By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game System Made You A Gamer?

Even though the SNES had a big influence with street fighter, mortal kombat, mario kart, super soccer, som, everquest, etc... but in the end, the PC had a much bigger impact on me with all those great point and click adventures and later on LANs, online gaming, and all the great RPGs

Around the Network
Cyrus said:
Even though the SNES had a big influence with street fighter, mortal kombat, mario kart, super soccer, som, everquest, etc... but in the end, the PC had a much bigger impact on me with all those great point and click adventures and later on LANs, online gaming, and all the great RPGs

Yeah, fairly similar here, the NES started me on the path, PC's really took over after that though.

Commodore Amiga 500/Sega GameGear/Famicom Clone!

The GBA. The first videogames I played were very simple and I tended to play very little time to them. Ice Climbers, Adventure Island, Wario Land, Tetris... The most "hardcore" thing I played was Pokémon Gold.

Then GBA came out... and I started to play more complex games. Golden Sun, Metroid, Zelda, FFTA, KH: CoM... I started playing more often and I enjoyed games far more than before. We could say I grew up as a gamer in that part of my life more than ever. So yeah, GBA was the console that made me love and appreciate videogames.

PC with Age of Empires 2 made me a gamer. From then I wanted to have more games and play them. Not just a 5 minute thing on my parents phone and stuff.
DS with MK DS made me a console gamer.......although I never owned MK DS just borrowed after I tried it.
2012 was transition period.
2013 is when I stopped being casual and did not buy games based on packaging/tv ads and started following gaming in general.

Around the Network

Definitely the GBA.

Cloudman said:
This is kinda hard for me. The first system I played on was the NES, but I was still too young to play on it. I barely have any recollections with it. The genesis was the first one I official owned myself, and I found some favorite games, like Sonic and Puyo Puyo, but I only had 3 games on it. The SNES was when I started to get more games and played a lot more. So I`d probably say either SNES, or Genesis. Both got me on board to games, though from SNES on, I pretty much went Ninten primarily.

Damn...you and i have pretty much thr same story.

Had a NES, remember playing megaman, mario and some duck hunt. Oh and of course tetris! But i was young so its a bit hazzy. Most of my childhood was on Genissis and SNES playing sonic, mario world, street fighter and streets of rage.

Playstation 1 (my first gaming system)

shinsa said:
Cloudman said:
This is kinda hard for me. The first system I played on was the NES, but I was still too young to play on it. I barely have any recollections with it. The genesis was the first one I official owned myself, and I found some favorite games, like Sonic and Puyo Puyo, but I only had 3 games on it. The SNES was when I started to get more games and played a lot more. So I`d probably say either SNES, or Genesis. Both got me on board to games, though from SNES on, I pretty much went Ninten primarily.

Damn...you and i have pretty much thr same story.

Had a NES, remember playing megaman, mario and some duck hunt. Oh and of course tetris! But i was young so its a bit hazzy. Most of my childhood was on Genissis and SNES playing sonic, mario world, street fighter and streets of rage.

Haha, sounds like my story, but you enjoyed the NES and Genesis more than me. I only played Mario and Lolo as a kid, and Battletoads and Spinball on Genesis. I wish I had more games back then...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well I have a very foggy gaming history starting with the nes. I was very little and casual starting with it. A little more with the genesis. I was playing too many sports as a young pup so after some sonic spin ball etc. I quit playing games. I later got a n64 because my friends had one. After banjo Kazooie I sold it to get a ps1 and was glad I did. I think it made me a hard core casual. Many other systems followed why I would still consider myself a casual. Saturn, ps2, dreamcast, xbox and gc. When I bought my launch ps3 $600 I played for a bit then later moved out of my parents house. When I later bought a slim ps3 I somehow got hooked bad. a couple years later and around 1300 games on various systems I was hooked as a gamer and collector. Ps3 finally got me. I am in love with my fat ps3. Most sexy console ever! Something about being able to play ps1 through 3 gets me. Long live the fatty!

edit. I bought a launch x360 but was working/college so it sat in closet so it got sold. Didn't get much of a chance.