By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Don't u think Sony Managemet is sleeping.?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Knowing that the console generation win is just around the corner Sony management have every right to take it easy. MGS 4 release will see PS3 sell over 300k consoles weekly. PS3 could even reach 30 million consoles sold worlwide by 31/12/08
Are you kidding? Please tell me that's sarcasm. The console generation win is just around the corner for Sony? Try 2nd place win is around the corner. The PS3 has absolutely no chance of overtaking this generation from Nintendo and anyone who thinks differently obviously isn't using the tools this site provides and is just cruising the forums aimlessly.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Come on PS3 sales will boost dramatically with huge exclusive games being released this year including: GT Prologue 5 (5 million seller), GTA 4(8 million seller), Kill Zone 2 (5 million seller), Little Big Planet (4 million seller) and Resistance 2 (5 million seller).
*Totals in brackets are expected number of that game to be sold this year only on the PS3
Quite possible total PS3 console sales could be well over 25 and close to 30 million consoles worlwide.
27million or 28 million PS3 consoles worldwide by 31/12/08 will not be that far off.

Nintendo will never get to 50% market share for this generation. It will never, ever happen. The Wii can not keep up with demand and production is limited.

PS3 will overtake the XBox 360 in world wide console sales during December 2008.

Onyxmeth said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Knowing that the console generation win is just around the corner Sony management have every right to take it easy. MGS 4 release will see PS3 sell over 300k consoles weekly. PS3 could even reach 30 million consoles sold worlwide by 31/12/08
Are you kidding? Please tell me that's sarcasm. The console generation win is just around the corner for Sony? Try 2nd place win is around the corner. The PS3 has absolutely no chance of overtaking this generation from Nintendo and anyone who thinks differently obviously isn't using the tools this site provides and is just cruising the forums aimlessly.

And anyone who believes that obviously hasn't looked at the major titles coming up, and the bright future ahead of the PS3. Honestly, what good games does the Wii have coming to it? SSBB already came out, all that's left for this year is Mario Kart, the rest aren't any big deal.

Now I'm not saying the PS3 will, but it can, look at 360 fanboys, they thought their console would reign king over the PS3, sales numbers say otherwise. Anything can happen, the Wii and PS3 are only 16 months into their minimum 5 year life.

This is the same guy who complained that Sony didn't respond with a price cut in Europe after 360 did, and thought 360 would win last week.

XBox 360 is not a true competitor to the mighty PS3 its a no contest.
PS3 is planning on catching up to and passing the Nintendo Wii which is slowing down.

PS3 has the most console selling exclusives out this year with 10.
Wii has about 4 console selling exclusives out this year. XBox 360 only has two console selling exclusives out this year.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

Come on PS3 sales will boost dramatically with huge exclusive games being released this year including: GT Prologue 5 (5 million seller), GTA 4(8 million seller), Kill Zone 2 (5 million seller), Little Big Planet (4 million seller) and Resistance 2 (5 million seller).
*Totals in brackets are expected number of that game to be sold this year only on the PS3
Quite possible total PS3 console sales could be well over 25 and close to 30 million consoles worlwide.
27million or 28 million PS3 consoles worldwide by 31/12/08 will not be that far off.

Nintendo will never get to 50% market share for this generation. It will never, ever happen. The Wii can not keep up with demand and production is limited.

PS3 will overtake the XBox 360 in world wide console sales during December 2008.

Resistance 2=5 million? The original benefited from being the only heavy hitter in the PS3 launch window and for it's first few months and after all of that it's at 2.5 million. It enjoyed a very healthy attach rate to go along with that. Resistance will be directly competing with Killzone 2 and if the hype works on the latter, you can be rest assured it can take away from the former. There is also a heavier FPS market now, so PS3 owners will not have to scramble for the only FPS available like they did at launch. With this being an FPS, you're in addition looking at only two markets to sell it in because Japan will not eat this game up no matter how good it is. (This takes away nothing from the quality of the series, I'm just speaking sales)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue=5 million? Don't bet on it. GT Concept 2001 Tokyo sold 1.6 million in two regions and GT 4 Prologue sold 1.4 million in two regions. Considering how Others is as big a GT market as America, tack on an extra million for each and you'll have respectable numbers. This brings GT 5 Prologue to 2.5-2.7 million. Add on another 1.3 million for European bundles which is very generous and you have 4 million. You must understand that many people are aware that GT 5 Prologue is not GT 5 and will hold out till this Winter for the big daddy.

Killzone 2=5 million? The original sold roughly 2 million worldwide(VG Chartz has incomplete data for the game so I went elsewhere) and had a good portion of the same "Halo Killer" hype that this one does. Also expect Resistance 2 to cut into sales. I won't completely deny this claim however, because it could happen. It's the best prediction you've made out of any of them.

