By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Is Going to Hit 1mil in Sales, and It Wont Take Very Long! (1 Month)

Based on recent updates I'll up my projection of this game to 1 million. (was originally 250k)

Around the Network

It will happen. The funny thing is that I'm not even concerned about it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announces that its their next million seller without having the need of VGC numbers. I'm sure that the first ones to sing the praises will be Nintendo.

AEGRO said:
Wii U Million Sellers (According to VgChartz):

1) New Super Mario Bros U
2) Mario Kart 8
3) Nintendo Land
4) Super Smash Bros
5) New Super Luigi U
6) Wii Party U
7) Zelda Wind Waker
8) DK Tropical Freeze

Splatoon wont be a part of that list.

Dk might not be a million seller yet, its at 130k~ish in japan (maybe a little higher) and US its closing in on 500k. I think Shipments are close though.

Pikmin i believe is a million seller. It has way ovver 132k digital sales inthe US alone (thanks to the promotion)

Splatoon will join, latest by years end.

Edit: Didn't notice your saying it cant, c'mon bro!!! Its already at 120k in just japan!!!

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Based on recent updates I'll up my projection of this game to 1 million. (was originally 250k)

Are both of those numbers lifetime predictions?

Yes , at first I didn't see any hype for the game. Now I feel there is a moderate amount of hype to adjust my prediction up significantly 

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I said the same O.o (250k? Kirby is likely already passed that in shipment and Kirby:RC <<<<< Splatoon!)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes , at first I didn't see any hype for the game. Now I feel there is a moderate amount of hype to adjust my prediction up significantly 

Even without the hype, 250k is a little too low! At least its 1ml lifetime but my prediction says 1mil by june 30th, so quick! Change it :P

Ner, not in a month. Maybe in 6 months. You're overestimating the power of new IPs, irrespective of their quality.

garywood said:
Ner, not in a month. Maybe in 6 months. You're overestimating the power of new IPs, irrespective of their quality.

I think its quite the opposite, many are underestimating! That said your prediction is good, many dont think 1mil will come by end of year.

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:

250k lifetime...

Noble, Noble, Noble...

Noble, Noble, Noble...

God damnit, Noble!

Lmao at least I changed it xD

If this prediction were to come true. I would salute you. :)