By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Splatoon will outsell Titanfall (XBO version)

Which game will sell more lifetime?

Splatoon (WU) 247 56.91%

Titanfall (XBO) 187 43.09%

Total:434

Why does everybody think that any game Nintendo "properly markets" will be a huge seller. If that were true, then shareholders should demand they use their cash reserves to market EVERY game. Like, do you think that with "MK8 levels of marketing," Tipping Stars would sell 8 million lifetime, or what?

Around the Network
JNK said:
very likely. Splatoon will sell over a big period of time (like mario kart is doing). there are several reasons for this.

-console bundle
-almost no competition (in terms of other games)

Nobody will get titanfall today on xbox one because there are like 10 other shooters already out. Gamers mostly want to have the most actual game. Nobody cares much about fifa 14 if fifa 15 is out.

Splatoon on the other hand wont have much competition. If COD wont return to the wii u, i think we wont see any other shooter after splatoon on wii u at all.

This

chakkra said:
JNK said:
very likely. Splatoon will sell over a big period of time (like mario kart is doing). there are several reasons for this.

-console bundle
-almost no competition (in terms of other games)

Nobody will get titanfall today on xbox one because there are like 10 other shooters already out. Gamers mostly want to have the most actual game. Nobody cares much about fifa 14 if fifa 15 is out.

Splatoon on the other hand wont have much competition. If COD wont return to the wii u, i think we wont see any other shooter after splatoon on wii u at all.

This

Not a strength. More games, more options on other systems. Having only one choice in an entire genre for a generation is a weakness. Less Wii Us sold mean less Splatoon sold. The fact that other systems have new games in each genre constantly, while Nintendo doesn't, is why Wii U is flopping hard.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Cubedramirez said:
Yes it will because Nintendo has a business model around selling games throughout the lifespan of the console. Like Mario Kart is THE racer for the Wii U, Splatoon is THE shooter for the Wii U. Others will come but they will not reach the same relative importance as the 'it' titles for the Wii U. I expect 20-30% of console owners will own Splatoon

30% seem cray crazy!!!!!

If WU will sell 15,000,000, Splatoon will sell 4,500,000.
If WU will sell 16,000,000, Splatoon will sell 4,800,000.
If WU will sell 17,000,000, Splatoon will sell 5,100,000.
If WU will sell 18,000,000, Splatoon will sell 5,400,000.
If WU will sell 19,000,000, Splatoon will sell 5,700,000.
If WU will sell 20,000,000, Splatoon will sell 6,000,000.

ecc...

Even 20% seem too much... but who know.

I know it does but I am more than confident this title was built with legs in mind and it's going to be selling well throughout the entire console life cycle.

I'm not so crazy now uh?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

I'm not so crazy now eh?

You rekt those haters!

no

I'm going with splatoon! Never underestimate the power of Japan!

BUMP!!! Splatoon just pass 1 million.

MoHasanie said:
Nope. And I don't get why many people think Splatoon will do well...

You were saying :v