By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Opinion) This is the LAST Xbox...!!!

There won't be a PS5 either. XBL and PS Now are the future. Nintendo will be the only ones left with a "traditional" console, and even that will be drastically different than what has come before it, erring more towards an all digital future than anything that has ever come before it.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
There won't be a PS5 either. XBL and PS Now are the future. Nintendo will be the only ones left with a "traditional" console, and even that will be drastically different than what has come before it, erring more towards an all digital future than anything that has ever come before it.

I hope not.  I rather have a digital only conole than ps now as astandard.

Landguy said:
Angelv577 said:

I think they are considering it but I am sure they wont leave the gaming industry. Minecraft acquisition IMO is proof of that.

Minecraft is actually proof of the idea.  Since MS bought it, they have launched it in almost every way possible in every OS or gaming system.  MS has changed dramatically with their new CEO.  They have embraced the idea that they want their products to be on every device, not just their own.  MS is launching thier Cortana digital assistant on IOS and Android.  MS is leaving the closed world business behind and going after all markets.

Sounds reasonable but I think the xb1 end result will dictate how to proceed in the future.  They still are in the wait and see approach. 

Azerth said:
So why did sony stop making consoles with the ps3 Or stop making tvs. Or why hasnt Nintendo stopped making consoles cuz of the wiiu

Sony turned this around, and they know how strong the PS brand is. and Nintendo is making profit.

Both things Microsoft can't say.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

spemanig said:

Sony have practically confirmed a PS5. (this was around last year) was said they don't know what form it'll be in but there will be something called PS5.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Do you have a proof that xbox one isn't making money

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Angelv577 said:
Landguy said:

Minecraft is actually proof of the idea.  Since MS bought it, they have launched it in almost every way possible in every OS or gaming system.  MS has changed dramatically with their new CEO.  They have embraced the idea that they want their products to be on every device, not just their own.  MS is launching thier Cortana digital assistant on IOS and Android.  MS is leaving the closed world business behind and going after all markets.

Sounds reasonable but I think the xb1 end result will dictate how to proceed in the future.  They still are in the wait and see approach. 

The problem with waiting is that in the meantime, they have to spend the BILLION + to develop the next console.  THey have to decide now, not later.  The benefit they do have if they wait, is that these consoles now are using many more "off the shelf" elements.  So, it may be possible to wait longer and pay extra later to develop the system faster...

It is near the end of the end....

ArchangelMadzz said:

Sony have practically confirmed a PS5. (this was around last year) was said they don't know what form it'll be in but there will be something called PS5.

It'll likely be a PS TV-like streaming box for the 3 people who don't have a Smart TV by 2025. I've mentioned that.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Azerth said:
So why did sony stop making consoles with the ps3 Or stop making tvs. Or why hasnt Nintendo stopped making consoles cuz of the wiiu

Sony turned this around, and they know how strong the PS brand is. and Nintendo is making profit.

Both things Microsoft can't say.

If we went by that rule PS4 would never of happened.

Landguy said:
Angelv577 said:

The problem with waiting is that in the meantime, they have to spend the BILLION + to develop the next console.  THey have to decide now, not later.  The benefit they do have if they wait, is that these consoles now are using many more "off the shelf" elements.  So, it may be possible to wait longer and pay extra later to develop the system faster...

Yeah that's true, I forgot that console's development take alot of time.  Anyway  kinda agree with you, it is just that I am not as  confident as you are.