By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some companies get a free pass when releasing games with problems ?

Tagged games:

Mummelmann said:

Uh, have you played any GTA game? If frame rate drops is all it takes to have grounds to bash a developer, Rockstar are among the worst in the world in open world games, add massive pop-in and texture loading issues as well. Bethesda follow close behind.
GTA V is rated a 96 on metacritic, why don't you use that for an example instead?

You forgot to mention online play. I found the online experience in Microsoft Gaming Zone back in the day where players had to host themselves to be more reliable than their damn servers.

Seriously, as much as I enjoyed that game I cannot recall the last time I had a worse experience with servers than theirs.

Around the Network

1) Bias, or
2) Reputation. CDP has a good reputation so as long as they put a little more effort into their next games players can forgive them. Ubisoft fucked up one time too many..

Johnw1104 said:
Mummelmann said:

Uh, have you played any GTA game? If frame rate drops is all it takes to have grounds to bash a developer, Rockstar are among the worst in the world in open world games, add massive pop-in and texture loading issues as well. Bethesda follow close behind.
GTA V is rated a 96 on metacritic, why don't you use that for an example instead?

You forgot to mention online play. I found the online experience in Microsoft Gaming Zone back in the day where players had to host themselves to be more reliable than their damn servers.

Seriously, as much as I enjoyed that game I cannot recall the last time I had a worse experience with servers than theirs.

Yeah, GTA Online was legendary for its issues. Luckily for me, I don't play console games online...

last92 said:
1) Bias, or
2) Reputation. CDP has a good reputation so as long as they put a little more effort into their next games players can forgive them. Ubisoft fucked up one time too many..

They have good reputation? CD project never brought most of the other witcher games to consoles because they couldnt and woulndt want to figure out how to programm for them.

Thats not good reputation imo

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
What exactly is the problem? Looks fine to me...

Did you saw the video or even played the game on ps4 to say this is fine?

I have the witcher and ive come across none of these issues. You might be in the minority.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Kuksenkov said:
I thought this was going to be a Nintendo bashing one... Glad it isn't.

I think it has to do with the fact that Ubisoft and EA have been so bad for so long, that people won't let them get away with yet another screw up.

I've no idea if The Witcher was downgraded, patched, glitched, broken at launch, whatever it is, I couldn't careless.

Lol no they haven't been "bad" for long.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Ruler said:

They have good reputation? CD project never brought most of the other witcher games to consoles because they couldnt and woulndt want to figure out how to programm for them.

Yes, they have a good reputation. CDP is a small team, if they could develop tw and tw2 for consoles they probably would have done so. On PC they did a splendid job, so for the moment people are still understanding.  Believe me, if they release another bugged game in the near future players won't give them a free pass.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
alternine said:

Lol no they haven't been "bad" for long.

How many hours you played the witcher 3 ps4 version ?

Edited just saw your PSN profile and saw you played "Find the baron's wife and daughter." , are you telling me you didnt lag in the place you find his wife, you saying your framerate is not like in that video and you have 30 fps there?

Lol Did you really look up up my PSN profile to see if I was telling the truth? And no There were no slowdowns when I went to the swamp.

- Max Payne 3

last92 said:
Ruler said:

Yes, they have a good reputation. CDP is a small team, if they could develop tw and tw2 for consoles they probably would have done so. On PC they did a splendid job, so for the moment people are still understanding.  Believe me, if they release another bugged game in the near future players won't give them a free pass.

They released Witcher 2 for 360 but not for PS3

Ruler said:
last92 said:

They released Witcher 2 for 360 but not for PS3

Fixed :)

- Max Payne 3