By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 the "World's Most Powerful Console" According to New Sony Ad

In pure performance, yes.
Still a shame the PS3's CPU outperforms the PS4's.

Around the Network

Well it is true, PS4 is the most powerful console made. That's a fact. I don't know what's there to discuss or argue about it.

If Carlsberg made game consoles they would probably be the best consoles in the world.

Until the Steam box comes out in November...

Mr Puggsly said:
maverick40 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I'm looking forward to Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and Forza 6. So... no...

Its gonna be two years in and I'm still waiting for Sony to give me reasons to get a PS4. I have the money for a PS4, I want to give it to Sony, now they just need to deliver the games.

Well it is all down to opinon so no...

What is fact is the PS4 is destroying the Xbox One in sales and consumers prefere it over the Xbox one even though it is a lot cheaper. 

Go figure

The fact is people are buying PS4 but not for the exclusives. That's what I am waiting for, notable exclusives.

The PS4 has done a fantastic job to appealing to consumers with weak 1st party games. Kudos to Sony.

Here is what I'm looking forward towards on the PS4:

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection 

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

BloodBorne

Samurai Warriors 4

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends, Complete Edition

Little Big Planet 3

Assassin's Creed Unity

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Dragon Age Inquisition

The Evil Within

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

The Last of Us Remastered

Killzone: Shadow Fall

inFAMOUS: Second Son

inFamous First Light

Knack

Thief

NAtURAL DOCtRINE

Omega Quintet

Dragon Quest Heroes

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

And that's not counting the indies. The above is a good mix of 1st party, PS4 3rd party exclusives, and multi-platform games.  This is the appeal of the PS4.  But more in line with the topic at hand, being the most powerful console allows for the more visually impressive multi-platform console version.  So even for just the
multi-platform offering makes it in general the better buy.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Quanity isn't the issue for Sony's 1st party games thus far, its the quality. Don't we expect better from the company known for making the best exclusives? :-p

Anyhow, I'm sure Sony will get it together eventually. But man, its rather disappointing thus far.

Again man, MS hasn't done much better in quality (so far) than Sony. Halo MCC was a disaster, Driveclub once fixed is on par with Forza (and GT will crush it). LBP > Project Spark. TLOU pretty much has a better score than any XB1 game so far.... 

If you want to rag on Sony for Quality -- you need to be objective and rag on both.

I would like better from MS as well, but they're atleast delivering games I'm very much enjoying.

Driveclub isn't at par with Forza. Its not awful, its just an inferior game. Project Cars is now the best racer on PS4.

If you're into the designing your game genre, Project Spark is probably more appealing. Who knows, its probably more popular than LBP at the moment.

Yeah, MCC was a disaster early on for the multiplayer, but has been working great for months now. Also, that's a game people are going to play throughout the generation. Most games are disposable in comparison.

I already played TLOU on PS3. Don't want a PS4 to play that again. Atleast Halo:MCC offers experiences I wasn't already getting on 360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LivingMetal said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The fact is people are buying PS4 but not for the exclusives. That's what I am waiting for, notable exclusives.

The PS4 has done a fantastic job to appealing to consumers with weak 1st party games. Kudos to Sony.

---

And that's not counting the indies. The above is a good mix of 1st party, PS4 3rd party exclusives, and multi-platform games.  This is the appeal of the PS4.  But more in line with the topic at hand, being the most powerful console allows for the more visually impressive multi-platform console version.  So even for just the

Yeah, you're arguing my point.

Some have argued PS4 is worth getting for exclusives. I'd argue the best it has going for it is multiplats being a little more polished.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Quanity isn't the issue for Sony's 1st party games thus far, its the quality. Don't we expect better from the company known for making the best exclusives? :-p

Anyhow, I'm sure Sony will get it together eventually. But man, its rather disappointing thus far.

Again man, MS hasn't done much better in quality (so far) than Sony. Halo MCC was a disaster, Driveclub once fixed is on par with Forza (and GT will crush it). LBP > Project Spark. TLOU pretty much has a better score than any XB1 game so far.... 

If you want to rag on Sony for Quality -- you need to be objective and rag on both.

I would like better from MS as well, but they're atleast delivering games I'm very much enjoying.

Driveclub isn't at par with Forza. Its not awful, its just an inferior game. Project Cars is now the best racer on PS4.

If you're into the designing your game genre, Project Spark is probably more appealing. Who knows, its probably more popular than LBP at the moment.

Yeah, MCC was a disaster early on for the multiplayer, but has been working great for months now. Also, that's a game people are going to play throughout the generation. Most games are disposable in comparison.

I already played TLOU on PS3. Don't want a PS4 to play that again. Atleast Halo:MCC offers experiences I wasn't already getting on 360.

All racing games are simply filler until the next GT or Mario Kart come out. And considering Mario Kart only does one per console, it's safe to assume GT is next. 

I honestly don't know much about either "design your own game" gam,  but what I do know puts Project Spark ahead (but still a ways behind Minecraft, king of the "build it" genre).

Both TLOU:R and MCC are disqualified as last-gen.

I find both of your lack of faith in Bloodborne disturbing, fellas. It's the only exclusive that PC gamers desperately want, which is surely a sign. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Mr Puggsly said:
LivingMetal said:
Mr Puggsly said:

---

Some have argued PS4 is worth getting for exclusives. I'd argue the best it has going for it is multiplats being a little more polished.

I'd say it's got it all because it's got the games regardless of party.

LivingMetal said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'd say it's got it all because it's got the games regardless of party.

When the 1st party gets better I'll agree. As of right now I can't justify any need for a PS4 until that changes. Its a fine platform regardless.

Its my second most desired console. That's pretty good!

Recently Completed