By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt comment on removed Witcher 3 PC-PS4 comparison video(PC Version Downgraded?)

what you mean is the result is different from an early footage to the release games. I think all platform have all downgrade aspect.

disclaimer: Incoming PC gamer rant that blaming console

~Mod Edit~

This post (in conjunction with others) has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network

exactly why i find PC gamers "master race" stuff so laughable. spend $2,000 on a computer to run games that only leverage $500 worth of computer because no dev is willing to push a game beyond what can be run on a console. it would be finacial suicide to ignore consoles and the low spec'ed pc gamers.

Calling it now; this will be another Watchdogs.
Someone, somewhere has been paid to make it worse or the game was not stable at higher setting. However, it looks like the PC crowd have yet again been shafted.

kitler53 said:
exactly why i find PC gamers "master race" stuff so laughable. spend $2,000 on a computer to run games that only leverage $500 worth of computer because no dev is willing to push a game beyond what can be run on a console. it would be finacial suicide to ignore consoles and the low spec'ed pc gamers.

actually if they want to play games , medium to high setting is more then enough, enthusiast card is really good for graphic designer and game developer, out side of that is useless, is not productive. Because most games optimize for the mainstream gfx that sold best on the market, example ( GTX 750, 650, Ati radeon R7, etc)

kitler53 said:

It's so funny I've been gaming since I was eight and pc gaming since I was 12. Never once in my life have I spent 2000 on a pc. Just setup a new build and I've been running everything on max so far and it was 800. Sold my ps4 soon after that. Console gaming is great but it's a waste of money now. I spent 260 within a month or two on games that I never liked because console have no options for demoing a game. The best option they have is going to game stop buying used and returning it in seven days. On pc of I don't like a game the most I lose is $10-$20. Which is rare cause I try almost everything before I buy it. I have the option to try every single game I buy that alone is worth the extra $400 I spent on my ps4.

Not to mention backwards compatibility at all times no switching consoles. All the games I had on my 360 I got back and they looked amazing at 1080. 

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Momot restates that the PC version will look superior to the console versions, and cites draw distance, frame-rate, resolution and “exclusive features such as hairworks” as the reasons why. No specific mention of better textures, though.

Nope, not believing that bullshit again, I believed that about GTA V with it's "PC exclusive" video editor and radio stations, now those are getting ported over to current gen, what's to say the same isn't going to happen here, this temporary pleasing PC users needs to come to a complete stop, I know I won't buy or support at full if the features being marketed to me as being temporary, I don't do temporary, I do forever or not at all, not at all means vanilla which means no buy so the answer is pretty clear.

So far CDPR have said "oh it's not the right version with the day 1 patch", well my mum is the Queen of England!, see how easy it is to say something so easily without evidence?, I know they are the actual devs but at this point I have little reason to believe them, they've been quiet about this for ages and won't just come out and full admit what's going on, instead we get these forum snippets or when something like this happens they come out with "it's not the right version" and then they go back into hiding.

All I know is I expect fake eye candy at this point from CDPR, slightly improved everything and blown up to epeic proportions like R* did with GTA V's PC marketing, they blew that up to make it such a big deal when it wasn't that much of a deal after nearly 2 years, I can see the same happening with this so easily.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Its pretty obvious they did this to show how ''close'' their newley beloved PS4 version is on par with the dearly departed PC version.

I saw the downgrade from a mile off and same to with their agenda. Can't bare to think what the abnegated XO version would look/perform like. 

Sighh, We will have to wait and see when it releases but if its true, looks like modders will have to fix this too :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hope people boycott this game

TheJimbo1234 said:
Calling it now; this will be another Watchdogs.
Someone, somewhere has been paid to make it worse or the game was not stable at higher setting. However, it looks like the PC crowd have yet again been shafted.

Nope. None has paid to make inferior version. Reality is CDPR is still a small studio; not EA / Ubisoft big. They lack manpower to pull those graphics. Plus what I read from neogaf CDPR had to basically make two versions or two games if they wanted those visuals for PC. Since console versions makes good cash they choose the easy way.