By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
GamechaserBE said:
I want to add something that a lot people doesn't seem to know around the internet. If you do low level quests you will not get Xp for it. Does not mean you have the XP bug.

I am far in the game but getting little tired of it. That's also because I want to collect Gwen cards but can't at the moment because one card I can get in a story quest at the moment but want to do the side quests first.

You should still get exp . I got exp for doing some of my lower level quests.  Looks like you got the bug. If you are playing the pc version , the 1.05 patch  , should address the issue. Dont know if the next patch for console will address it though .

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
So a question, has anyone finished the game yet? If so, how long was the story and how was it quality wise?

The story is really good but pay careful attention to your decisions in the final chapters. It took me 92 hours to beat the game but Ive seen others do it in 70.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

dane007 said:
GamechaserBE said:
I want to add something that a lot people doesn't seem to know around the internet. If you do low level quests you will not get Xp for it. Does not mean you have the XP bug.

I am far in the game but getting little tired of it. That's also because I want to collect Gwen cards but can't at the moment because one card I can get in a story quest at the moment but want to do the side quests first.

You should still get exp . I got exp for doing some of my lower level quests.  Looks like you got the bug. If you are playing the pc version , the 1.05 patch  , should address the issue. Dont know if the next patch for console will address it though .

Really?

"Quests that are six levels (or more) lower than yours are not granting experience," the post reads. "Anything else should reward you with exp[erience], we are looking into the issue."

Since then, CD Projekt Red has said it's found the bug causing XP to not be rewarded correctly and isworking to fix it. But that forum post makes it clear that, if you're completing quests and not being rewarded with XP, it might simply be that you're undertaking ones that are too low-level for you.

Not saying you are wrong but I find it strange that CDPR says no exp for low level quests and you say we should get XP.  I get XP from the quests around my level that's why :s.

GamechaserBE said:
dane007 said:

Really?

"Quests that are six levels (or more) lower than yours are not granting experience," the post reads. "Anything else should reward you with exp[erience], we are looking into the issue."

Since then, CD Projekt Red has said it's found the bug causing XP to not be rewarded correctly and isworking to fix it. But that forum post makes it clear that, if you're completing quests and not being rewarded with XP, it might simply be that you're undertaking ones that are too low-level for you.

Not saying you are wrong but I find it strange that CDPR says no exp for low level quests and you say we should get XP.  I get XP from the quests around my level that's why :s.

lol thats weird. 2 days ago  i did few side requests and the recommended level was 6 and i was 11 that time. I remembered clearly as that got me to level 12 XD.  When the patch comes out, try doing the low level ones and see if that solves it.   Lets ask the people here , esepcially the ones who finished the game. Cause its impossible to tackle all  the quests and be at the recommended level that they want lol

Anyone completed the game yet? i kinda wanna know how far i am into the main quest line. I'm at the quest where u gotta talk to Uma (the Barrons pet thing)

Around the Network

If you are after Skellige, than you have +/- 10h of playing

If you are after Skellige, than you have +/- 10h of playing.

Main story of course.

dane007 said:
Danman27 said:
Unless the witcher 3 is a complete overhaul of gameplay, and actually has an interesting plat, I couldn't ever buy it. I was bored to tears within 2 hours of the witcher 2, and I think it's my most regretted game purchase.

Witcher 3 gameplay has ben overhauled completely from witcher 2. its alot of fluid and in depth.  there are so many optiosn to use in battle and its very satisfying when you win as you have to do whats you havebeen given to win. The story is beautiful and very engaging. keps you pulled in . Its faster paced to that of witcher 2 . What rpg do you prefer playing if witcher 2 was boring for you?

Favorite RPG is Souls series, including Bloodborne. I also enjoy final fantasy, Mass effect, Skyrim, and Fallout. I just found the witcher incredibly unengaging, it really annoyed that I had to use two different swords because they were both the exact same thing, I just had to keep track of which button I had to press to kill a certain enemy, and I thought the magic in the game was incredibly boring. 

TheGoldenBoy said:

When I was doing my playthrough I was thinking of going your route as well but then I saw how Ciri acted and decided to let her make her decisions for herself and I'm glad it all worked out in the end. The bad ending is depressing as fuck though from what I saw on YouTube. It would suck to play everything and see it all end like that.

Great news! All I had to do was address two bad descisions and I got what I consider to be the best ending! It didnt even take more than an hour, alls right with the world. This is the first game to really impress me this generation. Now, I have to read books about parenting!

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Chevinator123 said:
Anyone completed the game yet? i kinda wanna know how far i am into the main quest line. I'm at the quest where u gotta talk to Uma (the Barrons pet thing)

You're like more than two thirds done.