By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:
TheSting said:
MS owns the Quantum Break and Scale bound IP right?

I'm pretty sure that they do.

& now they have the studios to make those games 

Around the Network
TheSting said:
EspadaGrim said:

I'm pretty sure that they do.

& now they have the studios to make those games 

MS is not going to force their studios to make these games, if they do then they will fracture their already shaky relationship with Remedy and Platinum.

Hah gameplay of Control looked excatly like Quantum Break. I don't know what to think of it. I guess it's nice to get to play more of it and it won't suffer from exclusivity. But now I'm thinking QB2 will be something different if it ever gets made.

Playing right now:
- Monster Hunter: I don't like at as much as I'd like to. Still at the beginning of the game, but the missions until now is the same. Go hubt a monster. Go hunt a bigger monster.. ect. Waiting for the game to grow as I'm starting tp get bored with it. One mission is too long and ypu can't pause because the game was designed with multiplayer in mind. I wouldn't recommend it for people who plan to play it single player.
- Wolfenstein 2: Brilliant game. Love the gameplay. The only con here is I feel like the character develop more in previous games, which I like. Or at least I feel the development more in previous games. Brilliant none the less.

Games on my backlog I've yet to play:

- Prey

I don't buy games at release anymore. I only buy the games before I actually play them or there is a sexy discount on them. I finally got to try and finish every game I bought for this gen. Only one left now, which is Prey.

Bought from the E3 sale:
- Assassin's Creed: Origins - $30
- GTA: V - $19.8
- Shadow of War - $25

I regretted buying GTA the moment I clicked on "buy" bottom. I know I don't play GTA games. Hopefully this will change and I'll enjoy it.

I was waiting for a discount, but the acquisition got me excited and I want to try the game. I bought Hellblade!

Well I know one thing this E3 probably has the most games shown that I'm interested in since I can remember and almost all of it I'm buying or at least interested in to see how they turn out.

It's also made me realise my backlog is way to far behind and I need to start playing through it.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Glad to see that this E3 has brought back excitement in Xbox for some people, the past year felt kinda rough But now we have a lot to look forward to in the future, hopefully it shows in increased Xbox Empire activity

Also yeah, Microsoft own the Quantum Break/Scalebound IP but I doubt they'd give either one to these studios.

But did it make you want to start gaming again? That is the real question

Xbox E3 was great. Biggest surprises for me were Ninja Theory acquisition and Gears 5.
And by Gears 5 i don't mean the announcement but how good it looked. It's been many years since i was this hyped for a Gears game.

I think MS is going to have a base next gen Xbox for $400 or $350 and a X model for $500 with more power. Next gen should be fun with Phil Spencers leading Xbox.

Ryuu96 said:
Microsoft is planning for the next Xbox console release to arrive in 2020. But what is more interesting, is that Microsoft describes ‘Scarlett’ as a family of devices; meaning we may see multiple pieces of hardware released that year.

That date may seem relatively close considering that the Xbox One X launched last year but Microsoft is aggressively moving ahead with hardware in the console space to shake up the industry. But what we don’t know is if this is a brand new set of devices or simply a more ‘powerful’ Xbox One that is again, fully backward compatible with all the content available today.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/161232/microsofts-next-gen-xbox-will-arrive-2020

Not a surprise, I think most of us guessed this date.

2020 just lines up for both X2 and PS5 that I find it quite hard to think either company will release outside of it, I could see MS or Sony maybe trying a earlier 2020 release like Nintendo did with the Switch bit I'm almost sure both will launch 2020.

Rather than multiple hardware releases in 2020 I think the family of devices refers more to the rolling hardware model meanings it's part of the Xbox family with X and Scarlet existing together at launch as the S will eventually be dropped. 343 also said about Halo Infinite "Taking advantage of the power of the Xbox One family" which would lead me to think that halo Infinite will be launching on X/Scarlet. Maybe MS will keep the Xbox One name going forward to signal it as One Xbox platform with tiers of hardware rolling in every few years much like we the S/X currently.

