By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: Nintendo why do you insist on bad ideas for great games?!

Oiii you can turn it off stop complaining :/ 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ruler said:
Wiimote would be cheating

It would provide an advantage, but since everyone would have the option to use it, it wouldn't be unfair.

Everyone who want to spend 60$ on a wiimote controller, its not optional at all for everybody

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

It would provide an advantage, but since everyone would have the option to use it, it wouldn't be unfair.

Everyone who want to spend 60$ on a wiimote controller, its not optional at all for everybody

Over 100 million Wiis sold globally, Wiimotes are commonplace. ;)

I see Superchunk is still around making those kind of threads. Nice to see you again. On topic, I love Splatoon, great 8/10 game, just don't see the value in spending $60 for such little content/options. I do however, hate forced Gyro/Motion controls and I agree that the sequel will fix everything.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

I was about to say.

People forget that the Wii U is hardware BC as well as software. So those piles of Wii aceessories that you or family/friends have are useful again. Or you can find official controllers at any garage sale for a few dollars...

Around the Network
superchunk said:

There is NO damn reason local multiplayer should be limited to 1v1. This mode should allow 4v local OR 4 local vs 4 online

Did you ever played local 1vs1? the framerate decrease dramaticaly, i doubt the wii u could handle 4 players.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Not for me

JNK said:
superchunk said:

There is NO damn reason local multiplayer should be limited to 1v1. This mode should allow 4v local OR 4 local vs 4 online

Did you ever played local 1vs1? the framerate decrease dramaticaly, i doubt the wii u could handle 4 players.

I think this is a point, at 1vs1 FPS is 30.

And I think gamepad is very good controller for game.

What I miss the most are 4 player local matches (just make the maps smaller!) with customization options, 2-4 players online on one console and clans. My friends and I fully expected to go online together and play as a team against the world.

Other than that, the game is great! There's just so much potential that hasn't been realized (yet).

If you're using dual analog, you're handicapping yourself. The motion controls are objectively better than dual analog - they just take more time to get used to.

And yeah, the framerate is already bad enough in the local mode, so I doubt they could have done much more with that.