By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 the "World's Most Powerful Console" According to New Sony Ad

Honesty in advertising. What a novel concept.

Of course, they aren't lying.

But at this stage of the hardware generation, advertising should be focusing on the games and the upcoming line up.

Focusing on the hardware instead seems to be an acknowledgement that the 2015 software line up has been a bit deficient, with third party games holding the line.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Mike_L said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Remember when Sony was credited for making great new IPs? Now we just wait for their sequels I guess and excuse mediocre new IPs.

Gee x} Now you're just grasping man. You asked for the best selling games.. How the hell would I know which unreleased new IPs are gonna sell gangbusters?

Sony are still known and credited for making a lot of great new IPs and where some sell great (e.g. The Last os Us and Bloodborne) others don't (e.g. Tearaway and Puppeteer). But that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with quality.

Many new IPs on the way as well (e.g. Until Dawn and Horizon) but how would I know which ones turn out great and bestselling? What is your point really?

Some of the new IPs could have sold better if they were actually good.

Games like Tear Away and Puppeteer are niche, nobody expected big numbers.

Then there are games likeThe Order. That had the potential to be Sony's answer to Gears of War and it should have been. But they instead went to a more story driven direction and its being ignored. Now its being treated as Sony's answer to Ryse, which is a weird direction to go.

So.. You're concluding that Sony isn't known for making great new IPs anymore based on 1 game, The Order 1886?

That Gears of War is a better game than The Order have more to do with the games' designers. Cliff Blezinski is simply just a more talented dev than Ru Weerasuriya. At least he focuses more on gameplay than story.

Mike_L said:

So.. You're concluding that Sony isn't known for making great new IPs anymore based on 1 game, The Order 1886?

That Gears of War is a better game than The Order have more to do with the games' designers. Cliff Blezinski is simply just a more talented dev than Ru Weerasuriya. At least he focuses more on gameplay than story.

No, their other new IPs were also underwhelming.

I don't need excuses for The Order. I'm just gonna wait until they get 1st party games I actually care about. Again, I think that'll be 2016.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mr Puggsly said:
Mike_L said:

No, their other new IPs were also underwhelming.

I don't need excuses for The Order. I'm just gonna wait until they get 1st party games I actually care about. Again, I think that'll be 2016.

That sounds like a good idea to be honest :)

Around the Network

Well Sony does have the most powerful console right now. It's only insecure folks who don't like them that will try to say anything to negate that fact. For those saying that they don't have games...they currently have more games then any current gen console.

Admittedly, they are a bit parse on the 1st party tip. Then again, so is MS. Nintendo is the only one pumping out those top quality first party titles thus far. Both Sony and MS will have more down the line.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again, the PS4 userbase is significantly bigger. If their 1st party games were notable they would sell significantly better than X1 exclusives. Just like 3rd party games tend to do significantly better on PS4.

Ehhh, PS4 exclusives have significantly outsold Xbox One exclusives. This has been a common thing since the gen started and comes naturally with the larger userbase.

TLoU Remastered sold a Million more than MC Collection. Highest selling exclusive on PS4/One.
Killzone Shadowfall doubled Ryse, did a Million more than Dead Rising 3. Outsold every single XBO exclusive.
Knack(!) sold more than Ryse and Dead Rising 3. 
Infamous SS more than doubled Sunset Overdrive. Outsold every single XBO exclusive.
Driveclub has sold significantly more than Forza Horizon 2.
Bloodborne sold more than any 2015 release on XBO, within 1 Week of launch.

The Last of Us had heavy holiday bundling.

Look at the launch software. DR3+Ryse+Forza 5 sold more than Killzone:SF+Knack even though Knack had heavy bundling in Japan.

The major release X1 had during the launch window of Infamous:SS was Titanfall. Titanfall sold more inspite of being on other MS platforms.

Sony fans were thristy for a racer, Driveclub filled that void and it did pretty well. Probably not as well as it could have if they made a better game. I thought it would already pass Forza 5.

Bloodborne and a respectable opening because of the cult following of the Souls series. MS is very holiday focused for obvious reasons and a few of those games will probably trounce Bloodborne.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I thought Jay was back for a sec :(

Anyways, It's kind of true? But since all current gen consoles are struggling to do 1080p 60fps, it's not saying much...

#PCmasterRace

Mr Puggsly said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again, the PS4 userbase is significantly bigger. If their 1st party games were notable they would sell significantly better than X1 exclusives. Just like 3rd party games tend to do significantly better on PS4.

Ehhh, PS4 exclusives have significantly outsold Xbox One exclusives. This has been a common thing since the gen started and comes naturally with the larger userbase.

TLoU Remastered sold a Million more than MC Collection. Highest selling exclusive on PS4/One.
Killzone Shadowfall doubled Ryse, did a Million more than Dead Rising 3. Outsold every single XBO exclusive.
Knack(!) sold more than Ryse and Dead Rising 3. 
Infamous SS more than doubled Sunset Overdrive. Outsold every single XBO exclusive.
Driveclub has sold significantly more than Forza Horizon 2.
Bloodborne sold more than any 2015 release on XBO, within 1 Week of launch.

Bloodborne and a respectable opening because of the cult following of the Souls series.

Or, because it was a great game. No need to find an excuse to downplay it's success. TLOUR was a huge success. Bloodborne had a great start and is showing solid legs. Killzone sold very well. Infamous sold very well. MLB continues to do great every year. Knack and Driveclub had respectable sales. The Order and LBP3 were the only real failures. Overall their software has been pretty successful if you ask me. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bloodborne and a respectable opening because of the cult following of the Souls series.

Or, because it was a great game. No need to find an excuse to downplay it's success.

Defensive much? I didn't downplay anything.

Bloodborne is new IP but it already had a following from the studio's past work. That's the same reason Titanfall did well.

Recently Completed