By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
StokedUp said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to unequip a glyph from equipment? And if it is, how the hell do you do it?

You should be able to get it back by dismantling the equipment. Need to see a black smith or armourer for that.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Well here is what I want for some DLC

A tavern with all some of the CDProjectRed's developers ( you know characters with their names or fantasy names) that are sitting around and have full Gwent decks. Meaning they all have every single card in the game and I can play them infinitely. i woudl say limit betting, but by the time you have the skills and cards to play them in gwent you will probably not need money anyway.

But haven't yet got to the end yet so maybe there already is some place that has awesome gwnet players. I woudl hate to compltet my deck and then have no one to play. I'm very addicted to Gwent right now. Fun game, but already many peple I challenge, my deck is way better than theirs (random merchants, innkeepers)

But I think that woudl be a good free dlc. or maybe not every card, but have their decks decked out how the developer likes to play.  You know like in Mario Kart 8, how the time trials has a dev time as the thing.  Have a tavern of Dev's and their decks to play.  Make them end game decks.

StokedUp said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Also, Triss >>>>>> Yennifer

Lol I'm not sure who I like best, yennefer is by far the more powerful sorceress and I do like her unpredictably fiery attitude she gets sometimes, although I'm talking about the books I've read so far because I'm still yet to see more of triss in the game and only slightly seen yennefer so far in the game.

Yennifer seems like the girl who got away, Triss seems like the girlfriend type and the other one with the white hair seems to be the friends with benefits.

Yennefer seems like the kind who will cheat on you, and you all seem to forget one thing : the Yennefer you see is a fake, if she shows what she looks like without magic, i remind you she is a hunchback, just knowing that kills all her charm

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

So far, pretty good. I am really enjoying it. It has not grabbed me and not let go like Bloodborne did, but I am still fairly early (Baron- Botchling quest) so it could take off. Right now I feel progression character progression is a bit slow but really that is the only flaw I see.

Also I tend to not like weapon wear in my games, and this one makes you pay hand over foot to do repairs so really don't like that.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

The longer I play the more I tend to say that it is somewhere between good and very good. It has some minor flaws that just don't let me say it's excellent.

Crafting and collecting stuff is chaotic, gameplay is average at it's best but for the most part pretty annoying with all it's flaws. A lot of lifeless copy &paste villages after the 'magic' of the first hours is gone.

The rest is pretty good though: an okay main story, excellent side stories, great characters and dialogues and Gwent is just perfect. Skellige is just awesome and same goes for some other regions - especially with the right weather on your side ;3

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Combat and general movement and gameplay is bleh. Good writing. Okay graphics. 7.5/10, will not finish, but way better than 1 or 2.

The Siege of Kaer Morhen - pretty awesome. Make sure to check out the whore house, been there 4 times, just give them my name, the owner will give you a discount.

hansrob00 said:
The Siege of Kaer Morhen - pretty awesome. Make sure to check out the whore house, been there 4 times, just give them my name, the owner will give you a discount.

Sounds like you have personal experience with the way these establishments run

(I kid ofcourse).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just finished the game. Amazing experience I have to say. Gameplay was a bit stale towards the latter half as there was not much that you could've done to change it, but it was satisfying nonetheless. Very happy with my ending as well. I clocked a total of 4 days and 5 hours of gameplay surprisingly. Definitely looking forward to the DLC.

Now I just need to find something else to fill in the void that the Witcher has now left me with.

How about you guys? Some gameplay statistics as well as which ending you got (First playthrough)?