By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: Nintendo why do you insist on bad ideas for great games?!

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

Over 100 million Wiis sold globally, Wiimotes are commonplace. ;)

Not for me

Borrow from a friend, or buy one.

Ultimately, the option would be there for all players, so there would be no balance issue.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Not for me

Ultimately, the option would be there for all players, so there would be no balance issue.

Being forced to play a specific way over preferred styles to stand a fair chance is the very definition of a balance issue.

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

Being forced to play a specific way over preferred styles to stand a fair chance is the very definition of a balance issue.

No it's not, because everybody has the option. Holding the entire game back because of the inherent limits of analogue control, that's a problem. Besides the fact that Wiimote and classic controls have co-existed in games like Goldeneye and COD on Wii.

Well I'll be damned

Local multiplayer is my bigger gripe. Not just the number of players but the type of activity. There should be bot matches, co-op, 2 player online etc. Anyway I guess thats for the sequel ;)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

No it's not, because everybody has the option.

Yes it is, for the reason just given.

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

No it's not, because everybody has the option.

Anybody who is at a disadvantage chose that disadvantage for themselves. Holding back everyone and the entire game because of some people's preference for a less effective control method is the worse route.

Cream147 said:
If you're using dual analog, you're handicapping yourself. The motion controls are objectively better than dual analog - they just take more time to get used to.

And yeah, the framerate is already bad enough in the local mode, so I doubt they could have done much more with that.

Completely disagree. I am always the top player on my team and I use dual analog. I find motion controls (for me) inferior.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Anybody who is at a disadvantage chose that disadvantage for themselves. Holding back everyone and the entire game because of some people's preference for a less effective control method is the worse route.

Good so you admit that is what makes an imbalance an inbalance, the only thing I was trying to get across here. I can't ignore how silly your second sentence is though. "Holding back everyone" then you contradict yourself by saying "some people's", makes sense as obviously not everyone likes motion controls, whereas everyone is perfectly capable of using the perfectly functional sticks that come with every Wii U system, hence no one is being held back. Could they have implemented the Wiimote? Sure, but by no means do they have to as it's not the system's primary controller. 

curl-6 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

It is a balance issue, there is no way to turn around the facts. There would be ton of complains for that.