By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 is a GREAT game.

AbbathTheGrim said:
I believe this game was just ahead of it's time and misunderstood. Like one of those works that demand us to evolve a little bit as human beings to properly appreciate.

That would imply it did something new or exceptionally interesting.  It didn't.  This isn't Citizen Kane, a masterpiece snubbed by the Oscars for unconventional and unstylish techniques.  It's a game that did nothing other games hadn't done and was received lukewarmly.  Stop trying to dress it up like a misunderstood masterpiece.  If you like the game, play it and have fun.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

That would imply it did something new or exceptionally interesting.  It didn't.  This isn't Citizen Kane, a masterpiece snubbed by the Oscars for unconventional and unstylish techniques.  It's a game that did nothing other games hadn't done and was received lukewarmly.  Stop trying to dress it up like a misunderstood masterpiece.  If you like the game, play it and have fun.

Wow, sarcasm does go over some people's head.

I liked the way you ordered me not to do something. That was so cute.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Nuvendil said:

Wow, sarcasm does go over some people's head.

I liked the way you ordered me not to do something. That was so cute.

Well, I have learned never to take sarcasm for granted when discussing The Order :P .  I have seriously heard people say things not far from what you did.  My appologies.

But on the second point, that's my advice to anyone who gets too caught up in reviews.  I love Mount and Blade, but the game is not any higher than a 6.5 to 7 for a ton of reasons.  And that's being generous.  I wasn't trying to order around, just trying to make a point:  scores should never preclude having fun with a game.  Sorry if it came off otherwise (and for not catching the joke :P )

Nuvendil said:

Well, I have learned never to take sarcasm for granted when discussing The Order :P .  I have seriously heard people say things not far from what you did.  My appologies.

But on the second point, that's my advice to anyone who gets too caught up in reviews.  I love Mount and Blade, but the game is not any higher than a 6.5 to 7 for a ton of reasons.  And that's being generous.  I wasn't trying to order around, just trying to make a point:  scores should never preclude having fun with a game.  Sorry if it came off otherwise (and for not catching the joke :P )

No prob.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The Order is this generations Uncharted: Drakes Fourtune. It is a game that takes aspects of multiple diferent games, and polishes them to perfection. However, due to a lack of multiplayer or Co-op, it is looked at as second rate and a rip off.

I just hope Ready at Dawn gets a chance to make a sequal with Multiplayer and Co-op so they can get 9.5's and 10's while delivering the same exact game just like Naughty Dog did with U2. It is really sad that a solid 8 hour experince can not be enjoyed, and that people can not find the value in something based purely on the quality of its gameplay and story. I have played through it twice already, and it will be a game, that just like God of War or Uncharted, I will go back to every couple of years just to enjoy a does of high qauilty gaming and story telling.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I am a sony fan and hate to say it but the game suck big time.

KBG29 said:
The Order is this generations Uncharted: Drakes Fourtune. It is a game that takes aspects of multiple diferent games, and polishes them to perfection. However, due to a lack of multiplayer or Co-op, it is looked at as second rate and a rip off.

I just hope Ready at Dawn gets a chance to make a sequal with Multiplayer and Co-op so they can get 9.5's and 10's while delivering the same exact game just like Naughty Dog did with U2. It is really sad that a solid 8 hour experince can not be enjoyed, and that people can not find the value in something based purely on the quality of its gameplay and story. I have played through it twice already, and it will be a game, that just like God of War or Uncharted, I will go back to every couple of years just to enjoy a does of high qauilty gaming and story telling.

The only thing polished to perfection is graphics.

Sadly, that polishing took so much manpower that they left everything else half-baked and mediocre. This game doesn't deserve a sequel on any merit, and will certainly never get it.

I thought it was very average. I think it has massive potential though and in the right hands it could be amazing. Sony Santa Monica should do the sequel, i think they could turn it into something special.

Barozi said:
4-7 hours?

That's a huge time span. You must be pretty bad at estimating.

Lol that's what i thought. It took me 5 1/2 hours to finish, that's pretty poor.

lol