By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "We Have More Games Planned for WiiU this Financial Year"

Except that is not true- speaking to investors in Nintendo’s financial briefing, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed that the company has more titles for the Wii U planned in the pipeline, that have not yet been announced. What is more, these unannounced titles are slated for release before March 31, 2016.

“These are the already announced Wii U titles that will be released in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, and there are also unannounced titles that are not listed here,” Iwata explained to investors.

“Among these titles, there are games that actively utilise the Wii U GamePad, including several we showed at E3 last year that are considered part of the Wii U GamePad utilisation project led by Mr. Miyamoto.

“In the case of other such titles as Mario Maker, I believe that the type of gameplay that lets consumers use the GamePad to take advantage of their creativity to create UGC (user-generated content) for everyone to enjoy offers tremendous possibilities, and I also believe that the nature of the gameplay that encourages parents and children to play together has great potential as well.”

So, for these unannounced Nintendo Wii U games- exactly what could they be? Metroid? F-Zero? Another Donkey Kong? Maybe a Wii U port of Pokken? What exactly is Nintendo working on? One thing is for sure, this sure made the prospect of Nintendo’s E3 event this year a whole lot more interesting.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-we-have-more-wii-u-games-planned-for-this-financial-year#HD7gGhmstfEHkbsb.99

Around the Network

They did say that they are going to do more spin-offs, so i wouldnt mind expanding their franchise/characters with someone else. Since i really liked Hyrule Warriors.

ANIMAL CROSSING U !!!!!! I need you this year!!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hope so, because i still cry for Zelda.

How surprising.
Animal Crossing and Paper Mario will definitely still come to Wii U, but not sure if it's that soon.
Nintendo always has some surprises left for E3.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Sounds good.

As of now, I'm definitely expecting a new Animal Crossing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Captain Toad, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10 all released in the previous financial year and we had no idea about any of them at this time last year so I'm not surprised.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Good, let's ride :)

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Mario Strikers?! Oh dear God, I hope so.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Jranation said:
They did say that they are going to do more spin-offs, so i wouldnt mind expanding their franchise/characters with someone else. Since i really liked Hyrule Warriors.

ANIMAL CROSSING U !!!!!! I need you this year!!!!!!

Think about it: Every Nintendo console since the GC (or N64 in Japan) had an Animal Crossing game......Wild World for DS, City Folk for Wii, New Leaf for 3ds,

I believe a new Animal Crossing is already in the works... and I´m waiting anxiously for it.

I do believe, also, that a new Metroid is on the works, or maybe two new Metroids (for WiiU and 3ds). Who knows what Retro Studios may be working on right now.....

Amiibo Crossing and maybe another budget title like Kirby or Toad.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile