By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Splatoon be able to outsell any major exclusives from Sony or Microsoft this year?

Portal_man said:

lol so funny. nintendo releases more games than any other company.

Oh? That's very interesting. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Cloudman said:

Hmm, actually, so far, Bloodborne's sales aren't as high as I expected. Maybe it might have a chance, if Ninten's marketing worked.

I think Splatoon will beat BloodBorne in sales before the Black Friday week. xD

That would be a lil sad... SPlatoon somehow beating it, for it to lose in BW sales due to Sony having better deals... : (

But I suppose I can see Splatoon having a better chance than I gave it credit for.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Portal_man said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Halo will squash it like a bug. It's not even a maybe it's a FACT. Bloodborne has probably will also end up above Splatoon, in terns of sales.

Definitely not a fact. It all depends on how each game does. splatoon could be the new mario kart and halo on x1 will never have as big of a base as the x360 had.

Come on now, let's not go to dreamland. Halo will probably sell more in America than Splatoon will do in it's lifetime. Willing to bet on that if you'd like.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

VitroBahllee said:
PixelPerfect said:
I don't see it beating too many but I have faith that it'll outsell some of the bigger Sony and Microsoft exclusive titles.

Not too many but some of the bigger? Don't you mean 'not too many but most of the smaller,' it would be a more defensible wording, logically. It can't beat ANY of the bigger ones without beating ALL the smaller ones.

Whoops, messed up.   Fixed.

Mr.Playstation said:
Portal_man said:

Definitely not a fact. It all depends on how each game does. splatoon could be the new mario kart and halo on x1 will never have as big of a base as the x360 had.

Come on now, let's not go to dreamland. Halo will probably sell more in America than Splatoon will do in it's lifetime. Willing to bet on that if you'd like.

Also, X1 is tracking well ahead of 360 console sales for this point in its lifespan. The Wii U isn't even on track with Gamecube and can no longer be compared with Dreamcast because the Dreamcast, while ahead in terms of install base, stopped being sold for being a flop at this point.

Around the Network

I uhh think you guys need to chill with these Splatoon predictions.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nintendo exclusives don't really sell that great unless they're part of their major franchises like Mario and Zelda. Or feature characters from those franchises.
Barring that there's very few Nintendo games that are lucky enough to sell a million copies. Nintendo and MS are similar in this sense where they have a couple IPs that sell very well but everything else they make is completely ignored by gamers.

Sony is different in this sense as they are able to put out several multi-million sellers each gen.

Let's use this site's data as an example, looking at how many IPs each of the 3 companies put out that had a game which sold atleast a million units:

Nintendo: 12 IPs (5 were new)
Microsoft: 12 IPs (6 were new)
Sony:::::::::20 IPs (12 were new)

Fusioncode said:

That's not a prediction. :P

Fusioncode said:

No ,no ,this is fun. before and after.

Halo no, others probably not, but I would really like to see Splatoon do well..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]