By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
WoodenPints said:
KH3 is still probably not coming ever to anything

Fix'd... 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:
Anthem for me, though I'm still not sold on it. Sea of Thieves would be interesting if the solo experience wasn't lackluster. Skull & Bones is more likely to give me my pirate fix.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Skull & Bones a ships only multiplayer game? It looked and sounded super restrictive at E3.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both of these games, but Anthem is clearly on another level to Sea of Thieves.

I think you only control the ship in Skull & bones. You can't get out of your ship and explore like SoT.

DeusXmachina said:
Angelus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Skull & Bones a ships only multiplayer game? It looked and sounded super restrictive at E3.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both of these games, but Anthem is clearly on another level to Sea of Thieves.

I think you only control the ship in Skull & bones. You can't get out of your ship and explore like SoT.

Ya, that's how I understood it as well. Super lame

Goatseye said:
No one could ever explain to me, the reason how awful Japanese publishers are at handling their IPs on Xbox.
If KH3 flops on Xbox, they'll say there's no market for it on the platform. When the truth is that, they never supported or made an effort to create a fan base on the platform.

Well FF type zero/FFXV are on Xone and they sold weak, last generation with all those exclusive JRPG's on 360 FFXI/Infinite undiscovery/Last Remnant the games still sold horrible even games like FFXIII-FFXIII-2 and so on and when FFXIV came on the picture MS said 'No crossplay'    Honestly blame MS and the Xbox userbase. 

Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:
Anthem for me, though I'm still not sold on it. Sea of Thieves would be interesting if the solo experience wasn't lackluster. Skull & Bones is more likely to give me my pirate fix.

Basically World of Warships Pirate Ships from what I saw of it.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Goatseye said:
No one could ever explain to me, the reason how awful Japanese publishers are at handling their IPs on Xbox.
If KH3 flops on Xbox, they'll say there's no market for it on the platform. When the truth is that, they never supported or made an effort to create a fan base on the platform.

Well FF type zero/FFXV are on Xone and they sold weak, last generation with all those exclusive JRPG's on 360 FFXI/Infinite undiscovery/Last Remnant the games still sold horrible even games like FFXIII-FFXIII-2 and so on and when FFXIV came on the picture MS said 'No crossplay'    Honestly blame MS and the Xbox userbase. 

Pretty much everyone was agreeing back in the days, that console JRPGs that aren't FF are going to have a very hard time to get to 1m on one platform. Thus far only 2 JRPGs on PS4 made it above 1m in retail sales. Both are FF games. Persona 5will be the first non FF JRPG to achieve that.

FFXIII - 2.18m
Blue Dragon - 0.92m
Lost Odyssey - 0.9m
Dragon's Dogma - 0.79m
Star Ocean IV - 0.79m
Tales of Vesperia - 0.74m
FFXIII-2 - 0.73m
Infinite Undiscovery - 0.7m
The Last Remnant - 0.68m

That's far from horrible, especially when you consider that quite a few of those (especially those you mentioned) are games of questionable quality. Not comparable to the old KHs, FFs and the more recent titles such as Nier or Persona.

There are a lot of well known JRPGs on PS4 that bombed as well. All under 0.5m:
World of Final Fantasy
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Zestiria
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

It's a real shame about Skull & Bones, cus when they did the cinematic trailer to announce it I was like fuck ya, Ubi finally got a clue after AC4 and made a straight up pirate game without all the AC baggage. And then they show the gameplay and talk about what the game is, and it's like.....really? You guys took 4 years to copy and paste just Black Flag's naval system into it's own game? What???

Ubisoft........fucking incompetent shitheads. At least they're open about it now with their new logo

Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

Pretty much everyone was agreeing back in the days, that console JRPGs that aren't FF are going to have a very hard time to get to 1m on one platform. Thus far only 2 JRPGs on PS4 made it above 1m in retail sales. Both are FF games. Persona 5will be the first non FF JRPG to achieve that.

FFXIII - 2.18m
Blue Dragon - 0.92m
Lost Odyssey - 0.9m
Dragon's Dogma - 0.79m
Star Ocean IV - 0.79m
FFXIII-2 - 0.73m
The Last Remnant - 0.68m

That's far from horrible, especially when you consider that quite a few of those (especially those you mentioned) are games of questionable quality. Not comparable to the old KHs, FFs and the more recent titles such as Nier or Persona.

World of Final Fantasy
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Zestiria

Ya, and the next person that tries to argue that Xbox users have themselves to blame for not getting more JRPGs because we didn't rush out and buy Type 0, a $60 PSP port, deserves a digital punch in the throat. Excuse us if we don't bend over backwards, because we're so grateful for scraps, that we go and spend a ludacris amount of money on something that shouldn't be more than 20 bucks. Just because Playstation has all the mega hardcore FF fanboys, that would pay any price for any game with the FF name on it, doesn't mean that any regular, sane human being will throw their wallet at the screen cus Square snaps their fingers.

Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

FFXIII - 2.18m
Blue Dragon - 0.92m
Lost Odyssey - 0.9m
Dragon's Dogma - 0.79m
Star Ocean IV - 0.79m
FFXIII-2 - 0.73m
The Last Remnant - 0.68m

World of Final Fantasy
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Zestiria

Well let's make it clear that 1 million sales does not mean a game makes money or is a succes.

Just take your list.

Square enix brought FFXI to X360 (not to PS3 except if you had a bc version), Infinite undiscovery,Last Remnant and even SO IV as an time exclusive while PS3 got nothing... You can't blame the devs or MS... I blame the userbase

L.O/blue dragoon, the third game was cancelled because of financial reasons...You can blame the devs because they did a good/great job and MS made it possible so yeah I blame consumers.

Tales of Vesperia was the only game I feel like that made a profit but it also had a higer budget for a Tales game.

The list you write for PS4 game is a bit wrong. Valkyria Chronicles sold + 1 million on PS3 so yeah a remastered doing less should not be strange.
Tales of Zestiria was also a PS3 game and sold togher +1 million. Tales of Beseria was a sequel/prequel to Zesteria and was expected to do less (hard to follow the story if you not played Zesteria...Well atleast you were missing out on things).

SOV was a budget title and deserved to sell less imo.

World of final Fantasy is the only one I feel like they expect to sell more.

Anthem looks meh to me so I'm voting for Sea of Thieves.
The Skull of Bones game gave me a For Honor vibe. It seems like there are only pirate battles and if the SP will probably be a glorified tutorial while Sea of Thieves you can explore the world and have the pirate battles.