By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a PS4 exclusive ever outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 45 11.17%

No 358 88.83%

Total:403

I'm not sure I believe that the PS4 will outsell the Wii. And even if it does, it won't come close to the PS2.

Around the Network

Maybe if nintendo quits console business and partner with sony for mario kart 9 exclusivity.

I don't think it would happen. Also who the fuck voted "yes"?

Proud to be a Californian.

No, Playstation user base is generally very diverse, which leads to pretty much every type of game having a chance to sell good numbers granted that it's well made. But it also means that no one game sells ridiculous numbers.

In contrast everyone who buys a Nintendo console is interested in the same 5 games and they all buy those same games and everything else has little to no chance of selling well. Also let's not overlook the fact that Mario Kart Wii was a free pack-in game for the Wii, otherwise it usually sells around 8 million.

curl-6 said:

Mario Kart Wii stands at 35 million sales on a userbase of 101 million.

Given that PS4 is widely expected to outsell the Wii lifetime, and that many expect it to even outsell the PS2's record of 150 million, will an exclusive on it sell more than Mario Kart Wii?

What say you?

There wasn't even a PS2 exclusive that sold anywhere near 35 million.   It's not going to happen on the PS4

Around the Network

Lol why are you talking about a game that has been shipped with consoles for years? Will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't bundled? Nope.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

No.

Not much else to say.

Ali_16x said:
Lol why are you talking about a game that has been shipped with consoles for years? Will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't shipped? Nope.

Well Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time. 

FloatingWaffles said:
Ali_16x said:
Lol why are you talking about a game that has been shipped with consoles for years? Will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't shipped? Nope.

Well Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time. 

And it's bundled so again, will any Nintendo exclusive game sell more than Mario Kart Wii that isn't bundled.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

The best selling game on the PS2 is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas with about 18 million. It is followed by Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec at about 15 million. Gran Turismo is an exclusive title, but GTA is not. So if GTA 6 is a ps4 exclusive then it is possible that it could reach 35 million.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc