By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusives 2015: Xbox One vs PlayStation 4. The complete list

SWORDF1SH said:
starcraft said:
SWORDF1SH said:

And this is exactly why we can't go into which games are better and which games people will play because that's all subjective. For instance The Order got slated but some people enjoyed it and might prefer that to a game like Forza. Each list will hold difeent values to different people and it's not really something that we can discuss. If a game appeals to you, nobody can take that away.

But the list is fact. These are games that are listed for 2015. Obviously some will make it, some won't and new ones will be added.

I agree with all of this.

If you're true goal is to counter your perception that people are attacking the PS4's library as lacking games, in future it might be more productive to simply list the PS4's games - as opposed to offering a direct comparison to any other console, which will inevitably open up very different debates.

Why should I tread carefully because some people might not like the results? I was prepared to make this thread which ever way it went.

If people do not like what they see, why is that my fault?

Why do you think I put PS4 and X1 head to head? They are direct competitors and it actually gives you a better idea of how big each library is when you gauge them against each other. End of. If you don't like the way the thread is made or I should list games that "people will play" or whatever else you jotted about throughout the thread, make your own and you can make it exactly how you want it.

Ok, now it is me that is confused.

You've stated that this thread was a response to your feeling that people have downplayed the availability of games for the PS4. You've also expressed consternation at people viewing this thread as a flawed form of list war.

Now, if that was what you intended, thats fine. I have not implied for a second that you should tread carefully. But having been told that you hadn't intended to create a list war, I simply pointed out why two lists of games on seperate consoles, seperated by the word 'vs,' resulted in a headache for you, and a dozen reports for me.

I have expressed a belief that these sorts of threads generally go nowhere, and are highly susceptible to very subjective notions of what games should and should not 'count.' If your intentions in creating this thread were as stated, I can understand your disappointment - but there really is no call for you to have a go at me about it.

As for my comment about 'games people will play' - a recent post highlighted hundreds of games for both consoles referred to in the OP - clearly some of them will be poor, and statistically insignifcant sales wise. A great many more will have no discernible impact on console sales. If it was not clear that my generalisation referred to this, I apologise. As others have said, I suspect the majority of the non-descript posters you have cited as stating the PS4 has 'no games' were not literally stating that no games at all were available on the Playstation 4, which may be where your confusion originated.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:

You've stated that this thread was a response to your feeling that people have downplayed the availability of games for the PS4. You've also expressed consternation at people viewing this thread as a flawed form of list war.

Now, if that was what you intended, thats fine. I have not implied for a second that you should tread carefully. But having been told that you hadn't intended to create a list war, I simply pointed out why two lists of games on seperate consoles, seperated by the word 'vs,' resulted in a headache for you, and a dozen reports for me.

I have expressed a belief that these sorts of threads generally go nowhere, and are highly susceptible to very subjective notions of what games should and should not 'count.' If your intentions in creating this thread were as stated, I can understand your disappointment - but there really is no call for you to have a go at me about it.

As for my comment about 'games people will play' - a recent post highlighted hundreds of games for both consoles referred to in the OP - clearly some of them will be poor, and statistically insignifcant sales wise. A great many more will have no discernible impact on console sales. If it was not clear that my generalisation referred to this, I apologise. As others have said, I suspect the majority of the non-descript posters you have cited as stating the PS4 has 'no games' were not literally stating that no games at all were available on the Playstation 4, which may be where your confusion originated.

I disagree on the last paragraph.  What I've seen is that usually the "PS4 has no games" rhetoric is connected to the idea that PS4 doesn't deserve the sales it is current getting.  For that purpose it doesn't matter what the supposed impact of a given game's release will have on console sales, all that matters is that it exists and is one more reason why the PS4 "deserves" the sales it is getting.  

Also the concept that lists shouldn't be made including "games noone will play" saddens me.  The idea that you shouldn't even consider a game as being a meaningful addition to a console's library unless it has a certain number of sales just seems so demeaning to some really great games that just aren't in every consumer's wheel house.  Ore Shika was a really fun little game on the Vita, but according to this concept it shouldn't even be thought of as in the Vita's library because it's a "game noone will play"

FInally, if what people mean by "PS4 has no games" is "PS4 does not have enough games of notable commercial impact to explain the sales disparity between it and its competetors" then they should say that, otherwise I will continue to look at it at face value as an attempt to downplay the console that's winning because it's not their favorite.  

