By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a PS4 exclusive ever outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 45 11.17%

No 358 88.83%

Total:403
Ali_16x said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Well Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time. 

And it's bundled so again, will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't shipped?

Probably wont happen. Dont know why thats a factor though. I mean are Sony not allowed to bundle games with the PS4?

Around the Network

The game that sold the most on ps2 is GT3 with almost 15m. By the way, most Sony fans expect more than 100m. Hardly anyone believe that ps4 would have ps2 level of success.

Edit: forgot about GTA san andreas. 

Who the hell thinks PS4 will sell over 150M? O.o

vkaraujo said:

They did it with the PS2. Why is it impossible now?

KLXVER said:
Ali_16x said:

And it's bundled so again, will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't shipped?

Probably wont happen. Dont know why thats a factor though. I mean are Sony not allowed to bundle games with the PS4?

Lol because Sony isn't going to ship a bundled game for years and years and years, it's a ridiculous question.  Lol it didn't even sell 35 mil, somehow giving something essentially for free is now considering selling? 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
binary solo said:
curl-6 said:

Mario Kart Wii stands at 35 million sales on a userbase of 101 million.

Given that PS4 is widely expected to outsell the Wii lifetime, and that many expect it to even outsell the PS2's record of 150 million, will an exclusive on it sell more than Mario Kart Wii?

What say you?

Slight correction. A few wishful thinkers expect...

Many people think 120 million is on the cards, most people think 100 million is likely/possible, only a few people think 150 million+ is on the cards.

Fixed the OP to "that some expect".

TheObserver said:
No, Playstation user base is generally very diverse, which leads to pretty much every type of game having a chance to sell good numbers granted that it's well made. But it also means that no one game sells ridiculous numbers.

In contrast everyone who buys a Nintendo console is interested in the same 5 games and they all buy those same games and everything else has little to no chance of selling well. Also let's not overlook the fact that Mario Kart Wii was a free pack-in game for the Wii, otherwise it usually sells around 8 million.

Gotta love the internet, someone's always trying to start a flame war. But seriously recurring characters does not mean the games are the same. I bought a Wii U and yet I'm interested in games from most genres and many different non-Nintendo franchises so your quantifier "everyone" fails.

Ali_16x said:
KLXVER said:

Lol because Sony isn't going to ship a bundled game for years and years and years, it's a ridiculous question. 

Well if they ever make a game thats as popular as MK, then maybe they will...

KLXVER said:
vkaraujo said:

They did it with the PS2. Why is it impossible now?

Lack of DVD utility appeal, Japan has crashed, Won't be continued for 12 years. 

Pick one.

KLXVER said:
Ali_16x said:
KLXVER said:

Lol because Sony isn't going to ship a bundled game for years and years and years, it's a ridiculous question. 

Well if they ever make a game thats as popular as MK, then maybe they will...

Except again, they won't ship a for years and years, Mario Kart Wii is a  special case because of the motion controls. Sony doesn't stick too one game for the rest of the consoles life cycle. I mean, lol it's not hard to do what Nintendo did, you think giving out 1 single game for free is hard? lol.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"