By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Don't u think Sony Managemet is sleeping.?

I mean every now and then i hear something abt XBOX.. getting some new game or price cut or some other information but for PS3 its been ages that any new games has been announced for it.. or it has got any XBOX higly successful exclusive... or recieved some new IP... only thing coming out from Sony camp is more screen shots and further delays of the game... Yes they did announce Motorstorm and Resistance but that was pretty much expected... Nothing to generate interest...

To me it seems like there developers are not getting able to get them free from some very old projects like HOME, LBP to start working on something new... and there management has gone off to sleep while their developer finish these task and try to think something else and they get to talk abt it...

Yes Sony is beating XBOX but we have to remember they are coming from the success of PS2 and they should be improving on it...  but seems like champions are getting satisfied on just passing the qualifying round of the tournament.... They r just winning europe.. getting very poor sales in Japan and badly beaten in NA... i was expecting Kaz to do something but so far .... So r they really satisfied with the current state when they might just pull ahead of XBOX after three yrs from launch.

Around the Network

your ability to spin things to the negative for Sony is almost comendable. You nix the recent sales victories over 360 by saying that it's nothing compared to PS2 days, and then you say "just winning in europe....badly beaten in NA" when all the latest trends show that the NA and EU differences between the consoles are practically equal. If you expect serious discussion after such a slanted discricption of the current state of things I think you're being overly optimistic.

Maybe Sony spilled their guts on most 2008 games a little to early (last year), still I´m sure there will still be some big anouncements this year, I still like the 360 lineup for this year more but thats because I don´t care for GTp and MGS4, but am a huge Fable fan,  concerning the last part of your post, yes the PS3 has no chance to re-do the PS2s success so in the end it will be seen as a failure even if it beats the 360, it just lost way to much marketshare...

hmm, you are right, Maybe we should start a petition and force Sony Managements to start writing game codes. After all, why can't we blame the managements for third-party delays?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Maybe youve been sleeping but ive heard alot of positive things regarding the ps3 as of late. The blu ray victory although down played by others is quite signifigant. Info on mgs4 release date and bundle, info on socom, motorstorm 2 trailer was shown today, God of war psp bundle, God of war 3 "coming soon." Sure, i wish sony would get their head out of the sand and lower the price, secure mgs4 as an exclusive forever, and pay SE off for a ff7 remake but theres good news if you know where to look.

Around the Network

Sorry Noobie, ur original post is BS

have u even heard about Motorstorm2 ?

or big meeting in UK for some exclusive presentation this week-end
(new Killzone2 trailer inside ?)

Time to Work !

Thats awesome :P Sony plans a major exclusive game for almost every Genre this year and people want more xD. I thought all the 360 fans got tired of the Sony fanboys lugging around that obscenely huge list of games coming out this year o.O;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The '08 exclusives as they are , are more than enough for a years worth. combined with multi-plats and the PS3's signifcantly more value to it's name.

I'd say Sony's management are pretty active , well they'd need to be to co-ordinate the release , promotion , implementation of Home , PS3's exclusives , In Game XMB , Developer Support , PSP projects aswell as many other well known and secret projects they've got going on.

I'd say they're pretty busy.

Sony doesn't announce anything new? Just over the past too months we've seen Resistance 2 unveiled, MotorStorm 2 unveiled, MGS4's release date, MGO beta for April, an MGS4 80gb bundle for all regions, a GT5P bundle and a Blu-Ray bundle for Europe, new Socom: Confrontation info (with more planned for the next EGM), a major Home beta update, among other things.

I don't quite see how that is nothing new. :|

makingmusic476 said:
Sony doesn't announce anything new? Just over the past too months we've seen Resistance 2 unveiled, MotorStorm 2 unveiled, MGS4's release date, MGO beta for April, an MGS4 80gb bundle for all regions, a GT5P bundle and a Blu-Ray bundle for Europe, new Socom: Confrontation info (with more planned for the next EGM), a major Home beta update, among other things.

I don't quite see how that is nothing new. :|

New as in new Ip's, these are only sequals.

mM