Little Big Planet=4 million? You must be out of your mind. Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Resistance and Lair all add up to about 4.8 million in sales and every one of those games have more mainstream appeal than Little Big Planet. If they combined can't crack 5 million I don't see how Little Big Planet is going to. That title, while awesome, is an original IP, very niche and will be lucky to hit 1.5 million without a bundle.

GTA 4=8 million? The best selling GTA game is San Andreas with almost 16 million so I can see this if half the sales go to the PS3 since I firmly believe too that GTA IV can match San Andreas between both platforms. I say it's slightly high, but within reach. I personally see a 60/40 360/PS3 split happening because GTA's biggest market is NA and 360 still has a wide margin of console owners in that region. Japan will be a non-issue becasue they don't buy GTA, so Sony's victory in that region will not help any. My prediction is 6 million.

Your 25-30 million consoles worldwide is seriously out there considering that you're speaking about PS2 numbers, and I'm not even sure PS2 got that high in a single year. Even the Wii can't make those numbers. How do you expect PS3 to gain so much ground in so little time?  

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Rock_on_2008 said:

PS3 will overtake the XBox 360 in world wide console sales during December 2008.

PS3 and 27 - 28 million.. r u sure u r predicint for December 2008.. because it look sensible for December 2009. Sony will start having supply problems well before to reach 27 - 28 million this yr. Come on even sensible Sony fanboys don't expect more than 22 million.

Username2324 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

And anyone who believes that obviously hasn't looked at the major titles coming up, and the bright future ahead of the PS3. Honestly, what good games does the Wii have coming to it? SSBB already came out, all that's left for this year is Mario Kart, the rest aren't any big deal.

Now I'm not saying the PS3 will, but it can, look at 360 fanboys, they thought their console would reign king over the PS3, sales numbers say otherwise. Anything can happen, the Wii and PS3 are only 16 months into their minimum 5 year life.

The difference between the Wii and the PS3 is simple. The PS3 needs good titles to sell the console. The Wii has consistently outsold both competitors in weeks where no titles of any importance were released on it. The Wii sells itself. The thing is, no one knows how popular the Wii really is because they still to this day can't get supply under control, so for all you know the Wii could be selling almost twice as much if they ramp up production. Obviously the still inflated eBay and craigslist prices for Wii's both new and used should tell you something. I firmly believe the PS3 will surpass the 360 and will probably beat it lifetime by 10-20 million, but the Wii is a whole other story. You're better off arguing whether the Wii will surpass the PS2, not the PS3. Even if the PS3 picks up steam, that doesn't mean the Wii will stop selling because their main targets are two different markets.

Also, shame on you for not remembering Wii Fit as a major player this year. As far as no other titles, speak to me after E3 when I guarantee you eat those words. You can put that in your sig as a reminder if you wish and we'll bring it back up in the Summer.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Can we have a bet on this that from 12th June 08 till the end of yr 2008 Sony PS3 hardware shipment will fall below 300k per week. i say it won't even manage to sustain 250k avg in August, September and October.

First of all sorry for resurrecting this dead thread, there are two reason

firstly i don't like to create new thread it create junks... and secondly sometime its good to look back and evaluate wot you said in the past and i don't mind being corrected.. but i thought after like 3 months that Sony management is indeed NOT sleeping...

They indeed went into a little quiet period and now after three months i have a lot better view abt them.. and they have improved a lot... so let me recount wot has made me change my view..

recently there was a news from one of the Sony manager that they will now not talk abt new products till they are not near to completion/release... and i think the slow activity period was due to that... and didn't want to talk abt until they don't have anything concrete and i think its the right decision.

secondly i see them putting lot of effort on the gaming again.. there are new RPG's announcement three or four within last month... they have announced few casual games and i see them putting lot of effort on PSN also... which is nice..

Then they recently said that they give lot of importance to third party developers and won't mind to reconsider their policy of not paying for exclusivity... and i see them getting some exlcusives from X360 like BioShock and Scared 2... which is indeed very encouraging..

Then they r atleast not making stupid claims and trying to be within themselves most of the time... i mean their 2008-09 estimates are also very conservative which i think is better then being revising down the estimates and they r trying hard to slash the manufacturing cost also...

But there r still few areas where i totally don't get them...

first is why no 80GB stock in abundance everywhere..?? come on it sells better and people want BC... so why not give it to them... and WHERE IS THE MGS4 BUNDLE...

Advertisement have improved a little but it is still too little and still have room for improvement..

and lastly i feel they r not innovating a lot... i mean like ninetendo release Wiifit... something new and innovative they definitely will make a replica of it... maybe a better replica of it but won't have the originality.. so i like to see them innovate a little... but i think its not very important thing....

So how u think ... has the things look a bit change to u at SCE head quarters..?