I do think they could go with a $299 and a $499 model for the next box to give people options of a cheap console for more casuals and for the hardcore user base a more pricey iteration.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 12 June 2018

For me, this E3 was the worst in recent memory. Maybe my expectations were too high but I think everybody besides Microsoft and Bethesda had better showings last year.

My personal ratings:

Microsoft: 9/10 - Conference setup and pace were close to perfect. We got a new Halo (even though that's probably a long way off), 3 Gears games and Forza Horizon 4. There were a lot of 3rd party games but I don't mind that when we're talking about games like Cyberpunk, Sekiro, Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry 5, Dying Light 2 and Battlefield 5. Only thing missing was an exciting new IP or megaton revival like Perfect Dark or Fable.

Bethesda: 8/10 - Conference was held back by a dull rock concert and too many awkward pauses. Content was top notch though. Bethesda fans literally got everything. New chapters announced in Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Wolfenstein and Rage as well as an exciting new IP in Starfield. Better conference setup and more gameplay in general would've improved the rating.

Ubisoft: 7.5/10 - Conference was top notch but content was a little lacking. Maybe I'm just being spoiled but Ubisoft usually ends the conference by announcing either a big new IP or a megaton revival. I admire that they show so much gameplay but it mostly felt like updates for already announced or released games. If they hadn't leaked/shown The Division 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, The Crew 2 and Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventures beforehand and had shown gameplay of Beyond Good & Evil 2, it would've been close to a 9/10 for me. With Splinter Cell or a big new IP on top would've made it a 10/10.

Sony: 7/10 - Conference was held back by weird setup and pace. They had the winning formula in 2015 and 2016 but for some reason decided to focus on very few games and unnecessary talks (without the actual developers). I really liked what I saw from TLOU2, Ghost, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Resident Evil 2, Control and Nioh 2 but what makes me primarily a PlayStation gamer is the variety of the (exclusive) library. Sony has so many varied games coming up but for some reason they only want to focus on their 3rd person action games. What about Spyro, MediEvil Remake, the secret Bluepoint game, Babylon's Fall, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Yakuza 6, Ace Combat 7, Dead or Alive 6, GT Sport's Summer update, Concrete Genie, Blood and Truth, Déraciné, etc. If we had had less talk, more games and that 1 huge surprise (RE2 was already announced), the rating would've been better.

Nintendo: 5/10 - This could've been a Smash Bros. Direct. I liked the extensive look at Smash Bros. Ultimate. It really is shaping up to be the ultimate fighting game with a huge number of characters and details. With that said I'm somewhat disappointed that it's a port of Smash 4 with some extra content and updated graphics. Besides from Super Mario Party, we didn't really get anything new. If we'd seen anything from Pokémon 2019, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, Yo-kai Watch 4, Good-Feel's new Yoshi game or Retro's new game, the rating would've easily been better.

Square Enix: 4/10 - My expectations were high for SE's conference because of their broad and varied library of both Japanese and Western games. I thought they would go all in and bring KH3, FF7 Remake, DQ XI, DQ Builders 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 4, Life is Stange 2, The Avengers Project, Left Alive, and People Can Fly's AAA shooter but we only got 4 of those. Platinum's Babylon's Fall looked promising but it was the only new announcement. If they hadn't leaked/shown everything else beforehand, the rating would've been better.

EA: 3/10 - At this point, I don't even think EA is trying to cater to gamers. Their conferences feel like reruns with the same boring talk about this year's "revolutionary" sports titles. They sit on so many great IPs (rip C&C) and sometimes they even have the content to make an interesting show but.. they're just not capable of delivering. They're just a bunch of uncreative and investor-driven suits who invite indie developers in the hope of giving the show some kind of pulse and personality. As a huge fan of the Jedi Knight-series, I hope Respawn's Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be a worthy spiritual successor but I won't hold my breath. I know there are many fans of the sports titles and Battlefield, Anthem and the indie games could turn out worthwhile. Though in order to go higher than 3/10, EA would have to actually make an effort regarding the setup, pace and content of the conference.