By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 the "World's Most Powerful Console" According to New Sony Ad

Arcturus said:
shikamaru317 said:
Valve probably wouldn't agree, there are available Steam Machines that blow PS4 out of the water. But of course you get into the debates about rather an open platform can be a console, even if it is in a small form factor that sits under your tv.

Are any Steam Machines on the market yet?

http://www.alienware.com/landings/alpha/ They dropped Valve and released it on thier own

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Valve probably wouldn't agree, there are available Steam Machines that blow PS4 out of the water. But of course you get into the debates about rather an open platform can be a console, even if it is in a small form factor that sits under your tv.

Except those are just small form factor PCs. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

It's marketing 101... If we start analyzing every ad in the world to see if something is wrong or, worse, pretentious in it, we're not done yet.

Hynad said:
d21lewis said:

I purchased mine because of the PlayStation legacy and because I was hyped for Vita remote play.  I own a few games.  About seven or eight, I think.  I felt that the good games would come-- the "Next gen" games.  On PS4, the only games I own that agent also available on PS3 are The Order and infamous.  Both were underwhelming ( but The Order did show of the next gen graphics power I was looking for).  The rest of the PS4 library just didn't speak to me.  I mean, there are great games like Bloodborne but it's a great game in a gene I don't like.  

I still don't regret the purchase but I'm not exactly in love with the PS4, yet.

I remember back during the 7th gen, it was roughly two years into it when I finally made the plunge and get a PS3. Before that, I felt the game library for the system didn't warrant a [hasty] purchase. But after I did, for some reason, the pace kicked in and great games after great games were released. Just

I think it's normal for a generation to start a little slow, as developers are still getting used to the new hardware, and many of them released games for the prior generation up to the very end of it. So, even though I don't yet own a PS4 for the same reason I didn't own a PS3 for its first two years, I'm not worried at all that great games will eventually start coming out at a good pace. And unless I end up having a crapload of money to spend for no reason, that's when I will get myself a PS4. In the mean time, my Wii U and PC are giving me what I need. 

And for the most part, you're right. I remember when I got my PS2. For roughly a year, it was a DVD player except for rounds of NBA Street.  If I didn't have a Dreamcast, I would have hung myself.  Then one day, the floodgates opened and suddenly, there were more games than I could ever hope to play! Ico, DMC, Jak and Daxter, Kinetica, FFX, THPS3, MGS2--you get the idea.  I didn't have to buy games in genres I didn't like (like I did with Red Faction or NBA Street).  There were just great games all across the board!

Same thing happened for all consoles last gen, too.  I'm hyped for Batman (preorder paid off!) but it seems like it's taking extra long this time.  It will happen though, right?  With heavy hitters like Konami and Capcom faltering lately, I'm a little nervous.

I mean, that is a fact...

Around the Network

Best console and soon in the next year and 2 years, one of the best library of games that ever graced the human race. You go Sony, don't stop now.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

sad but true

its still a very weak console
but hey. at least the most powerfull, of all the weak consoles...

Even though it doesn't really mean much it does sound awesome to have "the most powerful console ever."

And I don't even think the next Nintendo system will be more powerful than the PS4.

I hope it is, but Nintendo is playing a weird game with their consoles lately

Did PS3 have such marketing?

This just seems "kick in the pants". I mean its true, but there's a little something called class, Sony. Your approaching 2006 levels of smug, and all I can say is, what goes around comes around.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.