Torillian said:
starcraft said:

I disagree on the last paragraph.  What I've seen is that usually the "PS4 has no games" rhetoric is connected to the idea that PS4 doesn't deserve the sales it is current getting.  For that purpose it doesn't matter what the supposed impact of a given game's release will have on console sales, all that matters is that it exists and is one more reason why the PS4 "deserves" the sales it is getting.  

Also the concept that lists shouldn't be made including "games noone will play" saddens me.  The idea that you shouldn't even consider a game as being a meaningful addition to a console's library unless it has a certain number of sales just seems so demeaning to some really great games that just aren't in every consumer's wheel house.  Ore Shika was a really fun little game on the Vita, but according to this concept it shouldn't even be thought of as in the Vita's library because it's a "game noone will play"

FInally, if what people mean by "PS4 has no games" is "PS4 does not have enough games of notable commercial impact to explain the sales disparity between it and its competetors" then they should say that, otherwise I will continue to look at it at face value as an attempt to downplay the console that's winning because it's not their favorite.  

The bolded is a whole can of worms for another thread.

I am not saying that people shouldn't make lists. I am also not saying that when people make lists, they shouldn't make lists that include any and all games they want to include.

If someone already believes a console's success cannot be explained by the games on the system, they are hardly going to be convinced by a comprehensive list of games they have never heard of. Oreshika was by those few accounts I have heard of it, a pretty decent game. For every pretty decent low-key game, you're going to get a lot more not-at-all decent low-key games.

The last paragraph...I guess thats a matter of opinion? When someone says the PS4 has no games, I (and evidently a lot of others) view that as hyperpole indicating it does not have high profile games in any great quantity - given its self-evident that the console does in fact have games, being a gaming console.

TL:DR - If people think a console doesn't have many great games, creating a list of games they haven't heard of or are not great won't change their mind of behaviour - but simply perpetuate the pissing contest.

starcraft said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Why should I tread carefully because some people might not like the results? I was prepared to make this thread which ever way it went.

If people do not like what they see, why is that my fault?

Why do you think I put PS4 and X1 head to head? They are direct competitors and it actually gives you a better idea of how big each library is when you gauge them against each other. End of. If you don't like the way the thread is made or I should list games that "people will play" or whatever else you jotted about throughout the thread, make your own and you can make it exactly how you want it.

I don't like the way you word things. You are having sly condescending digs.

This thread as gone fine actually, a few people of course will try and discredit some of the titles for whatever reason - indie, jprg, no guns, etc- but it's a list of exclusives. You yourself downplayed the list many times, go back and read your comments, I'm not lying. You keep saying that the thread didn't go how I expected but you yourself contributed to derailing the main purpose of the thread. It's a list of exclusives. It was created to either show the PS4 has more or less exclusives than the X1. Why against X1? Explained already. When I was creating this I didn't know exactly how many exclusives the PS4 would have. Say if made a list and it had 40 exclusives and I say "hey people, PS4 has 40 exclusive". How do we know 40 is good or bad? I tell you how, gauge it against the competition. It's that simple. Has it turns out PS4 has 90 and X1 has 25. Take out the games that you think shouldn't be on the list and PS4 should still win but thats when the topic goes into that grey area of subjectiveness. That's what I'm avoiding. Right now the list is black and white. That's how it will stay.

Fact is we now have a how the PS4 stacks up in terms of exclusive games. Thread has served its purpose.

starcraft said:
Ninsect said:
starcraft said:

Whoa settle down mister.

Nothing I have said is even remotely insulting any individual - unless they want to make pretty fantastical leaps in order to feel insulted.

I contributed to no list wars from memory. Presumably you're referring to the thread I created that was linked earlier. Whilst some people did indeed come into it and start listing games, the OP itself was about the emerging disconnect between content and console sales - and to my recollection contained no lists.

