By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars: Battlefront Runs at 60FPS, But Resolution Unconfirmed

Captain_Yuri said:
Will be interesting to see, I really hope they don't goof the launch some how

Indeed. I truly hope that this game does not suffer like how Battlefield 4.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
OnlyForDisplay said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Will be interesting to see, I really hope they don't goof the launch some how

Essh, don't remind me of that nightmare. It was like they left a monkey on cocaine to handle the launch and then went on vacation! I will rant like crazy if this ends up like that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
OnlyForDisplay

Essh, don't remind me of that nightmare. It was like they left a monkey on cocaine to handle the launch and then went on vacation! I will rant like crazy if this ends up like that

Sorry if I angered you, my man. Really am. My views come from EA's and DICE's recent track record. That's why I have concern.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Zekkyou said:
Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:
Eh I really wish they would give us a 30fps option, I've been playing games at 30fps forever, I'm not missing out. 60fps games usually look like dog shit compared to 30fps games.

And 30 fps games play like dog shit compared to 60 fps. ;)

I don't personally put much value in console games being 60fps (outside of specific genres). I'd usually rather they use the resources to push a game's tech, scale, IQ, AI, etc. I suppose it's subjective though ^^.

OT: If they're targeting 60fps with a similar stability to BF4, i expect they'll settle for 900p/720p again. I'd be happy to see them cut back the visuals in favour of better IQ though.

Metroid Prime 2 is one of the best looking games of its generation and it runs at a perfect 60 fps.

If other developers can't do all these things combined then they're obviously not as good. Did TLOU's terrible framerate fix the game's terrible AI? Nope. Is it a game on a grand scale? Nope. Does it push game tech? Most definitely. Is it worth it? Don't think so.

If the screenshots shown of Star Wars Battlefront III aren't bullshots then it's a very good looking game.

OnlyForDisplay said:
Captain_Yuri said:
OnlyForDisplay

Sorry if I angered you, my man. Really am. My views come from EA's and DICE's recent track record. That's why I have concern.

Nahh I am not angry loll. Its just, those were such facepalm days which hopefully, won't happen again

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You've also been playing with shitty graphics forever. So why does that bother you now?

Look at it this way, a 60 fps game on 8th gen still looks significantly better than 7th gen games at 30 fps.

What are you talking about? Since when have I been playing shitty graphics? The graphics during that time were what they were for its time.

Ok why are you comparing the graphics to the 7th gen games? I've been comparing them to 8th gen games, and MGSV is theeeeeeeeeeee ugliest "AAA" title on 8th gen. Everywhere I walked pop-ins, so horrible. It would look like the PC version on ultra and I would take that version. I just can't stand it.

I think people considered 7th gen graphics shitty when PC cards signficantly more powerful than 7th gen consoles became relatively cheap. Which probably wasn't long into the life of 7th gen consoles.

In my opinion I rather see games pushing 60fps/720p rather than 30fps/1080p. The impact of a resolution higher than 720p doesn't impact gameplay as much 60 fps. I tried going back to Halo 4 on the 360 after playing MCC, it was pretty rough. The lower resoution didn't bother me, games feel sluggish when you go back to 30 fps.

I honestly didn't notice much pop up in MGS:GZ. Maybe I wasn't focusing enough on objects irrelevant to gameplay? I played it on X1 and 360. Only the 7th gen had jarring pop up.

Anyhow, MGS:GZ is a Japanese game. Lower your expectations on graphics when it comes from there.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

From the visuals I think we can expect 720p and 900p.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

For multiplayer games, 60fps is the most important.

*Up to 60fps. With what we've seen of the Frostbite Engine on PS4/Xbox One so far, I think we should expect regular drops into the 40s for this game.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

You know what?
I don't believe it.
Such a depressing position to take no? But honestly, I only feel that way because I've been lied to one too many times by this industry.
Let's hope it really does run at 60 at at least 720.