By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is anyone else surprised how far along Gears 5 is (at least the campaign is) and how sharp it is looking at this stage, it gives me Hope that the Coalition is hopefully working on another game that isn't Gears with them expanding.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Is anyone else surprised how far along Gears 5 is (at least the campaign is) and how sharp it is looking at this stage, it gives me Hope that the Coalition is hopefully working on another game that isn't Gears with them expanding.

Not surprised I think Gears 5 could of been a 2018 game with how long it took them to produce Gears 4 in basically 2 years, I think 2019 is better for Gears as 4 still has a healthy user base to not pull it for a new instalment and 3 years is a fine enough cycle in most peoples eyes.

Releasing SP & MP separate will be a dumb thing to do just launch the damn thing in 2020.

I'm fine waiting until 2020 for a complete Halo package of SP/MP, Releasing them separate doesn't seem a good idea at all.

EspadaGrim said:
Zero Chance that MS releases a Mainline Halo and Gears game in the same year.

With gamepass there is a good chance. Both games will boost gamepass subs by a lot and will have large player bases.

Around the Network

Looking more into Compulsion Games I think that MS bought them because they are in Montreal, that city is probably the game dev capital of the world and they would be able to expand that studio with rich talent.

Do we know how big Ninja Theory currently are? They mentioned in the acquisition video they had 100 and split up their teams into 3 with 2 doing mostly contract work and the team of 20 that made Hellblade.

I'm curious to see how Ninja Theory will operate going forward whether they will operate 2 -3 smaller teams or as one big 100 man studio but I'm thinking the former and I would prefer them to have 2 AA games of similar scope as Hellblade on the go. I also like that they have been given complete freedom of creativity and I think they will become a new Single player IP factory of sorts which would be a great addition to MS studios going forward.

Ryuu, You broke the thread with your "Everything We Announced at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing" post. Could you fix that?

I don't wan't to read everything in italics for the rest of my life >.>

EDIT: It might fix itself on the next page.

Last edited by Barozi - on 11 June 2018

WoodenPints said:

Do we know how big Ninja Theory currently are? They mentioned in the acquisition video they had 100 and split up their teams into 3 with 2 doing mostly contract work and the team of 20 that made Hellblade.

I'm curious to see how Ninja Theory will operate going forward whether they will operate 2 -3 smaller teams or as one big 100 man studio but I'm thinking the former and I would prefer them to have 2 AA games of similar scope as Hellblade on the go. I also like that they have been given complete freedom of creativity and I think they will become a new Single player IP factory of sorts which would be a great addition to MS studios going forward.

Around 100 devs total, They way that they will work is probably shift their staff depending on how big their projects are and possibly expand as well but not to big maybe around 140 tops. Hellblade could have been AAA if they had their full staff working on it, I'm really excited for this team Enslaved & DMC were both great games and HellBlade was amazing and they really showed what they can do when they have creative freedom.

shikamaru317 said:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-halo-infinite-split-into-two-games-single-2019-multi-2020.48271/

Matches with what another source recently said. It's looking like Halo Infinite singleplayer and multiplayer will release as separate games. Here's hoping they will be priced no higher than $30 each.

More than likely 40$ multiplayer and 40$ campaign, with the Engine showing open world and large maps I think that Battle Royal will be in the Multiplayer.