By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks: Splatoon

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:

I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it.

I think Nintendo's written enough on the wall about how Star Fox will turn out for us to cast a good handful of accusations.

Can I get a quote about HW being made in under a year, because I'm 99% sure that's completely untrue.

" I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it."

Yeah, because its only a Single Player game right? The Price tag argument needs to really stop, because if we were to base $ with content, then XCX should be a $200 game.

As for your other comment, i need to find it. Pls hold on. E3 is under a month, we'll see Star Fox soon enough.

Yup, this much more online focused game than single player campaign, probably most online focused Nintendo game ever.

Around the Network

That was a fun reading lol. It seems that they all have a good time in the game's development, that's cool, it also explains why this game is tons of fun (at least what I've played). Thank God they leave behind the tofu idea, that would be weird... And I'm starting to think that maybe they didn't cut content for the release of the game if they only have 10% of the game 1 year ago. I'm happy with the amount of content we have initially (6/7 hours campaing + collectives + some maps and MP modes to play), but I expect it to have tons of content in 1 year. I hope they won't dissapoint!

Were they developing in shifts? The only way I could think it happening is if Nintendo had alternating shifts developing this game 24 hours a day. It really is... inkredible what they can do when they set their mind to it.

That interview is both cheesy and informative at the same time. Which is always a bonus.

Though two things concern me about it. These are the "Tofu" and the "rabbit" things. Mostly because the rabbit loos just terrifying and because the Tofu seems like a terrible idea.

Aside from that though there's few better ways in my eyes to build hype than to actually talk about the game and the history of the development; and that's what these interviews do. They always shed some crazy piece of information and for that you can't really complain. Only a few days now!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Fun read xD

Encouraging to see them touch on the topic of depth and how the art style might make people assume that it might be a shallow game, especially since that sorta happened xD

Good to see that they feel confident that the game offers something to players who want to invest time & skill into it.

Around the Network

Tofu-mode DLC!

The gun is clearly modelled on a supersoaker 50

tbone51 said:

" I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it."

Yeah, because its only a Single Player game right? The Price tag argument needs to really stop, because if we were to base $ with content, then XCX should be a $200 game.

As for your other comment, i need to find it. Pls hold on. E3 is under a month, we'll see Star Fox soon enough.

At this point, it's more of a single player game than a multiplayer one. The price argument doesn't need to stop. I'm not saying the game should be $6, but it definitely shouldn't be $60. Something like XCX should be.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

At this point, it's more of a single player game than a multiplayer one. The price argument doesn't need to stop. I'm not saying the game should be $6, but it definitely shouldn't be $60. Something like XCX should be.

Again your logic is based on content, so if XCX is a $60 game because of this then most games released for $50/$60 on all systems should be adjusted down to $10-$30.

Not sure if your seeing your own point in this situation. SM3DW should be a $30 game, MK8 a $30 game, SSBU a $40 game, etc. And if you disagree with this XCX should easily be a $100+ game with its content.

Honestly dont see anything wrong with the price, you have done this with a couple of games already (Saying a game isnt worth "amount"). Compare the price to previoous gens and you see we are in a better position than before (in terms of pricing for a game's content)

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:

Again your logic is based on content, so if XCX is a $60 game because of this then most games released for $50/$60 on all systems should be adjusted down to $10-$30.

Not sure if your seeing your own point in this situation. SM3DW should be a $30 game, MK8 a $30 game, SSBU a $40 game, etc. And if you disagree with this XCX should easily be a $100+ game with its content.

Honestly dont see anything wrong with the price, you have done this with a couple of games already (Saying a game isnt worth "amount"). Compare the price to previoous gens and you see we are in a better position than before (in terms of pricing for a game's content)

I won't argue at all that most games this gen are overpriced. SM3DW should be a $30 game. I've said that years ago on this site. MK8 has plenty of content for a $60 game. Same with SSBU. Splatoon doesn't come anywhere close to approaching those games. XCX is fine at $60. 

I don't think previous gens had the pricing right either.