By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some companies get a free pass when releasing games with problems ?

Tagged games:

CDPR hasn't fucked up as often as EA and Ubisoft, and there are other factors in play that EA and Ubi have fucked up on, like DRM (Origin/Uplay). You piss on people often enough and even the most diehard fans will remember it.

Around the Network

20 fps on ps4?!

That´s a mess.

15 hours in and I haven't had any problem with the game aside from some frame drops.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
RolStoppable said:
I am not sure if this qualifies as a double standard. It took several games until the likes of Ubisoft and EA got seriously called out on the things they did on a regular basis. CDPR has still ways to go before they've pissed away all of the goodwill.

Ubisoft for example i dont remember their games being with tech problems, only ass creed last year, they did said some stupid things across the years that pissed some people., they have one ass creed every year but can you blame them if people keeps buying it :S

Play Zombi U....

Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ganoncrotch said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Not even bother to respond at what you said and will just ignore from now on.

watched it too, what is the issue, clarify your OP or else don't make teary posts like this, waste of time watching a linked vid with no description.

Framerate is always 20 fps , sometimes hitting less than 20 , dont know why you find it so hard to see the problem.

Maybe because game crashing, online not working, saves being deleted, glitches preventing progress etc are considered problems and frame rate being 20 just isn't...

Framerate isn't the only problem, but running less than 20 fps even after a massive downgrade is unacceptable.  

You don't have to look too far to see how many issues and how frequently the game is having these issues.  There's a Game Informer article about how saving every time you do anything is necessary because two different issues that won't allow you to save.  The game crashes often, and then you have massive framerate issues to top it off.  Been released a decent amount of time and no fixes, devs just saying delete your cache or patch update, power cycle console then retry.  We shouldn't have to do this on any game, especially not at this level.

CD Projekt Red owns GOG, but when they lie to gamers faces which was nothing but bullshit PR, they've immediately lost all good will.  I said it time and time again that CD Projekt Red's PR was an act and that Witcher 3 would get a 90+ Meta no matter how many problems it had.  I was right and everyone else fell for it.  Most people are apologetic, exactly as expected, because why should a dev who made all these broken promises be responsible.

Good game, sure.  Desrving of the scores it's received and the amount of praise?  No.  

Around the Network

Different points of view, maybe.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Really not that big of a deal to most console gamers. 20fps? Do understand that people had no problem enjoying Dark Souls 1 (consoles) or Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)?

4 ≈ One

To be frank it seems games this gen are buggier on consoles than they are on PC. I haven't run into any significant/game breaking problems in The Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition before that, where as PS4 owners in particular are always running into all sorts of ridiculous problems. It would be nice to know of all the buggy games on PS4 and see how they compare on PC.I think The Witcher 3 is one of the most stable and well optimized releases on PC in recent history, so I'm not complaining.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

The frame rate dips are definitely annoying in combat. I rather meditate for sunny skies than to take on a group in the rain. Frame rate is far from the only problem the game has, it's a diamond in the rough, very rough.

I don't know why they get a free pass. The witcher 2 launch wasn't exactly smooth (it launched with drm that did not work and left people unable to play, then they were suddenly heros for removing the drm). Plus the game was badly optimized, making me to go into the settings to try to make it playable in some areas. (pc version)

Now on console at least the frame rate doesn't dip so low it becomes a slide show but it's still annoying. As for the other problems, I posted them before and the list keeps growing:

The game play is somewhere between passable and plain bad. Clunky movement, finicky positioning to press x in the exact right spot, camera is the biggest enemy in combat, bad horse controls, bad swimming controls, you frequently get stuck on the scenery as well as the camera, enemies get stuck on trees and the environment, climbing is inconsistent, crafting system is a mess that only weighs your inventory down with the ridiculous number of components you find everywhere, inventory is slow and a mess with no sorting options, text is too small in the menus.

The main quest and some side quests have been great so far, yet I've already spent far more time doing the same old generic stuff. Repetitive points of interest as well as generic kill x quests all over the place. Plus the actual game play in the quests is nothing to brag about either. Witcher sense spot the glowy red things in the right order to trigger the next thing gets old fast.

The frame rate can get so bad at times that combat becomes almost impossible with the wildly moving camera. Don't fight large groups in the rain. The loading times are downright awful. Equipment degrades far too fast, the game would have me repair my sword multiple times in one game day. Shops reset instantly, can't buy back stuff.

Axii is far over powered. I put most of my points in it (lvl 10 atm) and when I charm a lvl 7, he can chop down a shield bearing lvl 16 in 2 blows. Yet my lvl 10 self can hardly touch the lvl 16.

Graphical glitches are not uncommon either. Weird instant weather changes at times, night time environment lighting while the sun is already up, corpses that stick out in the air or through things, trees blowing through walls.

It's a testament to how good the characters and writing are that I want to play more. The landscape does look lovely and there's plenty to explore. However exploration is becoming less and less rewarding due to all the identikit villages and points of interest locations. Plus I saw the exact same guy 3 times in a row, twice as a merchant in an identikit village, then as an inn keeper. He could have at least changed his clothes.

I saw that guy again, and the exact same kid 3 times already. Got stuck in the scenery bad enough I could do nothing but reload, sometimes saves don't actually save, walking through gates is comedy as always, better get off the horse when you get near walls or fences, and summon him again later, it's better for your sanity.

This game proves that game play is the least important asset of a game, I'm still enjoying it despite occasionally getting fed up with the game play.  Btw what is this stuff about not milking it. Sure it has some free horse armor type dlc (why isn't it simply part of the game) yet like any other game there's a $25 expansion pass for still unknown content. Sounds like a season pass to me.

Back to talking with the characters and sight seeing. /casts axii: there are no bugs, the game is perfect, must gather more loot.

Edit: Beware, don't go too close to the (invisible) edge of the map. It automatically reset me floating in the air, to then fall to my death after 2 steps.

SubiyaCryolite said:
To be frank it seems games this gen are buggier on consoles than they are on PC. I haven't run into any significant/game breaking problems in The Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition before that, where as PS4 owners in particular are always running into all sorts of ridiculous problems. It would be nice to know of all the buggy games on PS4 and see how they compare on PC.I think The Witcher 3 is one of the most stable and well optimized releases on PC in recent history, so I'm not complaining.

Yeah, there are some patches for console games of obscene sizes this gen, there seems to be many issues with frame rates, pop-in and stutters as well as tearing. Hardware got better; problems increase. This is of course due to more processes being run in the application, more effects, more threads, more potential for hickups and jolts.