By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Splatoon be able to outsell any major exclusives from Sony or Microsoft this year?

If we define "major exclusive" as "a game that outsells Splatoon" then no it won't outsell any major exclusives.

Around the Network

#halokiller

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

This is the part where I point out that Wii U has the top 5 selling exclusives of the generation so far (though Bloodborne may challenge that). Splatoon will not sell numbers like these 5 though - it doesn't have Mario (or a Mario hat) on the cover.

So I guess it all depends what you define as a major exclusive. It will shift in the region of 1.5 million copies this year I imagine so is that major or not?

Bloodborne is damn near a million sold by now. I mean Splatoon will have to sell than and more in a shorter amount of time. Im not seeing it. Order maybe. Halo, nope

oniyide said:
Bloodborne is damn near a million sold by now. I mean Splatoon will have to sell than and more in a shorter amount of time. Im not seeing it. Order maybe. Halo, nope

Bloodborne sold over a million like 2 months ago...

Around the Network
TheObserver said:
oniyide said:

Bloodborne sold over a million like 2 months ago...

even better!

oniyide said:

Yeah, I expect it to do better then The Order: 1886, might not be able to reach Bloodbourne given I think Nintendo has done a piss poor job with advertising it compared to what Sony did and unless Halo 5 gives both the console it plays on and the player some sort of communicable virus, I can't see Splatoon coming close to beating that.

With Halo releasing this year, a big nope.

Well this is a kinda rigged question since the only exclusives coming out are either established big or hyped up. It's not like there's any smaller ones coming that we know of, iirc. If it stays that way then it's Splatoon vs Halo, Bloodborne, and Order 1886 which pretty stiff competition. Out of those three, only The Order seems possible to be beat. Bloodborne has done much better than the Order and Halo - even if it is the worst selling ever - will be almost impossible for Splatoon to catch.

The Order 1886 is beatable.
It has a head start and a bigger userbase, but it wasn't as well received.