By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Opinion) This is the LAST Xbox...!!!

I completely agree. In fact, I think their new surface pro advances are more likely to take the place of a console, with tv casting for gaming.

Around the Network

Another potential legacy product. :/

theprof00 said:
I completely agree. In fact, I think their new surface pro advances are more likely to take the place of a console, with tv casting for gaming.

definitely not. Xbox is Microsoft's number one selling consumer electronic device. Surface (while a great device) is a complete niche product.

WoodenPints said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's a silly rule, considering that even though I don't know if any profit was made when all was said and done, sony's not going to stop making a biggest console brand of consoles, and given that it still managed to turn things around sell really well.

Depends on how well the PS5 does. If the PS5 manages to sell over 100 million units then a PS6 will be made. PC is huge still, as long as a lot of money is to be made on PS5/PC it will continue.

I think alot of Microsofts fanbase would turn to either PC and/or their mobile&tablet division rather than all shift to PS5, Who knows there might be more money in selling games that would of been Xbox only to the PC market exclusivily instead.

I still firmly believe if any of the console makers pull out next gen it will be all doom and gloom for the future of the game industry.

Because that's what happened when Sega left.. right?

The PS base can survive on it's own. If the PS4 sells over 100 million units, even if ti does PS3 numbers it will continue. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
WoodenPints said:

As in not making a profit means no future console, and I don't know how anyone can claim that Microsoft Isn't a strong brand.

I never said that was a rule? I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

I think they'll be another Xbox, but it's got the biggest chance of not being around next generation. Sony and Nintendo have confirmed another console. 
And Microsoft is only really relevant in the US and UK where it's loosing in both, AND not making money and doesn't have the global appeal to come back. Microsoft also can make lots of money with PC gaming and they're focusing a lot of Windows 10 as a gaming platform.

And that is just as big a reason for MS to be the one to leave the console market: they have an exit strategy.

-Nintendo can't leave bease this IS how they make their money

-Sony can't leave because they need the money and cloud gaming isn't ready for the mainstream yet

-MS can easily leave and publish all of their games on PC.  They are losing money from Xbox and the money being lost could easily be spent on more profitable divisions.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
tinfamous12 said:
theprof00 said:

definitely not. Xbox is Microsoft's number one selling consumer electronic device. Surface (while a great device) is a complete niche product.

That means nothing when MS is a SOFTWARE company.   That would be like saying Sony can't stop their Walkman streaming service because it is their most popular software.  WHO CARES?!  Sony is a hardware company.

Puppyroach said:
The X1 is ahead of 360 for the same timeframe at the moment. Besides, you are looking at XBox in a way that is the old viewpoint of XBox only being a home console. XBox is MS's gaming infrastructure which includes PC, tablets, smartphone and a dedicated device at home. Having all those devices is important to reach the maximum audience.

Yeah FYI MS just removed "Xbox" from their music apps.

No, I think there will be another next generation Xbox.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Azerth said:
So why did sony stop making consoles with the ps3 Or stop making tvs. Or why hasnt Nintendo stopped making consoles cuz of the wiiu

How do you know they haven't.  Are you sure you know what NX is?

Eddie_Raja said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I never said that was a rule? I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

I think they'll be another Xbox, but it's got the biggest chance of not being around next generation. Sony and Nintendo have confirmed another console. 
And Microsoft is only really relevant in the US and UK where it's loosing in both, AND not making money and doesn't have the global appeal to come back. Microsoft also can make lots of money with PC gaming and they're focusing a lot of Windows 10 as a gaming platform.

And that is just as big a reason for MS to be the one to leave the console market: they have an exit strategy.

-Nintendo can't leave bease this IS how they make their money

-Sony can't leave because they need the money and cloud gaming isn't ready for the mainstream yet

-MS can easily leave and publish all of their games on PC.  They are losing money from Xbox and the money being lost could easily be spent on more profitable divisions.

Basically what I was saying. They're the only ones that can leave and where leaving wouldn't be a bad idea. The other 2 has no reason to leave, PS4 is printing money and Nintendo aren't losing money.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'