By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 is a GREAT game.

sales2099 said:

And PS4 has no big games this holiday while Xbox has 3 + Tomb Raider. What's your point? Nm, best not answer and have this escalate.

The PS4 has plenty of games this Chirstmas but with the advantage of having 3 AAA games so far ... What's YOUR point? the Multiplats don't count so far as games on the XB1 because clearly multiplats don't count as PS4 games this Christmas.

This is how I see it:

Multiplats on the XB1 count for 10 months of the year but they don't count for 2 months of the year on the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Fantastic game! Not worth the full price ONLY because it's a short game with no replay value, but I loved everything else about the game.

With the negative feedback its been getting I'm certain the sequel will turn out to be amazing. It will do what Assassin's Creed 2 did for the first one.

V-r0cK said:
Fantastic game! Not worth the full price ONLY because it's a short game with no replay value, but I loved everything else about the game.

With the negative feedback its been getting I'm certain the sequel will turn out to be amazing. It will do what Assassin's Creed 2 did for the first one.

A very significant difference is that AC actually sold very well, despite its shortcomings.

The Order, on the other hand, disappointed both critically and commercially. I don't see Sony deciding to fund the sequel. If anything, their complete silence on the game for the past 3 months clearly shows what SCE thinks about the game and its future.

Burek said:
V-r0cK said:

A very significant difference is that AC actually sold very well, despite its shortcomings.

The Order, on the other hand, disappointed both critically and commercially. I don't see Sony deciding to fund the sequel. If anything, their complete silence on the game for the past 3 months clearly shows what SCE thinks about the game and its future.

Very true.

I just feel that AC1 and The Order both had the right formula but missed something critical (eventhough AC1 did sell very well regardless of the mediocre reviews).  And Ubisoft knew exactly how to fine tune it which made AC2 their best in the series (imo), so hopefully The Order can do the same.  I hope Sony can give Ready at Dawn a second chance. 

yep. i enjoy it more than the evil within and wolfestein 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Even with $9.99 price tag its still far from being good. Not to mention great.

Yes, yes, some people liked The Order. That does say nothing, every game is loved by someone, as crappy as it may be. But that doesn't mean there was a campaign against the game. It does mean people have different tastes. The Order lacked subsance in some areas, but that doesn't mean some people can't enjoy it. But some people enjoying it doesn't mean all reviewers are full of crap. It doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. With what goal? Against PS4? Look how Bloodborne turned out. I even said it back then, some of the conspiracy-against-Sony-believers was claiming there is already a lot of negativity around Bloodborne. I could dig up the post, if I would care more.

And The Order isn't among the worst games ever, it got a 63. There is a lot of crap that flows far below that, let's see - Rugby 15 got 19%: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/rugby-15
The Order is far above that.

So why all the outrage? Because the game got hyped before release - and it got hyped simply too much. and that is a problem in itself. I know why it was hyped that much - most people buy full price first week. Until the backlash of negativity hits the game gets sold a lot on hype. The hyping was intentional, to sell copies. The problem herein is, that such behaviour destroys the trust of the gamers over time. If people stop buying first week at full price, the gaming industry is in much more trouble as it is now. So it is a good thing to point out and criticize the game was overhyped. So that devs in the future try to be more careful.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Seriously? All it is is a very late tech demo, nothing more, nothing less.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

It is definitely now one of my annual replays. Such a fun game. I rarely keep a game permanently (probably 1 in 4 that I buy) but I love the cinematic and linear ones because they're just a blast to roll through again. I do it with Uncharted, Heavy Rain, and many more and I never understood why people would say they never go back to them. It's like revisiting a great film where you know what is going to happen it's the telling that makes it great and with games its even better because you're slightly altering the experience each time plus the inherent immersion of moving the story along yourself. The Order and Heavy Rain are two of the few games to make me sweat as I got so immersed in the action especially dodging the cars in Heavy Rain.

I am Iron Man

be careful is a sin to love The Order 1886, and you might get excluded from the cool kid this day