By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Vs. Third-Party Developers & Entitlement

160rmf said:
JRPGfan said:

thats abit rough.. but yeah honestly Nintendo doesnt seem to treat 3rd party the same way Sony or MS does.

I dont think most people would disagree, if I went on to say my perception is sony by far does the most for 3rd parties.... guess what? they have 3rd party.

That's because sony and ms are totally dependent from 3rd third party support. How do you think those systems would sell if there isn't FIFA COD and GTA?

Badly, but unless everyone becomes a PC gamer (never going to happen) they will always have a huge and fairly reliable market.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, I understand that but that doesn't mean that it is alright for them to sell gimped versions of games on Nintendo platform + charge a premium and expect it to sell well... If they want a game to even have a chance of selling on the wiiU, they have to give the owners the full game with all the DLC cause if they don't, then they broke any legs that the game had from the start. Now I am not saying that the game will sell on the wiiU the same amount as any other console but when you are releasing a game that is inferior in every way other than graphics that directly effects the enjoyment of the overall game such as missing content, then they are riding the nonsense train.

I get why they don't want to prioritize the wiiU version but that doesn't mean that it is okay to sell a gimped version. If they don't want to give the full version, then don't bother releasing it at all cause no one in their right mind would actually pay for a gimped version when they can easily get a fully featured version on 5 other platforms. I expect them to either release a game that is fully featured or don't release one at all and not in the gray area of half assing it while charging a full price. And Nintendo fans have every right to bitch about it

I actually agree with this some what, Injustice for example released full price and never got the DLC etc... and Mass Effect 3 cost more then the trilogy pack released in the same week. Bare in mind developers have been approaching Nintendo platforms in a similar comparable manner for a while now so eventually the fanbase becomes nurtured to be wary of third party games hence why most people on the platforms stick to first and second party games.

Captain_Yuri said:
Soundwave said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I think the issue with it the third party games is that other consoles are getting the "full" version with all the features where as the wiiU owners are getting the gimped version (not graphically but gameplay experience wise such as dlc and etc) so since that is the case, I think the wiiU owners have every right to whine and bash them.

Cause the thing is, if say Call of Duty had no DLC in all the other consoles and then came to the wiiU with no DLC, the I doubt anyone would whine or bash but when you have games on other consoles that have dlc/features that aren't on the wiiU but you are still expecting people to pay top dollar for it, then u are just riding the nonsense train. And the issue is that in terms of third party + wiiU, it is exactly like that hence why Nintendo fans don't support many third party games and it is fully justifiable as to why imo. There are of course exceptions to the rule but that is generally what has happened for most third party games

But with games like splatoon, everyone is getting the same version so when a game like splatoon doesn't have VC, while it sucks for anyone that wants VC, at the very least, everyone is getting a game that has the same experience hence why I think there is a lot less whining about it. Not to say that not having VC and stuff is a good thing but again, the main difference is that third party games = other consoles have all the content + far better optomized and etc  vs gimped + optomiozation issues on the wiiU + missing content like DLC where as Nintendo games = everyone on the wiiU getting the samething (obviously)

There is no reason for anyone to support a gimped version of anything. Why should wiiU owners pay a premium for less? There is no reason to when there are other games that are from Nintendo that offer the same version for everyone (obviously cause those games are exclusive)

Plenty of Nintendo fans support third party games. We just choose to buy them for our Playstation or XBox. 

There's no special cookie that we get for buying a third party game on a Nintendo console, and the online communities for PS/XBox titles on many of these games are just much larger than the ones Nintendo brings to the table to boot that even if the port was a good one, it's just kinda like "what's the point?". 

The fact that Nintendo has made technically inferior consoles for the past decade and has pretty much ruled out feature parity in most multiplats anyway, and the Wii U came 5-6 years after the PS3/360, you can't realistically expect third parties to prioritize a system with a user base of 0 that primarily fixates on Mario games versus the PS/XBox userbases of 80 million each that are proven to buy third party games in large numbers. 

Yes, I understand that but that doesn't mean that it is alright for them to sell gimped versions of games on Nintendo platform + charge a premium and expect it to sell well... If they want a game to even have a chance of selling on the wiiU, they have to give the owners the full game with all the DLC cause if they don't, then they broke any legs that the game had from the start. Now I am not saying that the game will sell on the wiiU the same amount as any other console but when you are releasing a game that is inferior in every way other than graphics that directly effects the enjoyment of the overall game such as missing content, then they are riding the nonsense train.

