By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: Nintendo why do you insist on bad ideas for great games?!

So the game is great but you want perfection? *facepalm*

This is the first Splatoon. A new IP. Why would the make improvement impossible when they can sell Splatoon then improve it and sell splatoon 2 or dlc it later and renew interest? Youre acting like this is it!!! 

Around the Network
nuckles87 said:

I prefer the motion control. It allows for more nuanced aiming that you just don't get with dual analog. On top of that, even with motion controls you use the second analog stick to adjust your aim. It is the better control method. You just need to take 5 minutes to adapt to it, rather than insisting on the same damn control scheme you've used for the last 15 years just because you're more used to it.

Lol, please stop pretending that motion controls are better than dual analog. It depends on the player and that's that. You just can't make sweeping statements like that, acting like motion controls are the better control scheme for every single person that plays this game.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

"Man Nintendo why doesn't Super Mario Galaxy have 4 player local, online play, voicehat, and come with ham sandwich? God such bad ideas!"

Dusk said:
superchunk said:

MK8 was last I played. However there are quite a few others. Just because shooter games have largely moved to online only models in terms of cooperative play, doesn't mean it is how Nintendo should have created their solution. Nintendo generally offers excellent local multiplayer and is just now filling out quality online offerings.

But I can tell you're the type of person who just settles with 'good enough'. Enjoy your mediocracy.

My mistake, I suppose I should have specified "shooter" since that is indeed the genre of game that splatoon is. Same question, but refined to shooter. 

As far as other genre's, yeah there are lots. I do think that with the shooter genre it can easily be done, but since so much of them are online now and there is the constant push for better graphics it does make it harder for it to really be achievable. Although, I really do miss the days of goldeneye and PD. 

Don't let my mediocrity stand in your way though. Man, the shit that people say online baffles me. 

Even if i wasn't asked, Halo 4. Which is actually fun. Splatoon local MP could have been great. 2vs2, maybe only the smaller Maps, normal splitscreen.

captain carot said:
Dusk said:
superchunk said:

MK8 was last I played. However there are quite a few others. Just because shooter games have largely moved to online only models in terms of cooperative play, doesn't mean it is how Nintendo should have created their solution. Nintendo generally offers excellent local multiplayer and is just now filling out quality online offerings.

But I can tell you're the type of person who just settles with 'good enough'. Enjoy your mediocracy.

My mistake, I suppose I should have specified "shooter" since that is indeed the genre of game that splatoon is. Same question, but refined to shooter. 

As far as other genre's, yeah there are lots. I do think that with the shooter genre it can easily be done, but since so much of them are online now and there is the constant push for better graphics it does make it harder for it to really be achievable. Although, I really do miss the days of goldeneye and PD. 

Don't let my mediocrity stand in your way though. Man, the shit that people say online baffles me. 

Even if i wasn't asked, Halo 4. Which is actually fun. Splatoon local MP could have been great. 2vs2, maybe only the smaller Maps, normal splitscreen.

You were asked, I just asked you...? Anyway, I actually didn't know Halo 4 was. I only played the fist two.

Thanks for being less condescending in your latest reply.  

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

Using dual analog got me killed. Motion controls for life!

I just wish it had better matchmaking, let me change weapons between rounds, let us vote on levels, and shut up those Squid Sisters. Aside from that, great game! I didn't even want it but my daughter convinced me to download it. I've been playing more than she has!!

Pointer controls using the remote and nunchuck would give those players an unfair advantage over everyone else.

As for the motion controls, it's just a matter of getting used to them. Once you start forgetting about using them for the X axis and just use them for the Y axis you'll find it MUCH easier.

snowdog said:
Pointer controls using the remote and nunchuck would give those players an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Pointer controls and analogue have existed side by side in the last 4 COD games on Nintendo consoles and the Goldeneye 007 remake, it didn't break those games.