"Nothing I have said is even remotely insulting any individual" Oh, sure, bob. You've insulted the creators of the games and the fans, including me. So you're automatically wrong there.

That's exactly my point. You decided to use your skewed image of PS4's and XB1's libraries to start a war instead of doing it objectively like this thread does. Now you're just making yourself look silly when you debate against a real list which shows that PS4 has MORE content. Plain and simple. There is no disconnect. The higher seller is getting more content. You just seem to be unable to see that.

Which creator did I insult?

I haven't offered one comment in this thread about which console has a better library? I think you're arguing against someone else and have gotten a bit confused - but I am happy to let it go

Now you're just avoiding my points. Great. Nice talking to you.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
starcraft said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't like the way you word things. You are having sly condescending digs.

This thread as gone fine actually, a few people of course will try and discredit some of the titles for whatever reason - indie, jprg, no guns, etc- but it's a list of exclusives. You yourself downplayed the list many times, go back and read your comments, I'm not lying. You keep saying that the thread didn't go how I expected but you yourself contributed to derailing the main purpose of the thread. It's a list of exclusives. It was created to either show the PS4 has more or less exclusives than the X1. Why against X1? Explained already. When I was creating this I didn't know exactly how many exclusives the PS4 would have. Say if made a list and it had 40 exclusives and I say "hey people, PS4 has 40 exclusive". How do we know 40 is good or bad? I tell you how, gauge it against the competition. It's that simple. Has it turns out PS4 has 90 and X1 has 25. Take out the games that you think shouldn't be on the list and PS4 should still win but thats when the topic goes into that grey area of subjectiveness. That's what I'm avoiding. Right now the list is black and white. That's how it will stay.

Fact is we now have a how the PS4 stacks up in terms of exclusive games. Thread has served its purpose.

You highlighted an apology and called it a dig

I am glad you're happy with the thread. I would suggest that the bolded should lead your thread in future, if that is indeed the aim.

Instead you led with "Ok let's finally put this to rest. Seeing to many "Sony hasn't got any games this year"," suggesting that you did indeed have a pretty good idea which and how many games you were going to include - and thats fine.

But it goes a long way to explaining why your thread has derailed from what you now say was its intention.

And, given what you actually wrote in the OP (as opposed to what you now say you meant), comments about the merits of lists wars to sway people's opinions are not entirely on topic.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Ninsect said:

Thought so. Didn't expect anything less.

You expected a stupid answer to a very stupid question? A winner is you.

No, I expected the hypocrisy. Just checking to see if you could acknowledge it.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
starcraft said:
Ninsect said:
starcraft said:

Whoa settle down mister.

Nothing I have said is even remotely insulting any individual - unless they want to make pretty fantastical leaps in order to feel insulted.

I contributed to no list wars from memory. Presumably you're referring to the thread I created that was linked earlier. Whilst some people did indeed come into it and start listing games, the OP itself was about the emerging disconnect between content and console sales - and to my recollection contained no lists.

"Nothing I have said is even remotely insulting any individual" Oh, sure, bob. You've insulted the creators of the games and the fans, including me. So you're automatically wrong there.

That's exactly my point. You decided to use your skewed image of PS4's and XB1's libraries to start a war instead of doing it objectively like this thread does. Now you're just making yourself look silly when you debate against a real list which shows that PS4 has MORE content. Plain and simple. There is no disconnect. The higher seller is getting more content. You just seem to be unable to see that.

Which creator did I insult?

I haven't offered one comment in this thread about which console has a better library? I think you're arguing against someone else and have gotten a bit confused - but I am happy to let it go

Now you're just avoiding my points. Great. Nice talking to you.

Er...rightio then?

starcraft said:

The bolded is a whole can of worms for another thread.

I am not saying that people shouldn't make lists. I am also not saying that when people make lists, they shouldn't make lists that include any and all games they want to include.

If someone already believes a console's success cannot be explained by the games on the system, they are hardly going to be convinced by a comprehensive list of games they have never heard of. Oreshika was by those few accounts I have heard of it, a pretty decent game. For every pretty decent low-key game, you're going to get a lot more not-at-all decent low-key games.