I get why they don't want to prioritize the wiiU version but that doesn't mean that it is okay to sell a gimped version. If they don't want to give the full version, then don't bother releasing it at all cause no one in their right mind would actually pay for a gimped version when they can easily get a fully featured version on 5 other platforms. I expect them to either release a game that is fully featured or don't release one at all and not in the gray area of half assing it while charging a full price. And Nintendo fans have every right to bitch about it

Third parties by and large aren't releasing any third party games on the system anyway (outside the LEGO/Skylanders/Disney stuff and the odd casualware title), so what's the problem then?

Isn't this company basically doing what you want? Rather than releasing a gimped version of the game, they're leaning towards not releasing the game after all, so again it's a non-issue. 

Since the video is 30 minutes long, I'll just go with my own view on 3rd parties. Personally, I don't mind missing on most 3rd party games, as most of them don't interest me, but it would be nice for more 3rd party games to come so it makes Ninten's consoles look more appealing to them. Ninten can't keep thriving on 1st party alone. Also, the 3rd party games I would buy sorta stopped coming to my console of choice after the Playstation, so... yeah...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think Soundwave is right, the majority of us Nintendo simply don't give a shit about mainstream 3rd party titles.

Games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Sports games simply don't appeal to me, I own a Wii U & 3DS so there is literally never any droughts when it comes to Nintendo published software, indies and niche Japanese games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

ok lets blame Nintendo instead.

Nintendo builds their system with only their first/second party games in mind.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
zorg1000 said:
I think Soundwave is right, the majority of us Nintendo simply don't give a shit about mainstream 3rd party titles.

Games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Sports games simply don't appeal to me, I own a Wii U & 3DS so there is literally never any droughts when it comes to Nintendo published software, indies and niche Japanese games.

Yes, Ninten needs more of that Japanese 3rd party love. Anyone with me...? ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Soundwave said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Soundwave said:

Plenty of Nintendo fans support third party games. We just choose to buy them for our Playstation or XBox. 

There's no special cookie that we get for buying a third party game on a Nintendo console, and the online communities for PS/XBox titles on many of these games are just much larger than the ones Nintendo brings to the table to boot that even if the port was a good one, it's just kinda like "what's the point?". 

The fact that Nintendo has made technically inferior consoles for the past decade and has pretty much ruled out feature parity in most multiplats anyway, and the Wii U came 5-6 years after the PS3/360, you can't realistically expect third parties to prioritize a system with a user base of 0 that primarily fixates on Mario games versus the PS/XBox userbases of 80 million each that are proven to buy third party games in large numbers. 

Third parties by and large aren't releasing any third party games on the system anyway (outside the LEGO/Skylanders/Disney stuff and the odd casualware title), so what's the problem then?

Isn't this company basically doing what you want? Rather than releasing a gimped version of the game, they're leaning towards not releasing the game after all, so again it's a non-issue. 

You do realize that this is about why Nintendo fans are bitching about third parties right? The thread is about Nintendo fans vs third parties afterall and my posts have explained why Nintendo fans may not like third parties and they have every right to... So I don't get what you are trying to say here

And the issue is that they shouldn't have done it in the first place. The fact that they released games with missing content and etc is nonsense. Now they aren't releasing anything which is fine since its a waste of money for almost everyone but the fact that they did and thought that they could get away with it is what the issue is and it left a pretty bad impression on many people.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

zorg1000 said:

That or the majority of "us" Nintendo fans also own a Playstation and/or XBox. 

I probably spend more money on Nintendo than anyone on this site and have been a Nintendo hardware owner since 1989, but I've also not been a "Nintendo-only" console consumer since the Super Nintendo days. 

If I had chosen to be "Nintendo only", I would have gone crazy during the N64 drought days or the given up on gaming with the Wii and all its casual shovelware. 

I love Nintendo, but there's no way in hell I'd only buy a Nintendo console. It wouldn't meet all my needs for gaming diversity. 

I can't see why Nintendo fans complained so much about not getting DLC on cod if they think it's a ripp-off anyway. Also ps usually got the shaft on several multiplats and still sold on par (even late ports were healthy), guess only Nintendo fans are smart enough to just buy 3rd party games that gives them special threatment. Thing is no 3rd party would ever see the Point of prioritizing the version that have 10x less sales than others.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."