By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has done what Wii never could - hit 50% marketshare!

Funny to see some users complain , when last gen we had a thread every time Wii increased 0.1% .
Congrats to PS4. My prediction wasn't too far off.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179045&page=1

Around the Network

Congrats PS4. You are the only console that i'll own this gen.

NathObeaN said:
Ryudo said:
As a Wii U and PS4 owner I must ask why? It doesn't deserve it. I like my PS4 but it really doesn't offer much yet. Wii U is kicking ass in exclusives. Wii U deserves double the sales it gets.

Just because something sells well doesn't always mean it is better than the competition. Many people buy products over others, be it smartphones, cars, televisions etc and it isn't always because they are 'better'. A lot of it is to do with price, marketing, availability, recommendaitons, reviews etc.

Was a retorical question.

Burek said:
Ryudo said:
As a Wii U and PS4 owner I must ask why? It doesn't deserve it. I like my PS4 but it really doesn't offer much yet. Wii U is kicking ass in exclusives. Wii U deserves double the sales it gets.

But why do you own a PS4 if WiiU us kicking its ass in exclusives?

I collect in general,PS4 is collecting dust until Dragon Quest Heroes.

But but the holiday's....the 1st party games....globally in the US! 50+% market share is what happens when you're a global gaming brand and not just US & UK.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
But but the holiday's....the 1st party games....globally in the US! 50+% market share is what happens when you're a global gaming brand and not just US & UK.

What do you mean? Microsoft tried for 2 gens to break into the mainland European markets and Japan, and haven't done well. Its not Microsoft's fault for that.

Congrats, the better console sold the best what a surprise

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ryudo said:
Burek said:

But why do you own a PS4 if WiiU us kicking its ass in exclusives?

I collect in general,PS4 is collecting dust until Dragon Quest Heroes.

I still don't get why you feel the PS4 doesn't serve teh sales though. Is it because the games out on it 1st, 2nd and 3rd party don't appeal to you? I mean even as a collector in general why buy something if it is not worth it in your opinion? Unless you are saying it is worth it or was when you bought it which would then make your point of it not derseving the sales kind of silly...I don't know I am confusing myself now lol.

OT

Congrats to the PS4, I have not yet upgraded to next gen but soon enough I will!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Vodacixi said:
Amazing sales. Totally undeserved though.

Bloodborne itself turned out to be a major contributor for the early phase of the year. You weren't being serious there.

Ka-pi96 said:
Vodacixi said:
Ka-pi96 said:

PS4 has negatives, no wait 'major' negatives? Such as?

Such as having to pay for the online and poor and few exclusive titles.

Paying for online is standard, hardly a negative. There are plenty of brilliant exclusives for PS4, if you don't like them than that's your loss. But I can assure you there are plenty of people who do like them.

So these 'negatives' are only for you. To the majority of people they don't even exist...

Of course it's for me. Anyway, I don't give a shit if it's standard. If killing people became standard because whatever reason, would it be ok? Having to pay for the online is a pain in the ass, standard or not.

Moving to the exclusives... just no. It has some really mediocre new IPs... like Knack and The Order. And then some sequels that are vastly inferior to its predecessors like Killzone, Little Big Planet 3 or Infamous SS. I don't say they are bad, in fact they move between the "meh" and the "very good", but they're somehow disappointing and poor for the previous reasons. Bloodborne is the only thing that is actually brilliant. As for the others... just no.

And just in case you still don't get it: all of this is FOR ME. MY OPINION.