By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a PS4 exclusive ever outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 45 11.17%

No 358 88.83%

Total:403
KLXVER said:
Ali_16x said:

You know google is your answer, but w/e. No it wasn't bundled with the console, it was bundled with board thing, just like Mario Kart Wii was bundled with the wheel but they ended up being bundled with a console anyway and were made free.

You are weird...

It's not hard to understand, what is the difference from it being bundled free with the console and it being bundled free with the board? How is it different from Wii Sports being bundled with the console? They still came free.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

Probably not, as PS4 exclusives will likely not have the mass market appeal that Mario Kart does.

Ali_16x said:
KLXVER said:

You are weird...

It's not hard to understand, what is the difference from it being bundled free with the console and it being bundled free with the board? How is it different from Wii Sports being bundled with the console? They still came free.

Its a simple question. Will a PS4 game ever sell more than MKWii? The game was still sold whether it was bundled or not... Nintendo didnt stand on a street corner giving the game out to people...

Ali_16x said:

Wii Fit wasn't bundled with the Balance Board.

The Balance Board was bundled with Wii Fit.

The game was the selling point, the board was merely the means to play it.

KLXVER said:
Ali_16x said:

Its a simple question. Will a PS4 game ever sell more than MKWii? The game was still sold whether it was bundled or not... Nintendo didnt stand on a street corner giving the game out to people...

lol wow it's like i'm going in circles, Sony won't bundle 1 game for years and years, it's a ridculous question. It's not hard for ANY company, whether its Sony or Microsoft too give out free games. End.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
lol wow it's like i'm going in circles, Sony won't bundle 1 game for years and years, it's a ridculous question. It's not hard for ANY company, whether its Sony or Microsoft too give out free games. End.

So your answer is no.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Ali_16x said:
KLXVER said:

So your answer is no. Fine. Now move on.

It would be a miraculous transcendent game if it sells 35 million units. I don't see it happening. Honestly I'd be shocked if any game on ps4 cracks 35 million in its lifetime.

curl-6 said:

Ali_16x said:

Wii Fit wasn't bundled with the Balance Board.

The Balance Board was bundled with Wii Fit.

The game was the selling point, the board was merely the means to play it.

That's true, but Wii Fit is the most casual game I've seen, it was literally for non-gamers. But it doesn't change the fact that Mario Kart was bundled with consoles, as I said before any company can get that number if they're giving it for free.

I don't think that is even remotely possible. Maybe if they had Grand Theft Auto exclusive but even then it wouldn't be guaranteed. I just don't think it's possible.