By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

To me, the name Infinite implies there will be some sort of very real emphasis on a live service model. Nobody else thinks so?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:
To me, the name Infinite implies there will be some sort of very real emphasis on a live service model. Nobody else thinks so?

It seems that way. And that is precisely why this rumor of splitting the SP and MP kind of makes sense to me. They release the singleplayer in 2019, possibly even finishing the Reclaimer Storyline with it. Then in 2020 they release the MP on next-gen and support it "Infinitely" with new content, or at least support it throughout the remainder of the 9th gen with new content. 

I actually think it might be the opposite.

Release MP first, keep iterating/building on it, take extra time to nail the single player. Of course it's also possible that they would release the SP in chapters or something. Idk

Just going to say that MS had a great conference :)

Proud to be a Californian.

I don't think their going to separate the SP and MP launch. They already announced that they will be having a beta and I don't think they would have announced that if MP was coming later.

Maybe it's f2p multiplayer with microtransactions and modes like Warzone & BR etc. Actual game with campaign & proper balanced versus released later?

Anyway, good conference with plenty of games to look forward to. Sea of Thieves dlc, Gears 5, Metro, TR, Forza, Ori and obviously Cyberpunk.

Around the Network

Separating MP and SP is stupid. Wait until you have the full package and then release it, especially since the time difference between the two is a year or less.
Do not hurt the franchise image with stupid decision easily avoidable. Especially after Halo 5. The Halo franchise and Microsoft Game Studios need a ~95 scoring title.

Them not giving a date on the end of the trailer gives me hope that this rumor is wrong.

If you haven't already, you NEED to buy this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/titanfall-2-ultimate-edition/BT21JH17GCVC

Brilliant game, singe player and multiplayer wise. No reason not to pick it up.

Lol did you guys see the Control trailer, Remedy ripped off their own game. I was afraid for moment there that Sony somehow got QB2. At least the game is multiplat.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 11 June 2018

EspadaGrim said:
Lol did you guys the Control trailer, Remedy ripped off their own game. I was afraid for moment there that Sony somehow got QB2. At least the game isn't multiplat.

You mean is multiplat/isn't exclusive? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any kind of exclusivity.

As a fan of Quantum Break, I think Control looked dope

Replicant said:
EspadaGrim said:
Lol did you guys the Control trailer, Remedy ripped off their own game. I was afraid for moment there that Sony somehow got QB2. At least the game isn't multiplat.

You mean is multiplat/isn't exclusive? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any kind of exclusivity.

As a fan of Quantum Break, I think Control looked dope

Yeah I'm glad that it IS Multiplat lol, It looked good and I hope that MS wises up and funds Alan Wake 2. I have a feeling that they will be watching this game real closely.