By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 '15: Our Muppet Bodies Weren't Ready

Is Your Body Ready?

Yes. 40 24.39%

No. 14 8.54%

Not my problem. 12 7.32%

I feel like a Purple Pikmin. 16 9.76%

Hey Bill, you're Fired. 23 14.02%

What's wrong with you? 8 4.88%

I'm about kickin' ass. 6 3.66%

I'm about takin' names. 3 1.83%

My body is Reggie. 42 25.61%

Total:164

Tough call between 2006 (Wii etc.) and 2014 with its Digital Event/Tourney/Treehouse triumvirate.

From the importance 2006 beats everything - but 2014 was the best Nintendo could do having no new console to announce or show.

Around the Network
Myak-04 said:

/in reference to new poll/ Would have chosen 2004 E3 if it were available... that Twilight Princess reveal still gives me gooseys T_T. Though last years E3 really was impressive. Hopefully a repeat in terms of quality for this year .

It's always nice to see you, Myak!

I was wondering when would someone mention that E3 with the Zelda reveal and Miyamoto appearing with the sword and shield

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If you can't get enough of Splatoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-asw9shvY&feature=youtu.be

The best Nintendo E3 was 2008. It was so bad that it was awesome in an Attack of the Killer Tomatoes sort of way. They need to bring Cammie back.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Watched 2 fully, last years and 2013's.  The 2011/12 one I only watched the 3DS reveal part.

My favorite was last years. There was a lot of variety and awesome fun stuff like the Reggie & Iwata fight. It was also generally fast paced.......though the Yoshi bit & Reggie at end could have been faster!

Around the Network

Started watching E3s in 2008, a year after returning to console gaming, and since then the best one was 2010. Last year's was also good with the treehouse, but Nintendo's announcements got diluted by that awesome Jan 2013 Nindendo Direct. That one spoiled us with projects way ahead of normal announcement times, which took a hit on the following E3s.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I've only actually watched 2 and comparing them both, I was definitely more impressed with the 2014 one. There were some great titles shown and it was just a blast to watch.  Plus, you can't go wrong with those Robot Chicken sketches.

amp316 said:
The best Nintendo E3 was 2008. It was so bad that it was awesome in an Attack of the Killer Tomatoes sort of way. They need to bring Cammie back.

I'll have to disagree. I get your point of something being so bad that you can't help but enjoy that terrible, horrible mess, but Nintendo's E3 2008 was beyond that point.

Cammie, WiiMusic with "Ravi", Reggie playing Wave Racer I mean Wii Sports Resort (ok, that was fun to watch. Embarrassing, but fun)...

No, sorry but just no.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Digital Event, last year, was awesome.
2006 was great, but i think last year's presentation beat it.

For me the best E3, like many others have said, was last year 2014. But for me it was because nintendo back in 2013 tried something new with a digital event and it wasent really that popular. For the most part it is because most people see this things at home and not at the press conference itself, so I understand the direction and reason behind it.
But then last year, with all the hate from the previous year, they still managed to have a greater E3 than the rest. The treehouse live was an instant hit that even MS is copying it this time, dont know about sony. They showed the best part of their games even if they had not many since third party ditched them and their creators coment on them. It was rehersed so we only saw the best trailers and jokes wich sometimes are a little underwhelming live on stage. It was short and sweet and the most of the content was shown in the treehouse and everithing with gameplay, NO CGI.
So yea, I loved it because nintendo improoved and solidifyed its new way of doing things and people responded positively and I just loved the new way things are going to be done. Who knows, maybe in a few years others will follow suit.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.