By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some companies get a free pass when releasing games with problems ?

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
What exactly is the problem? Looks fine to me...

No

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
To be frank it seems games this gen are buggier on consoles than they are on PC. I haven't run into any significant/game breaking problems in The Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition before that, where as PS4 owners in particular are always running into all sorts of ridiculous problems. It would be nice to know of all the buggy games on PS4 and see how they compare on PC.I think The Witcher 3 is one of the most stable and well optimized releases on PC in recent history, so I'm not complaining.

MKX on pc was broken same way with gta 5 which had some issues

Ruler said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
To be frank it seems games this gen are buggier on consoles than they are on PC. I haven't run into any significant/game breaking problems in The Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition before that, where as PS4 owners in particular are always running into all sorts of ridiculous problems. It would be nice to know of all the buggy games on PS4 and see how they compare on PC.I think The Witcher 3 is one of the most stable and well optimized releases on PC in recent history, so I'm not complaining.

MKX on pc was broken same way with gta 5 which had some issues

It wasnt broken, the movies werent encoded properly and people didnt complete the steam install (streamed/chunked) install
. My friends and I havnt had any problems in that game either. I havent experienced or heard about ay issues in GTAV either. I must be very fortunate.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

daredevil.shark said:

Playing witcher 3 in PS4. Apart from some crashed game is fine. And game is full of contents. Watch dogs felt like $30 game. Witcher 3 feels like a $200 game.

Sorry, a crash is not fine in my books. I may be willing to see it in scale to other qualities, but a crashing game is just broken.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, don't know the details, but two points:
1) As others said, CD project Red hasn't pissed of gamers as often as EA and Ubisoft did. That's why problems are easier to forgive.
2) If the only problem is low framerate, then it isn't fine but not as big as gamebreaking glitches, crashes/freezes or other stuff like that. And that happened in other games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mnementh said:

Sorry, a crash is not fine in my books. I may be willing to see it in scale to other qualities, but a crashing game is just broken.

Its not like it crashs every day ,in like 80 hours it crashed 3 times on me.

Crashs and freezes are generally not fine, they are severe problems. Not that someone else then daredevil.shark encountered crashes in Witcher seemingly, so it seems not a very common problem. Anyways, framerate-problems are a way less important problem.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Last year Ubisoft got trashed by all because of the assasins creed game problems, it had framerate problems, loading screens problems and other stuff. Press call them out , trash them and mock them on twitter etc.

Now i am talking CDproject red, look at the game on ps4 :

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_swamps_1_03-34759_en.html

Look at this... City of the game is like this too when rains, or when is night or there is fire effects.

their forums tech support :

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/43085-How-well-is-the-PS4-version-running-for-you-%28Performance-wise%29/page6

They lied :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/06/the-witcher-3-devs-on-ps4-version-dont-worry-about-optimization-our-coders-are-true-voodoo-shamans/

Lots of not happy people.

And not a single website calls them out or puts some kind of pressure to see if they fix the game or not, if this was Ubisoft or EA OR sony, microsoft ( edited ) they would be fucked but CDProjectred have some free pass in this.

The double standarts ...

Its so fucking bad trying to enjoy a great game ( game is great ) and these things keep destroying your experience.

becuase W3:WH does not break the average ABABAPPA.

for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfuZudklJI

EDIT: to make it clear, W3:WH is like 70 ~ 80 ABABAPPA, but AC, MCC and driveclud are like 3 ~ 15 ABABAPPA.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

zero129 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

This pretty much. I cant believe how much problems console games are having this gen so far compared to lastgen since so far ive had no problems with The Witcher 3 on PC or any of the other big games other then ACU.

I don't know what's normal, but there are nearly 8000 posts in the PC tech support forum for The witcher 3, almost twice as many as for the ps4 and x1 version combined. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/180-PC

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mnementh said:

Its not like it crashs every day ,in like 80 hours it crashed 3 times on me.

I would just sell this game by now

What about the king of the double standard: Bethesda! I love there games, but I refuse to get them at full price or at launch.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]