By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars: Battlefront Runs at 60FPS, But Resolution Unconfirmed

Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:

And 30 fps games play like dog shit compared to 60 fps. ;)

Ok, you can play 30fps games normally, we've been doing it since forever, but dog shit graphics is dog shit.

Yeah, graphics were soo good in the nineties.

You might be able to play a racing game, shooter, fighting game or platformer in a mediocre 30 fps, but I sure won't.

Mankind was able to survive for tenthousands of years without electricity, doesn't mean we should start living without it now.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:

Ok, you can play 30fps games normally, we've been doing it since forever, but dog shit graphics is dog shit.

Yeah, graphics were soo good in the nineties.

You might be able to play a racing game, shooter, fighting game or platformer in a mediocre 30 fps, but I sure won't.

Mankind was able to survive for tenthousands of years without electricity, doesn't mean we should start living without it now.

Ok good for you, that's why I said they should give us the option for people who do want graphics over 60fps.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Eh I really wish they would give us a 30fps option, I've been playing games at 30fps forever, I'm not missing out. 60fps games usually look like dog shit compared to 30fps games.

You would be giving a massive advantage to your opponents. It wouldn't be fun at 30fps for long.

Resolution.. is not important when I see that pic.. not one bit.. could't care less..

BUT.. what I wanna know is.. How soon can I play this game in VR..

I have waitet 20 years for Star wars VR

And now... mayby next year.. "Look down at the motion controller" and yes :).. it is a real lightsabel.. (and you do stand in the deathstar... facing Vader)

Locknuts said:
Ali_16x said:
Eh I really wish they would give us a 30fps option, I've been playing games at 30fps forever, I'm not missing out. 60fps games usually look like dog shit compared to 30fps games.

You would be giving a massive advantage to your opponents. It wouldn't be fun at 30fps for long.

Oops, lol I completely forgot it's a multiplayer game, yeah that wouldn't work but I was really talking about single player games, like Metal Gear Solid 5. That's game is so horrible, and by that I mean is the pop-ins, really I've never seen anything so bad like that. It would have been easily solved if it was 30fps and it would have the ultra graphics of the pc version, just in 30fps. I would take that version instead.

Around the Network

No ADS and it's a TPS? I'm already not very interested to be honest. Happy for those that will enjoy it though.

Now if only they would bring out a Tie Fighter / X Wing series game. Or another Dark Forces. I played Battlefront 2 I think for about ten minutes and disliked it.

different strokes I guess :D

Ali_16x said:

You've also been playing with shitty graphics forever. So why does that bother you now?

Look at it this way, a 60 fps game on 8th gen still looks significantly better than 7th gen games at 30 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Ali_16x said:

You've also been playing with shitty graphics forever. So why does that bother you now?

Look at it this way, a 60 fps game on 8th gen still looks significantly better than 7th gen games at 30 fps.

What are you talking about? Since when have I been playing shitty graphics? The graphics during that time were what they were for its time.

Ok why are you comparing the graphics to the 7th gen games? I've been comparing them to 8th gen games, and MGSV is theeeeeeeeeeee ugliest "AAA" title on 8th gen. Everywhere I walked pop-ins, so horrible. It would look like the PC version on ultra and I would take that version. I just can't stand it.

DivinePaladin said:
StarOcean said:

Hm, is that so? I guess I never checked if that really is the case. All I know is most gaming websites I've checked regularly refer to it as BF3. If they're treating it like a reboot, then I have slightly less problems with it.

That's sort of one of the problems; everyone wants it to be BFIII without EA ever having had I and II to work from. BFII took a year to build on top of having the entire base game effectively done from BFI, and by all accounts that game was rushed to all hell. That's part of the reason the real BFIII never came out; suddenly jumping to online-friendly consoles and adapting to the 2007ish console market was a lot harder to do than expected, especially with the plans to have seamless space-ground combat. After having released two rush-jobs that were fairly poorly coded, they had to fix everything up for 360 while making it modern and appealing to the shooter gamers of the time. BFIII, had it released on time, would've sold fairly poorly because it was so dated mechanically. Some of its ideas were fantastic, don't get me wrong, but it's because of this I'm glad BFIII never happened. The series ended on a high enough note that we were even ABLE to get a reboot ten years later. Even if the reboot is only average (AKA exactly what most people called the first BF upon launch) I'll be satisfied, because we're getting a Goddamn Battlefront game. 

Hm, I understand your perspective. It actually doesn't seem as bad anymore. I'm mainly just upset about the lack of Clone wars stuff v.v say what you will about the movies but the clones and droids are freaking awesome in BF1 and 2 XD But anyway, thank you for your insight

Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:

And 30 fps games play like dog shit compared to 60 fps. ;)

I don't personally put much value in console games being 60fps (outside of specific genres). I'd usually rather they use the resources to push a game's tech, scale, IQ, AI, etc. I suppose it's subjective though ^^.

OT: If they're targeting 60fps with a similar stability to BF4, i expect they'll settle for 900p/720p again. I'd be happy to see them cut back the visuals in favour of better IQ though.