By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New artworks from a mistwalker project ! (Cry on ?)

@ tombi

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey for 360. Archaic Sealed Heat for the DS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

well just because the xbox is getting more RPGs because it was out a year before does not in my book make it the best system for RPGs. We all no mistwalker makes mediocore RPGs at best and thats mostly all the RPGS from one company (namco is making all on ps3 also but at a later date)

The best ones arent even here yet and yes they are only on sony. White knight Story (level 5) and ff13 and ff13 vs will be much better just by the companies that make them. i think if the RPGs are good then its a RPG system and Mistwalker arent ever triple A as FF13 and WKS will be.

I wouldn't count WKS as AAA til it's out Dno. New IP's are never shoe ins for AAA status. Personally I think it's true that the 360 is definitely better for RPG's right now. Whether that will remain true in the future is debatable.

Torillian said:
I wouldn't count WKS as AAA til it's out Dno. New IP's are never shoe ins for AAA status. Personally I think it's true that the 360 is definitely better for RPG's right now. Whether that will remain true in the future is debatable.

you are very right i agree but im going off of what level 5 has done in the past. they no RPGs in fact there was a site that said "are they the new sqare enix"?. they make good stuff and if this sucks or gets lower then an 80% on metric ill be surprised.

I also think the xbox is better for RPGS but thats only by default. other systems are to new for huge RPG games and lets face it if Square and Level 5 are working with sony... its gonna be the best RPG system... i think thats easy to say. we can debate if you want but only time will tell.

Dno said:
Torillian said:

you are very right i agree but im going off of what level 5 has done in the past. they no RPGs in fact there was a site that said "are they the new sqare enix"?. they make good stuff and if this sucks or gets lower then an 80% on metric ill be surprised.

I also think the xbox is better for RPGS but thats only by default. other systems are to new for huge RPG games and lets face it if Square and Level 5 are working with sony... its gonna be the best RPG system... i think thats easy to say. we can debate if you want but only time will tell.

Square-Enix has more games announced for the DS than anything else. The only games, as I recall, that they have announced for the PS3 ae FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, and The Last Remnant (multiplatform with the 360). Same for Level 5; the only game they're making for the PS3 is Valkyria Chronicles, while they have four games in development for the DS.

DS is the true RPG platform we have right now, but the 360 is king as far as home consoles go thus far.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Dno said:
Torillian said:

Square-Enix has more games announced for the DS than anything else. The only games, as I recall, that they have announced for the PS3 ae FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, and The Last Remnant (multiplatform with the 360). Same for Level 5; the only game they're making for the PS3 is Valkyria Chronicles, while they have four games in development for the DS.

DS is the true RPG platform we have right now, but the 360 is king as far as home consoles go thus far.

360 is king so far.... and if ff13 is better then all 360 rpgs (which it will be) then to me ps3 is king....

and DS has so many ports that it matter not to me. but yes 360 and DS have more rpgs but NOT better.

Looks interesting.

Guys, what's so amazing about this concept art? I don't mean trolling, but would you explain? For me it looks like some crap :( Yeah they look somewhat artistics, but what's interest in "playing" them? Do you find some atmosphere behind them or what?

Dno said:
Garcian Smith said:
Dno said:
Torillian said:

360 is king so far.... and if ff13 is better then all 360 rpgs (which it will be) then to me ps3 is king....

and DS has so many ports that it matter not to me. but yes 360 and DS have more rpgs but NOT better.

Does anybody else get the feeling that this guy would say the PS3 has the better RPG's even if it had only one out the door?

Sheesh fanboy much?

starcraft said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I dig the style :) I think this could be friggin awesome ^^ If mistwalker keeps this kind of stuff up on the 360 I might actually have to buy one :/

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are out, with strong indications that both are getting sequels.  Microsoft seem to have picked Mistwalker as their pet JRPG studio (right next to Namco with Eternal Sonata and Tales).  Count on the support continuing and purchase the strongest RPG (WRPG and JRPG) console this generation, the Xbox 360.

Starcraft, please...

You sound like a Microsoft PR spokesman.

Or even a desperate salesman, pitching his wares.