By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Angelus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL....Why does it take a Xbox conversation for me to agree wholeheartedly with you? Microsoft was blowing up every multiplat in anticipation for the Xbox One X that you barely saw any exclusives in action at E3.  The biggest games shown for Xbox One X were AC and Anthem and they are both multiplats. Its pretty obvious they are desperate to see an Xbox exclusive win a vote...but in reality they are going to play the crap out of Anthem and AC when they drop.

Sea of Thieves was the one exclusive they really went all out for, which I thought was interesting, considering it has no concrete release window, whereas Crackdown is a XOX launch title. You don't usually try to spend more time presenting games further out, than those right around the corner. That sort of thing makes it pretty telling that Crackdown 3 isn't up to the standards it should be.

Agreed. I just don't see how sea of thieves is going to be the talk of the town at any time of the year. Honestly July would be the safest month of the year in 2018 for that game to drop. Also, agreed on the crackdown issue. If Microsoft doesn't show off the multiplayer and the story they reception for this game is going to be more dismal than they thought. Being that the Xbox one is not gaining as many gamers as they did in the 360 era who consume content... they need to market the hell out of this game to increase the value of For consumers . I mean, I will buy it but November will be a crowded month. I'll probabaly play it in December though because December is usually slow.

Around the Network

both look like shit, voted for crackdown tho cuz it's exclusive

Ryuu96 said:
Some of you are getting way too concerned about what people are voting for.

Anyway, on the one hand, AC Origins looks great and it's made by the Black Flag Team (Which is my favorite AC) however I don't like the setting and honestly when I heard "Black Flag Team" I was hoping we'd get ships again and not little dingy boats Plus beforehand I heard a lot about how it's some soft reboot and it's so different and all that stuff but honestly it doesn't look that much different from other AC Games.

Crackdown, well that showing at the E3 Conference was crap but the gameplay we have seen afterward looked good and just like a Crackdown game, I'm a fan of Crackdown since the first game and had a lot of fun with it (Especially in co-op) and it's been much longer since we've had a Crackdown game, I'm hoping we see the other two islands soon, don't care about the multiplayer.

In terms of just pure fun I'd say I'd have more fun with Crackdown, the story will obviously go to AC Origins, not sure what to vote for ATM but looking at the previous pages makes me want to vote for Crackdown more

Doesn't matter what you vote for at this point. Crackdown is winning it like 3:1

And for me personally, it's not that I'm "concerned" with what people are voting for, I just don't get it. I'd love to see Crackdown 3 the way a lot of people here apparently do. I'd love for the game to be amazing, and surprise me the way the first game did, which I only bought for the Halo 3 beta at first, but ended up really loving on it's own merits. So far though......I can't look at Crackdown 3 and see anything other than a completely mediocre game, that can't even show off it's key feature on gaming's biggest stage, a few months before release. People are gonna vote how they're gonna vote, but you guys are the ones who said you want these polls to drive conversation on this thread, and create discussions......so ya, I wanna talk about wtf you guys are seeing in this game, cus I don't see anything special. I was more hyped for this game a year ago than I am today.

Ryuu96 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

To understand who "they" are check the voting results. Regardless... I wonder what the next choices will be.

Shocking you're taking issue with an Xbox exclusive winning the poll, I predicted this a few days ago.

How many times are you going to complain about the results of my polls in XBE? Been 3 times now.

Has nothing to do with an Xbox exclusive, but objective reasoning. Do you think I'd vote for metro if halo 6 or gears 5 was coming out? That's the reason I buy an Xbox and have stuck with it for so long.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

No wonder angelus is agreeing with me. You don't make a lick of sense . The assassins creed team is no doubt larger and filled with higher tier talent. Despite the formula being similar to past assassins creed games the extra year seems to have helped the direction of the game. Regardless, my point about micorsoft not showing very much of crackdown so close to release is not a good thing. All of the major games dropping in the same month have had more footage shown. It's going to the anticipation for the game you're taking about. In no objective arena with the footage shown would assassins creed ever lose to crackdown.yes, even as tired as the franchise became.

I can honestly say I might have misunderstood the word "pedigree" as where I come from I've only seen that word in a dog-food package. I assumed it means games they have previously released. What I mean was Rockstar has proven themselves to release quality games and RDR was phenomenal so I totally understand the anticipation of RDR2. Then again, Ubisoft has released broken crap like AC: Unity and most of those AC games are way too similar with endless amount of repetitive side quests etc. So I totally undestand why this game isn't so anticipated. Dev team size has nothing to do with it.

Ubisoft showed much of AC: Unity with a cool trailer and everything and yet the game wasn't up to standards. 

They could have 1500 people working on a new CoD game and I'd still vote Crackdown because that's what I would be looking forward to playing. Is this really hard to understand? These polls are subjective opinions so I don't know why you are going on about objective area. You should maybe try using your emotions sometimes too because your logic is failing you more often than not LOL

And yes, it's wonder Angelus is agreeing with you. It's only a matter of time until he realises what he's done LOL

edit. "Do you think I'd vote for metro if halo 6 or gears 5 was coming out? That's the reason I buy an Xbox and have stuck with it for so long." I wouldn't but somebody else who prefers Metro games might. That's the point.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Just saying, Forza Motorsport 7 beating Metro Exodus is worse than Crackdown beating AC Origins.

#SaltyMetroFanboy.

Lol are you kidding me? Metro is going to outsell whatever forza drops in the same year. Lol ... well whatever. Forza is a quality racer. Can't Arthur with that fact. Horizon has become a breath of fresh air for the Xbox brand in recent years .

Ryuu96 said:
Just saying, Forza Motorsport 7 beating Metro Exodus is worse than Crackdown beating AC Origins.

#SaltyMetroFanboy.

No it isn't. Both those games will be amazing. They'll be received well, critically, comerically, and loved by the fans.

For Crackdown 3, as of right now, I'd bet some serious cash that 2/3 will not be true.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ryuu96 said:

#SaltyMetroFanboy.

Lol are you kidding me? Metro is going to outsell whatever forza drops in the same year. Lol ... well whatever. Forza is a quality racer. Can't Arthur with that fact. Horizon has become a breath of fresh air for the Xbox brand in recent years .

First of all, you misunderstood what he said.

Second, Metro is awesome, but it actually has never sold all that amazingly. Unless there's a major uptick, it won't outperform Forza by much, even given the advantage of being multiplatform

Angelus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

First of all, you misunderstood what he said.

Second, Metro is awesome, but it actually has never sold all that amazingly. Unless there's a major uptick, it won't outperform Forza by much, even given the advantage of being multiplatform

I understood what he said, and yes, I am expecting a major uptick. Metron is going to get marketing behind it that it has never had before. Just wait and see. Microsoft just opened up the marketing floodgates for metro at E3. Guaranteed metro, anthem and ac origins had the best trailers showcasing the Xbox one x gameplay. I honestly don't believe the anthem gameplay was final but the other two seem further along and look great.

I'm waiting for two games mainly. State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. No matter what game they were up against I'd vote for them. The Crackdown 3 footage from E3 could've been better but what I saw was fine. Big explosions, car throwing, huge city and orbs. We saw Crackdown. You can't really stray to far from that formula. I just needed to see that. Whether it'll be a good game is the issue. From what I saw it will be fun at least.