By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Splatoon will outsell Titanfall (XBO version)

Which game will sell more lifetime?

Splatoon (WU) 247 56.91%

Titanfall (XBO) 187 43.09%

Total:434

Splatoon sold out in Japan. :P

Around the Network

Nah don't think so.

LipeJJ said:
bananaking21 said:
hahahaha

ohh yeah... sure.

Wanna bet? :p

yes. on what? 

bananaking21 said:
LipeJJ said:

Wanna bet? :p

yes. on what? 

On Splatoon outselling the XB1 version of Titanfall by the end of next year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
bananaking21 said:

yes. on what? 

lol i know. i meant what does the bet entail? what does the winner get?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
LipeJJ said:

That is going to be interesting...

bananaking21 said:
LipeJJ said:

Oh, my bad, I got it wrong.

Well, what about... 1 month sig control? If you have a better idea, I'm okay with that. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ryng_Tolu said:
Splatoon sold out in Japan. :P

Splatoon beating Titanfall in Japan confirmed. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Yes it will because Nintendo has a business model around selling games throughout the lifespan of the console. Like Mario Kart is THE racer for the Wii U, Splatoon is THE shooter for the Wii U. Others will come but they will not reach the same relative importance as the 'it' titles for the Wii U. I expect 20-30% of console owners will own Splatoon

A media outlet said something that highlights Splatoon well, it's the shooter for people who don't like shooters much like Mario Kart doesn't necessarily appeal to racing fans in particular, in the long run I can see the game doing well if pushed but as that goes I even saw it advertised when I went to see Mad Max today which is a good sign, I don't think I've seen any other Wii U game marketed this hard.

They know they have a big void in their library as far as shooters goes and having an MK equivalent shooter each gen can go a long way.