By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Splatoon will outsell Titanfall (XBO version)

Which game will sell more lifetime?

Splatoon (WU) 247 56.91%

Titanfall (XBO) 187 43.09%

Total:434
Ryng_Tolu said:
Angelv577 said:

My prediction is 700k-1k so I disagree but even if I am wrong, I doubt it will reach titanfall numbers.

At this point 700,000 is seriusly low.

The game have 147 point on COMG... usually, 1 point = 1k pre order, so, seem that Splatoon have nearly 150,000 pre order just in Japanand first week Splatoon is gonna to sell probabily between 120k and 180k, depend of the COMG track...

Splatoon have more point than games like XenoBlade, Pikmin 3, Mario 3DWorld, and other, the only games on WU that did better was Mario Bros U, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros.

After those games, Splatoon is the 4th game with better point on COMG. So, is gonna to be very huge in Japan first week.

At 90% the games on WU sell more in the US than in Japan, so, in the US can't be so bad, and in Europe too...

700,000 ONLY FIRST WEEK is possible IMO, i doubt will happen, but is not impossible.

I predict around 500,000 first week... any way yes, i know that the Titanfall numbers are huge, that's why i write "bold" in the title.

Well I would gladly eat crow but I prefer to stick with my prediction since its a new IP.  Like I said before, it might beat my prediction but I doubt it wil beat your prediction (2.5m).

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Angelv577 said:

My prediction is 700k-1k so I disagree but even if I am wrong, I doubt it will reach titanfall numbers.

The game have 147 point on COMG... usually, 1 point = 1k pre order, so, seem that Splatoon have nearly 150,000 pre order just in Japanand first week Splatoon is gonna to sell probabily between 120k and 180k, depend of the COMG track...

That isn't how COMG works. One point is one preorder at one store. 147 points could mean a launch of 80k, or 200k, or 150k, there's no way to calculate a hard number. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Mario Kart 8 have sold +5m in a console with under 10m istall base. 3DW have sold more than 4m. Smash nearly 4m, and have the 3DS version...

"Splatoon is not Mario Kart 8 / Smash / 3DW " of course, but is just some example of how well can sell some games on WU, even with the istall base.

Exactly, the context is that a non Megatons don't sell 3m on hardware barely over 10m,  so you'd have to take the stance that Splatoon is next a megaton release otherwise userbase does come into question. 

I don't think Splatoon will break those massive numbers of Mario Kart 8 or even 3DWorld, but is a fact that the Nintendo marketing with this game is massive.

Not even close with other example like XenoBlade, Bayonetta 2, ecc...

I think Splatoon will do a heavy Splat! in sales. $60 for a $30 worth of content, no voice chat and extremely limited local co-op. Add to that a mediocre score for a Nintendo exclusive, the hype will die before the weekend is over.
This game will fade away from the public eye by mid-summer

Ryng_Tolu said:

I don't think Splatoon will break those massive numbers of Mario Kart 8 or even 3DWorld, but is a fact that the Nintendo marketing with this game is massive.

And non of those games are even close to 2m. Reason why that seems a more realistic estimate :)

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Angelv577 said:

That isn't how COMG works. One point is one preorder at one store. 147 points could mean a launch of 80k, or 200k, or 150k, there's no way to calculate a hard number. 

I know what is COMG.

"usually 1 point = 1k pre order" because usually is this with the Nintendo games at least (i'm not so experct, ask to Tbone for more accurate analisis. :P )

Any way, as you said, can sell 80,000, like 200,000... we will see...

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

And non of those games are even close to 2m. Reason why that seems a more realistic estimate :)

Well, i have my opinion, you have your opinion. :P

At this point, i think is better expect what will happen... xD

Titanfall has sold tons digital. Hell it's been in sale for $12 a couple times.

MoHasanie said:
Nope. And I don't get why many people think Splatoon will do well...

Desperation

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm not sure Splatoon will sell 1m.