By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Guys, there is one dude sitting in a town named Benek with a question mark, but the little shit keep saying he cant be in 2 places at same time and that he is too busy.
Quest dont start, how the hell , is it a bug?

It could be, i have a couple of side activities bugged on my game.

One is a Monster Cave which i cleaned entirely and the thing still appears white on my map.

The other is a peson in distress activity, which is a merchant who is OUTSIDE of the fucking cage and yet he yells for help. Im like WTF dude?! I kill all the bandits in the zone and still no key for the cage, and the logo on the map still white.

I swear bro, this game is not for people with OCD...seeing that white logos on my map kills me.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Guys, there is one dude sitting in a town named Benek with a question mark, but the little shit keep saying he cant be in 2 places at same time and that he is too busy.

One is a Monster Cave which i cleaned entirely and the thing still appears white on my map.

The other is a peson in distress activity, which is a merchant who is OUTSIDE of the fucking cage and yet he yells for help. Im like WTF dude?! I kill all the bandits in the zone and still no key for the cage, and the logo on the map still white.

I swear bro, this game is not for people with OCD...seeing that white logos on my map kills me.

Did you destroy the nest though?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

haven't played,.. i'm still immersed in bloodborne and will be for a while. glad to see people are happy with their purchase,.. this is probably my most wanted game i don't already own so later this year i'll pick it up. hopefully just after the first price drop/sale.

SubiyaCryolite said:
AEGRO said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Did you destroy the nest though?

I havent seen a nest inside the cave bro

AEGRO said:

I havent seen a nest inside the cave bro

The monster icon means theres a nest. Use your Witcher senses to find it and then blow it up. Then ithe icon should become dim (gray)

Around the Network
mai said:
SvennoJ said:
I only just got to Velen and while the scope is impressive it's also very intimidating. Especially with receiving a lvl 35 quest right at the start of Velen while I'm lvl 4 after 10 hours. It looks like the completionist in me might prevent me from completing the story.

It's CD Projekt Red's way to say -- yes, it's open world and all but you're not allowed over here, pal.

I'm at the very beginning, just killed a griffon. My biggest complaints are: what the heck is going on (no previous experience with the books and the games)? controls are a bit awkward, mostly swimming and battle on horses (PS4 version); localization is ranging from average to excellent and from character to character, but they do f**king swear, not a lot but if they do they use mat, which is disturbing + localization synchronization makes speech sounds funny sometimes (slower or faster than intended), might actually switch to Polish + subtitles, a good way to learn a little Polish.

I've been playing in Polish since the beginning. It adds a lot to the immersion and the voice acting is great in Polish, sounds very natural. I'm picking up a few words already, yet I wonder what response I'll get in a polish bakery with "I'll rip of your melon and shit down your neck" Still disturbing in the subtitles...
I have no idea how to spell the few words I've picked up though, cool language anyway. Googled how to spell hello cześć Yep that's what I thought...

I don't mind the high level quest as an indication there will be something to go back for, yet laying it all open right at the start (just after the griffon) spoils the discovery a bit and feels more like "These are the 3 areas you'll be working on for the rest of the game, in this order, now get to it"
It's no different from other wrpgs in the sense that the meat and bones is in the sidequests. The main quest is a small thread to keep you moving forward. A world with a collection of short stories, which is what it was based on anyway. Witcher book series is a collection of short stories as well.

I've got a feeling me NOT destroying the tree spirit linked with the ladies of the woods quest might of been a bad decision, just by the witches reaction to that.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
I've got a feeling me NOT destroying the tree spirit linked with the ladies of the woods quest might of been a bad decision, just by the witches reaction to that.

I burnt that shit down, after everything the villagers said it was a no brainer >_>

I don't think we can brand another game than the Witcher 3 the title of AAA game. The game, the grafics, the story, the quests, everything is alive and engaging. I'm having a blast with side quests and I'm on a interrogation-marks quests spree in Velen. There's so many of them.

I was at first a bit taken aback by the graphics I kinda hyped too much, I'll look after the SwetFx upgrade but I trust CDPR for a high res pack DLC for us PC players. Actually, with all at ultra and just TessFX deactivated, I've a steady 60 fps (GF970 ftw). Without, not steady 47-50 fps.

Gameplay combat is weird at first, but you can adapt really fast. I still consider combat is TW1>TW3>TW2.

Crafting is immense, but I'd love them to reintroduce the potion system of TW1, which was easy and complex at the same time, especially when you were making your potion with albedo, rubedo or nigredo dominant. The new system is... different, but compensates with a lot of upgrade and a cool loot system. In TW1/TW2, I just kept a few swords, I'm changing my favorite gear quite fast so it's pretty cool imho.

I've not played Skyrim (I stopped Oblivion after 60 hours because bored of the fetch quests), but like TW2 was taking inspiration from Batman (it's a good thing), TW3 is inspired from Skyrim. Do you guys think they're improving on skyrim.

Also, I'd like to say that they've gone a long road since TW1, with only a few different NPC, now the NPC look soooooooooo alive, especially the old women asking for stuff.

BTW, I've tried activating 3D and it gave me some nice result, but at the great expense of FPS and resolution. Nah, world was even moar alive , as if I could grasp it. Not worth the drawbacks, imho, but nice try.

If you haven't jumped, stop everything you're doing, and start to play right now.

Disclaimer : I've had another runs in difficult of TW1 and TW2 since February waiting for TW3. I'm clocking 185 hrs of TW1 (5 runs), 100 hours of TW2 (2 runs), and 21 hours of TW3 (starting run)

In another thread I had said I was not 'feeling' the game, but now it really 'clicked' and I´m enjoying it...quite a lot, actually...the quality of the questsand dialogues is amazing.

And I´m really digging the main character, Geralt, he´s like a cross between Solid Snake and Ned Stark.