By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is there something MS use to do at press shows that hasnt been done in the last few years? Cant think of anything.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
konnichiwa said:
I hate to be like this but at this point I don't feel spending money for xbox/gold anymore. What they do with our money? Lucky they did not cancel C3 (yet) otherwise we would have more cancelled games announced than new games for this year :s.

It seems they've spent a lot of this year's budget on software and hardware upgrade. At least I hope so. Because if that is not the reason why are they so bad with their first-party doftware output this year and if it will continue in 2018, then they are in a big trouble.

MS just don't want it, at this point it has becomes undefendable. In 2013-2014 we had so many discussions (if people remember Maxwell) how it is normal that the first years are not great (Switch shows it can be great) but how the years after 2015/2016/2017 will be so much better...well not for Xbox one alteast;

I can not imagine that Phil spencer is happy about this and their is really no other reason than 'we don't want to spend more'.

jason1637 said:

Is there something MS use to do at press shows that hasnt been done in the last few years? Cant think of anything.

Well be positive, annouce a ton of games and shadowdrops!!

konnichiwa said:
I hate to be like this but at this point I don't feel spending money for xbox/gold anymore. What they do with our money? Lucky they did not cancel C3 (yet) otherwise we would have more cancelled games announced than new games for this year :s.

Yes this year is bad but come on.. They've released some great games for the last two years now and even 2014 was solid with MCC, the best collection ever. You get 'free' games with gold and they have been improving their system all the time to make it a better experience. This year they have a new sexy piece of hardware. I find X1 an awesome place to play games and use other apps. Mixer is actually pretty cool for example.

Of course if you don't think they offer enough value for your money then vote with your wallet.

konnichiwa said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It seems they've spent a lot of this year's budget on software and hardware upgrade. At least I hope so. Because if that is not the reason why are they so bad with their first-party doftware output this year and if it will continue in 2018, then they are in a big trouble.

MS just don't want it, at this point it has becomes undefendable. In 2013-2014 we had so many discussions (if people remember Maxwell) how it is normal that the first years are not great (Switch shows it can be great) but how the years after 2015/2016/2017 will be so much better...well not for Xbox one alteast;

I can not imagine that Phil spencer is happy about this and their is really no other reason than 'we don't want to spend more'.

Despite I don't really like Phil Spencer, I believe that he can't do a lot to improve Xbox market position. The problem is with Microsoft itself that doesn't want to spend a lot on Xbox. So, basically MS Studios have to do what they can on the small budget. To be honest at this rate it would be nice if MS sells Xbox to someone who cares about it.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
konnichiwa said:

Yes this year is bad but come on.. They've released some great games for the last two years now and even 2014 was solid with MCC, the best collection ever. You get 'free' games with gold and they have been improving their system all the time to make it a better experience. This year they have a new sexy piece of hardware. I find X1 an awesome place to play games and use other apps. Mixer is actually pretty cool for example.

Of course if you don't think they offer enough value for your money then vote with your wallet.

Yeah, during that time I said it was okayish same like the PS4 line up but not great, considering we normally are at the lifecycle where their should be a lot of games their sadly aren't....  

June-August was kind of horrible exclusives wise, they had Fable..card game preview...and that is all? Compare it with the two other consoles and the difference is depressing and like I said undefendable.

I'm just going to paste what I said in the crackdown 3 thread.

I'm really looking forward to this game and I think this is for the best. This will help it's sales compared to launching with more popular AAA games. Any extra polish help.

This has to be MS worst year in game releases. On the other hand, Spring 2018 is looking really good and 2018 in general should be one of the best years for the Xbox one.

You can now play Madden early on EA Access. Im trying to play the longest story mode, but I'm having a problem not hearing the character voices and can only hear the music in the back.

jason1637 said:
You can now play Madden early on EA Access. Im trying to play the longest story mode, but I'm having a problem not hearing the character voices and can only hear the music in the back.

Update:Got in contact with EA customer support and everything is all good now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMlb6Id1DqI