The last paragraph...I guess thats a matter of opinion? When someone says the PS4 has no games, I (and evidently a lot of others) view that as hyperpole indicating it does not have high profile games in any great quantity - given its self-evident that the console does in fact have games, being a gaming console.

TL:DR - If people think a console doesn't have many great games, creating a list of games they haven't heard of or are not great won't change their mind of behaviour - but simply perpetuate the pissing contest.

The reason they think it doesn't have many games is exactly because they are uninformed. Lists like these can help to inform them.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

SWORDF1SH said:

Ok let's finally put this to rest. Seeing to many "Sony hasn't got any games this year". I will put together a list of exclusive games for each console (PS4, X1) that have released, or scheduled to be released, in 2015. I do not know the outcome as I wrote this before getting the data. I know the list will contain mistakes so I need you all to help me out, tell me if games are wrongly listed. Make this the list to direct people too when the subject pops up again. I will try and keep it updated as new games are announced. Again help on keeping it updated will be appreciated

Ok here goes.

1st Party exclusives

PS4

1. Killstrain

X1

1. Halo 5: Guardians
  2. Forza 6

2nd/3rd Party Exclusives

PS4

1. Alienation
  2. Fat Princess Adventures
  3. The Tomorrow Children
  4. Until Dawn
  5. The Order: 1886
  6. Bloodborne
  7. Brawl
  8. Omega Quintet
  9. Hot Shots Golf
  10. N++
  11. VisionEck
  12. Guns Up!
  13. Deep Down
  14. Trans-Galactic Tounament
  15. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
  16. Rime
  17. Dragon Quest Heroes

X1

1. Funk of Titans
  2. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
  3. Slice Zombies for Kinect
  4. Azito x Tatsunoko Legends
  5.  Natsuki Chronicle
  6. Nero (visual novel)
  7. Raiden (need help clarifying this, should this be included on remakes/re-release section)
  8. Shooting Love Triology

Platform Exclusives

PS4

1. Hell Divers
  2. MLB '15
  3. J-Stars Victory VS
  4. Amplitude
  5. Godzilla: The Game
  6. Kodoku
  7. Pavilion
  8. Persona 5
  9. Super Exploding Zoo
  10. Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment Director's Cut
  11. Sword Art Online: Lost Song
  12. BigFest
  13. Samurai Warriors 4-II

X1

1. Screamride
  2. Happy Wars
  3. Cuphead
  4. Gigantic

Console Exclusive

PS4

1. Bombshell
  2. Broforce
  3. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
  4. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  5. Ironclad Tactics
  6. Apotheon
  7. Q*Bert Rebooted
  8. OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood
  9. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  10. Axiom Verge
  11. Titan Souls
  12. Broken Age: The Complete Adventure
  13. Nom Nom Galaxy
  14. Toren
  15. Tabletop Simulator
  16. Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
  17. Chasm
  18. Darkest Dungeon
  19. Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
  20. Distance
  21. Dragon Fin Soup
  22. Drifter
  23. Ether One
  24. Galak-Z: The Dimensional
  25. Guns of Icarus Online
  26. H-Hour: World's Elite
  27. Jamestown+
  28. Killing Floor 2
  29. Not a Hero
  30. Project Phoenix
  31. Relativity
  32. Rocket League
  33. Samurai Gunn
  34. Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition
  35. SOMA
  36. The Forest
  37. The Hum: Abudctions
  38. The Talos Principle
  39. Volume
  40. Enter the Gungeon
  41. Dungeon Defenders 2
  42. Orcs Must Die! Unchained
  43. Dragon's Dogma Online
  44. EverQuest Next
  45. Kingdon Under Fire II
  46. PlanetSide 2

X1

1. Pneuma: Breath of Life
  2. Bedlam
  3. Ori and the Blind Forest (Also on 360)

Timed

PS4

1. Hellblade
  2. Hallowpoint
  3. Gang Beasts
  4. The Witness
  5. No Man's Sky

X1

1. IDARB
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Superhot
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider