By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Opinion) This is the LAST Xbox...!!!

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts on this from another thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft makes a deal with Sony or Nintendo to design the OS for their next gen console. That's basically why they're still making consoles. They want Windows in the living room. They don't need their own hardware to do that though.

In fact that's what Microsoft originally wanted before they entered the hardware market. They went to both Sony and Nintendo to make a deal where they would design the OS for the PS2/Gamecube but both companies turned them down. Microsoft even tried to buy Nintendo for this very purpose. Nintendo may still be stubborn about it but I think Sony would be more open to the idea.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I agree with you. MS knows the console industry isn't very profitable and would rather use Xbox's resources towards pc and mobile games.

Yes, that is essentially my point.  They can get the same Xbox Live and the same games, but make it available to everyone that has either a Windows 10 PC or a Xbox system.  Thus all of their ecosystem gets the benefit.

It is near the end of the end....

Knowing Microsoft they will buy steam and run the steam machines as a console variant whilst also having a PC department and then keeping mobile and tablet games into the Xbox Empire through Windows 10.

WoodenPints said:
Knowing Microsoft they will buy steam and run the steam machines as a console variant whilst also having a PC department and then keeping mobile and tablet games into the Xbox Empire through Windows 10.

lol... buying Valve, Valve is worth over 3 billion dollars and you know that being worth 3 billion will mean it will need to be bought for more.

I think they are considering it but I am sure they wont leave the gaming industry. Minecraft acquisition IMO is proof of that.

Around the Network

So, your idea is that they would drop the Xbox and start using the business model of the Steam Machines / 3DO? Because that business model worked really, really well.

Valve is just embarassing themselves. They will probably just soft launch it with zero fanfare just to avoid the bad PR when they get mopped on the floor by the competitors.

ikki5 said:
WoodenPints said:

lol... buying Valve, Valve is worth over 3 billion dollars and you know that being worth 3 billion will mean it will need to be bought for more.

I don't think they will do it, but you really, by any stretch of imagination, thinks that 3B is a sizeable ammount of money for MS? This is laughable for them. Just talking about reserves, they have over 90B.

no. just no.

there will be another xbox, playstation, and whatever wonky name nintendo decides to name their next console.

First they have to fail with Hololense.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Angelv577 said:

I think they are considering it but I am sure they wont leave the gaming industry. Minecraft acquisition IMO is proof of that.

Minecraft is actually proof of the idea.  Since MS bought it, they have launched it in almost every way possible in every OS or gaming system.  MS has changed dramatically with their new CEO.  They have embraced the idea that they want their products to be on every device, not just their own.  MS is launching thier Cortana digital assistant on IOS and Android.  MS is leaving the closed world business behind and going after all markets.

It is near the end of the end....