By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Congrats Ireland! First country to recognize Same Sex Marriage by Pop Vote!

When the hell does marriage have anything to do with having a family? Couples that never marry can have a family and it does not make it any less legitimate than a married family (Whether A same sex couple or opposite sex couple).

Around the Network
TheFallen said:
When the hell does marriage have anything to do with having a family? Couples that never marry can have a family and it does not make it any less legitimate than a married family (Whether A same sex couple or opposite sex couple).

Or be like myself and my wife, married 5 years almost and don't have kids. Our marriage vows never said we promise to pop out some kids as a part of our union. Think a lot of people who want to "protect" marriage should probably at least understand what it is first heh.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
TheFallen said:

Or be like myself and my wife, married 5 years almost and don't have kids. Our marriage vows never said we promise to pop out some kids as a part of our union. Think a lot of people who want to "protect" marriage should probably at least understand what it is first heh.

Actually Marriage is there to reproduce ( at least marriage with a catholic church ) only time it is not is in the 10% of couples which are unable to have children together. No judging though, it's probably one of the stupidest laws the curch has.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
ganoncrotch said:

Actually Marriage is there to reproduce ( at least marriage with a catholic church ) only time it is not is in the 10% of couples which are unable to have children together. No judging though, it's probably one of the stupidest laws the curch has.

Really tho... even in Catholic marriage vows, there is no vow to have kids.

Not sure if the 10% of couples you mean same sex marriage couples btw or if you mean down to medical reasons?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Really tho... even in Catholic marriage vows, there is no vow to have kids.

Not sure if the 10% of couples you mean same sex marriage couples btw or if you mean down to medical reasons?

I was referring to medical reasons and yes the church while not directly does stipulate that marriage is there to reproduce and hence have a child. It's stupid I know and the only other rule which may be stupider is that you can't lie even in life and death situations.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Good. In 50 years people are going to look back on this and it will look as strange as when it was illegal for whites and non-whites to marry. Bigotry hides amongst a million different excuses for sure.

Frank_kc said:

Not trying to disrespect you, but this is none sense. How could gay couples form a family when they can’t have children? Being gay is against human nature and this is reality. Men and women together is the natural instinct of human beings, while Gay marriage is an atrocious and obscene act which belongs to unsound nature. Marriage does not mean sexual enjoyment only but also the establishment of a family on hygienic and safe foundations.

Human rights should not be extended to include human destruction and diverting from the human nature and the principles on which this universe was created.

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the argument that is going to ultimately cause a federal gay marriage ban in the US to fail.  One of the lawyers wanting a ban to be enforced, attempted this pathetic argument w/ Ruth Bader Ginsberg, who immediately fired back with...what about two old people in their 60's+ who found each other late in life, and just want to be married?  Are they then not allowed to be married, because they can't have children?  

Mr.Playstation said:
ganoncrotch said:

I certainly hope Catholics and their representatives in court understand that if they succeed in defining marriage under such a narrow minded umbrella (In the current SCOTUS case) it will immediately be followed by lawsuits suing the federal government for establishing laws respecting a religion.  The ultimate outcome would be the removal of all language in the Constitution, Tax Code, Immigration Code, Next of Kin, Medical Benefits, Insurance etc... regarding marriage.  Imagine how pleased everyone in the US would be, to have to get civil union certificates to qualify for the rights and responsibilities currently associated w/ marriage, but denied gay couples.  While it would be a pain in the ass for many people, the public PR backlash these institutions would suffer would be glorious.

^^ Great point Mornelithe, not to mention there are also marriages where sex is impossible due to medical reasons, but they love each other and want to be a part of their own 'family' in the way they see fit.

In fact, I'd say in many marriages sex quickly has little to do with anything, lol. *da ding ding boosh!*

Arkaign said:
^^ Great point Mornelithe, not to mention there are also marriages where sex is impossible due to medical reasons, but they love each other and want to be a part of their own 'family' in the way they see fit.

In fact, I'd say in many marriages sex quickly has little to do with anything, lol. *da ding ding boosh!*

While I agree with you and Mornelithe this really shouldn't change into a thread debating are gays against nature/god, my country has been debating that back and forth for the last number of months and this thread is about the fact that Irelands population went to vote on how we felt on the matter and went as the first nation of people to vote for marriage equality in our state.

Da debates over for us for now thankfully :) LGBT couples have every right to marriage that Hetrosexual couples do here.

Really really hope the message of Irelands changed population from the old fashion view spreads to couples around the world who might already be married but now know that Ireland is a welcome place for them to visit or for people who might have immagrated away from 80s Ireland now know that their home has changed for the better.