By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Splatoon will outsell Titanfall (XBO version)

Which game will sell more lifetime?

Splatoon (WU) 247 56.91%

Titanfall (XBO) 187 43.09%

Total:434
teigaga said:
JNK said:
very likely. Splatoon will sell over a big period of time (like mario kart is doing). there are several reasons for this.

-console bundle
-almost no competition (in terms of other games)

Nobody will get titanfall today on xbox one because there are like 10 other shooters already out. Gamers mostly want to have the most actual game. Nobody cares much about fifa 14 if fifa 15 is out.

Splatoon on the other hand wont have much competition. If COD wont return to the wii u, i think we wont see any other shooter after splatoon on wii u at all.

Thats all nice and dandy but how many Nintendo titles not featuring Mario have sold 1.5m let alone 3m?

Also this is Nintendo's first online focused game, with almost non existent local MP and a short single player campign

On wii u nintendoland did.

I guess EVERY bundles game that wasnt rated m sold more then 3 mio copies on wii u, right?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:
Wii U doesn't have the install base. I think 2 million would be a brilliant effort for Splatoon and it can definitely make that level of sales. But 2.5 million is probably a bridge too far. Withe re views coming in for Splatoon a metacritic of ~82 says great game with good sales for the install base it's selling to, but it's not the next big thing that a 90+ metascore would be suggesting.

Mario Kart 8 have sold +5m in a console with under 10m istall base. 3DW have sold more than 4m. Smash nearly 4m, and have the 3DS version...

"Splatoon is not Mario Kart 8 / Smash / 3DW " of course, but is just some example of how well can sell some games on WU, even with the istall base.

Mario, Mario, Mario and all his Nintendo friends. You can't look at those games and then extrapolate to a completely new IP with no established characters. The traditional Nintendo franchises are the only games that can possibly sell as well as they do on such a small install base.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't really know but I hope we will have those charts to know for sure, someday.

I voted TF.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
JNK said:
teigaga said:

Thats all nice and dandy but how many Nintendo titles not featuring Mario have sold 1.5m let alone 3m?

Also this is Nintendo's first online focused game, with almost non existent local MP and a short single player campign

On wii u nintendoland did.

I guess EVERY bundles game that wasnt rated m sold more then 3 mio copies on wii u, right?

Wii Party U did that too.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I dont see Splatoons selling more than 3million copies.. I voted No.

Around the Network

Since we're talking "Lifetime" you also have to take into consideration that the Titanfall 2 hype leading up to its release will potentially see a noticeable bump in sales, whenever that may be. The game will probably be selling for $10-20 then and you'll not only have the people re-buying it because they traded it in, but a significant increase in Xbox One owners that buy it for the first time in preparation of Titanfall 2.

I know everyone is gung-ho over Splatoon, but let's be realistic - it's a completely new IP, it's a shooter on a Nintendo console, and on a very troubled console with regards to install base.

binary solo said:

Mario, Mario, Mario and all his Nintendo friends. You can't look at those games and then extrapolate to a completely new IP with no established characters. The traditional Nintendo franchises are the only games that can possibly sell as well as they do on such a small install base.

Its not only mario as a IP who sells good its the overall appearacne of a game. Cartoonish graphics, a little casual, mainly focused on gameplay and alot fun.

There were many games on wii that sold as good as  mario ips

wii sports,wii sport resort, wii play, wii fit, Dust dance, hell wii party sold better as mario party.

As soon as we get the first sales of splaton you all will be very very surprised.

binary solo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:
Wii U doesn't have the install base. I think 2 million would be a brilliant effort for Splatoon and it can definitely make that level of sales. But 2.5 million is probably a bridge too far. Withe re views coming in for Splatoon a metacritic of ~82 says great game with good sales for the install base it's selling to, but it's not the next big thing that a 90+ metascore would be suggesting.

Mario Kart 8 have sold +5m in a console with under 10m istall base. 3DW have sold more than 4m. Smash nearly 4m, and have the 3DS version...

"Splatoon is not Mario Kart 8 / Smash / 3DW " of course, but is just some example of how well can sell some games on WU, even with the istall base.

Oh come on, is too easy say "Mario Mario Mario" The only thing that wee know, is that Splatoon will outsell by a huge margin Mario 3DWorld first week. We will see what will be the lifetime gap in Mario favor...

JRPGfan said:

The only two option are Splatoon and Titanfall, is impossible voted no.

Ryng_Tolu said:
JRPGfan said:

The only two option are Splatoon and Titanfall, is impossible voted no.

"Splatoon will outsell Titanfall"

NO = I voted titanfall :)