By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB appears no13 on all time list of GR

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm disowning Brawl. Freaking 13th best videogame of all time...I think I might crack my disc in half.

i didnt say thats bad

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I'm actually not dissapointed, and instead, excatic that Brawl is the 13th best game of all time according to critics, in an age where reviews have gotten harsher and more varied.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Especially when 2 of the top 10 games are on the top 10 list twice, Brawl is actually 11th, imo.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It can still move up if it gets more 10s.

Actually, I'm surprised people haven't pointed out the multiple consoles of the same game.

5th and 6th are both Orange Box and 9th and 10th are both Resident Evil 4, so that would bump Smash up 2 spots to 11th place.

However, 12th place is Half Life 2, which is already included in Orange Box, obviously trying to remove it from the rankings because of this is a tad unreasonable, but it is debatable, and is enough to bump Brawl into slot #10

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

I remember looking at gamerankings and metacritic before and noticed huge differences for Tony Hawks 2, which is really high on meta but low on GR.

Brawl doesn't deserve top 10, it doesn't bring much new to the table from melee AND even though it was a valiant effort by nintendo, Subspace emissory is just not that crash hot, I'll be sticking to classic mode tbh. I think it's a great game, don't get me wrong, but a purely multiplayer experience just doesn't cut it for me (though incidently, a purely single player experience would).

I doubt any game will knock off Ocarina because of how many reviews get included into that figure, even a 9.5 would seriously hurt any game these days trying to do that (I mean, look at SMG, if it were 10 years ago it would be no.1 because of how few review sites back then there were).

Why is few review sources an advantage? That makes no sense. I'd rather say it's the opposite, as there are now more small reviewers, who give low scores to get hits, yet get counted.

Look at OoT, it got 10 from all the major sites, SMG didn't. I am not bashing SMG (or at least I don't intend to).

We're down to 20th place! BRAWL SUCKS! Twilight Princess (on GC) beats it! MGS 2 beats it too!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Bioshock is in 13 place, ssbb is in 20.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Whats brawl's position on metracritic? I think that sites a million times better >_>;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.