By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah this really is the worst year for Xbox ever. I hope Crackdown won't be cancelled.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:

Gears 4 having 6.4 million players is great news though. Sales likely at 4-5 million. It did have that free weekend after all. Some users here would have you believe it's only sold 1-2 million.

Makes me think halo 5 has has done 7-8 million sales, unless its player retention rate is way higher than gears. It's always above gears on the most played list.

Where did you get this info on Gears4 having so many players? Anyway that's great 😊

KiigelHeart said:
Yeah this really is the worst year for Xbox ever. I hope Crackdown won't be cancelled.

The worst thing is that I fear that if Xbox one underperforms this holiday season which is almost guaranteed, MS can cut Xbox department funding even more. I really hope they won't do it. 

Ryuu96 said:

Gears of War 4 has apparently had 6.4m Players

If true I wonder how many players Halo 5 had, oh and how many units did it actually sold. It's obviously more than what VGchartz is showing.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Gears of War 4 has apparently had 6.4m Players

If true I wonder how many players Halo 5 had, oh and how many units did it actually sold. It's obviously more than what VGchartz is showing.

I think it was obvious since Halo 5 released. I never believed Gears was in such a steep decline either, but thy shall not mention digital sales here. Gears even had the early access thing.

Both Halo and Gears had microtransactions too. They must have hit some good profits.

Around the Network

Next EA game. Not that many left.
I wish they'd make more NfS titles BC. Not a single one on there.

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:
Next EA game. Not that many left.
I wish they'd make more NfS titles BC. Not a single one on there.

I have a feeling we won't see them on BC, just like we haven't gotten many Forza games on BC. I'm guessing the licensing deals that the developers of racing games have to make with car makes, as well as the licensed soundtracks in many racing games, make doing BC releases for racing games alot more difficult. 

Yeah but they are all purchasable through the Xbox store, even the old ones like Carbon unlike the last gen Forza games.
EA seems to have licensed the cars and songs for a much longer period, otherwise they'd need to remove the games from the store.

I'm only expecting Recore DE, AOE news but it would be nice to get a surprise to make up for Crackdown 3.

I hate to be like this but at this point I don't feel spending money for xbox/gold anymore. What they do with our money? Lucky they did not cancel C3 (yet) otherwise we would have more cancelled games announced than new games for this year :s.

konnichiwa said:
I hate to be like this but at this point I don't feel spending money for xbox/gold anymore. What they do with our money? Lucky they did not cancel C3 (yet) otherwise we would have more cancelled games announced than new games for this year :s.

It seems they've spent a lot of this year's budget on software and hardware upgrade. At least I hope so. Because if that is not the reason why are they so bad with their first-party doftware output this year and if it will continue in 2018, then they are in a big trouble.