By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 the "World's Most Powerful Console" According to New Sony Ad

Mr Puggsly said:
GameMasterPC said:
Well Mr Puggsly PS4 exclusives are selling relatively around as well as XB1 exclusives compared to their userbases. And also, Sony has yet to release any of their major IP's on PS4, while MS already has Forza Motorsport 5 on XB1, which was outsold by 2 PS4 exclusives and TLOU: R. Halo: MCC didn't fair much better.

Thats the thing. PS4 has a much larger userbase yet its exclusives sell at par with X1. If the PS4 exclusives were what PS4 owners actually want they would be doing better. Sony needs to step it up, thats all Im saying.

Im not sure how many times I can repeat the same thing before some of you get it.

I didn't say they sell on par lol. I said they sell similar numbers compared to their userbases, which means that both have exclusives which are bought by the same proportion of the userbase which they sell to. Just look at their sales numbers.

What that means is that XB1 exclusives have the same appeal or quality compared to PS4 exclusives, which is contrary to what your previous statement meant.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:

I didn't say they sell on par lol. I said they sell similar numbers compared to their userbases, which means that both have exclusives which are bought by the same proportion of the userbase which they sell to. Just look at their sales numbers.

What that means is that XB1 exclusives have the same appeal or quality compared to PS4 exclusives, which is contrary to what your previous statement meant.

I disagree, I believe X1 exclusives have more appeal but are available to smaller audience.

Hence, the same X1 exclusives would sell better on PS4 AND surely better than PS4's current exclusives. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
GameMasterPC said:

I disagree, I believe X1 exclusives have more appeal but are available to smaller audience.

Hence, the same X1 exclusives would sell better on PS4 AND surely better than PS4's current exclusives. But hey, that's just my opinion.

It's scary that you fail to understand this: Halo and Forza are Microsoft's number 1 and 3 biggest franchises respectively and you're comparing them with Infamous and Killzone that have a history of not selling huge numbers. You really can't see the difference?

13. inFAMOUS: Second Son 2014 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.03 0.75 0.07 0.38 2.23
14. Killzone: Shadow Fall 2013 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 0.83 1.12 0.07 0.21 2.23

8. Halo: The Master Chief Collection 2014 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.25 0.69 0.01 0.11 2.06
9. Forza Motorsport 5 2013 Racing Microsoft Game Studios 1.11 0.70 0.01 0.14 1.96

Can I expect to see you again in 2016 claiming that PS exclusives are disappointing because of their sales when installments in 3 of Sony's biggest IPs are going to release together with Street Fighter V, the new IPs from Guerrilla Games, Bend, Media Molecule, etc. and the prominent exclusive JRPGs from Level-5, Atlus, Square Enix, etc?

1 Gran Turismo (installment in 2016)

2 Uncharted (installment in 2016)

3 The Last of Us

4 God of War

5 Ratchet & Clank (installment in 2016)

Mike_L said:
Mr Puggsly said:
GameMasterPC said:

It's scary that you fail to understand this: Halo and Forza are Microsoft's number 1 and 3 biggest franchises respectively and you're comparing them with Infamous and Killzone that have a history of not selling huge numbers. You really can't see the difference?

13. inFAMOUS: Second Son 2014 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.03 0.75 0.07 0.38 2.23
14. Killzone: Shadow Fall 2013 Action Sony omputer Entertainment 0.83 1.12 0.07 0.21 2.23

8. Halo: The Master Chief Collection 2014 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.25 0.69 0.01 0.11 2.06
9. Forza Motorsport 5 2013 Racing Microsoft Game Studios 1.11 0.70 0.01 0.14 1.96

You're confusing Halo:MCC with a new major release of Halo. Hence, MCC isn't expected to do mega numbers because its mostly old content.

Bundling excluded, Forza sales are at par with the Infamous and Killzone series. You're exagerating its success for your argument. Games like Gears and Fable have been more successful than Forza.

Anyhow, you missed my point entirely. I'm saying if the PS4 exclusives were better they would be selling significantly better than X1 exclusives. PS4 owners would love to have games like Titanfall, Halo:MCC, Killer Instinct and Forza Horizon 2. All of those games would be very popular on PS4. I'm flat out saying X1 exclusives appeal to PS4 owners more than PS4's current exclusives.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Mike_L said:

14. Killzone: Shadow Fall 2013 Action Sony omputer Entertainment 0.83 1.12 0.07 0.21 2.23

You're confusing Halo:MCC with a new major release of Halo. Hence, MCC isn't expected to do mega numbers because its mostly old content.

Bundling excluded, Forza sales are at par with the Infamous and Killzone series. You're exagerating its success for your argument. Games like Gears and Fable have been more successful than Forza.

Anyhow, you missed my point entirely. I'm saying if the PS4 exclusives were better they would be selling significantly better than X1 exclusives. PS4 owners would love to have games like Titanfall, Halo:MCC, Killer Instinct and Forza Horizon 2. All of those games would be very popular on PS4. I'm flat out saying X1 exclusives appeal to PS4 owners more than PS4's current exclusives.

Underlined: Sigh... That's why I said "Microsoft's number 1 and 3 biggest franchises respectively". Fable is definitely smaller than Forza. Just look at sales and current attention.

Bolded: And you missed my point entirely. I'm saying that Halo, Gears and Forza are bigger franchises than Killzone and Infamous. Wait for Gran Turismo, Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, etc.

Let's agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Underlined: Sigh... That's why I said "Microsoft's number 1 and 3 biggest franchises respectively". Fable is definitely smaller than Forza. Just look at sales and current attention.

Bolded: And you missed my point entirely. I'm saying that Halo, Gears and Forza are bigger franchises than Killzone and Infamous. Wait for Gran Turismo, Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, etc.

Let's agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

There hasn't been a major Fable game since Fable III and that sold very well. Forza games probably sell 2 - 3 at best without mass bundling.

I don't think Forza is a bigger series than Killzone and Infamous. But I do think Forza games easier and cheaper to make given their use of recycled content. Driveclub could have been as big as Forza or bigger if they didn't drop the ball.

We're waiting for old IPs to save PS4's underwhelming exclusive lineup. But their quality control of the current PS4 exclusives should have been better or gone a different direction.

Again, you missed the point. You're looking to the future of PS4, I'm pointing out X1 exclusives are stronger than PS4 exclusvies right now. I'm not certain it will always be that way.

Recently Completed